Agree or Disagree? Black people in America would be stronger, if segregation remained in America.

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    lol @ wanting segregation, that is so dumb.

Its because most of them are too ignorant to really know what it was.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I hate to say it... but yes... this is a dumb question.

Segregation or integration... whatever you feel more comfortable with.... none of it matters when you're constantly under attack by a government, a system, or an institution, intending on destroying any notable progress black people make, whether its through imminent domain, blatant terror and rioting, or destructive policies that do our communities a disservice.

At the end of the day... just answering the original question in a since is allowing outsiders to decide how we as black people should be governed; Yielding power and authority to other groups who more than likely do not have our best interest at heart.

Its up to our communities to decide what makes since for our future and clearly that will require us to engage and resist simultaneously.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

cars ?

cars too.

^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers

and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury ? , the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha

niggaaaaaa

who the hell summoned you?

you always come cartwheeling out just so counter my ? ...

the thread is about something an i see a problem I pointed out. stop being so defensive.

sublimal? nah ? . don't give yourself so much credit.

I call a ? out when needed. I don't sit an wait for certain people.
    an yes...I am proud of my cheap ass sneakers....you still missed the point on that ...while also missing my point in the lavar thread. but all you see is hating? lol. overpriced is overpriced no matter the brand and lets not get back started on lavar.

opposing views are always welcomed by me...I'm always up for a debate...

but you.....seems your only objective is to prove me wrong....sounds suspect but ehh. I don't hate on the ? .

cut the ? bruh.......I just call out ? when I see it

u take weak wristed shots all the time and then play victim whenever someone points it out

then u lift ur skirt like always and try to deflect

the reason me and u disagree is cuz I can't relate to fake balling/flossing type ?

it's either u truly humble and don't give a damn about luxuries............or u a "baller" who money must be too short to really compete, that's why u hating on the next man in a better car than u :joy:

yeah u proud of ur sneakers cuz u a crab type ? proud to wear Nikes.....meanwhile there are plenty of really cheap shoes u could wear instead since u so concerned about ? being overpriced

but don't mind me for pointing out the obvious flaws in ur logic as usual

homotional.

^^deflection as usual

but please share with us all why u chose a pair of Nikes instead of another pair of cheaper shoes since u so concerned about overpriced ? while u also claim to be a "baller" at same the time :joy:

but I get it, the "white man's ice is always colder" to u as another poster said on here

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hating ass ? like @2stepz_ahead are why we can never build our own ? and our kids continue to feel like we need white people.......how stupid/hypocritical would he be to cosign anything but integration

Lavar Ball stepped out there to build something of his own while mofos sat on the sidelines.......and mofos still hated when he was teaching his kids the value of owning their own ? , instead of being owned by somebody else

we don't need to be officially segregated to build our own ? , but it's too many virus ? out here who like to play both sides

they love using the black community for support when ? is hard, but when they feel like they got a lil bit of money or status them same mofos love being surrounded by crackas
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Umar said some real ? recently on the Breakfast Club, black people are the only group that are thought being around your own people is bad and moving amongst whites is a come up.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it's a dumb question, simply because the question makes you think. But I do think it's a weird-ass question, not that there is anything really wrong with weird questions.

Like others have said, integration vs. segregation is largely irrelevant, i.e., if the goal is peace and prosperity (as it should be?). The real question is much deeper than segregation or integration.

I've always believed peace and prosperity starts with individual freedom. Sounds abstract, but I still think it's an essential rule that many unfortunately either forget or disregard altogether.

And I mean freedom from, not freedom to. Not just from government but from other larger forces, like even "the black community." If humans are prone to corruption, and power corrupts, then I don't see how anyone can believe that the evils (of white leaders) would just disappear if we segregated ourselves and had black leaders instead. Sounds way too optimistic to me. If anything, we need more leaders but less followers.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I don't think it's a dumb question, simply because the question makes you think. But I do think it's a weird-ass question, not that there is anything really wrong with weird questions.

Like others have said, integration vs. segregation is largely irrelevant, i.e., if the goal is peace and prosperity (as it should be?). The real question is much deeper than segregation or integration.

I've always believed peace and prosperity starts with individual freedom. Sounds abstract, but I still think it's an essential rule that many unfortunately either forget or disregard altogether.

And I mean freedom from, not freedom to. Not just from government but from other larger forces, like even "the black community." If humans are prone to corruption, and power corrupts, then I don't see how anyone can believe that the evils (of white leaders) would just disappear if we segregated ourselves and had black leaders instead. Sounds way too optimistic to me. If anything, we need more leaders but less followers.

But shouldn't we be allowed our own land and our own right to make mistakes ??

What's wrong with that?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say it... but yes... this is a dumb question.

Segregation or integration... whatever you feel more comfortable with.... none of it matters when you're constantly under attack by a government, a system, or an institution, intending on destroying any notable progress black people make, whether its through imminent domain, blatant terror and rioting, or destructive policies that do our communities a disservice.

At the end of the day... just answering the original question in a since is allowing outsiders to decide how we as black people should be governed; Yielding power and authority to other groups who more than likely do not have our best interest at heart.

Its up to our communities to decide what makes since for our future and clearly that will require us to engage and resist simultaneously.

Here's the problem. The system is itself isn't racist, it's just a process. The people running the system are racist/elitist as hell though. So segregating ourselves does nothing but give us even less control within the system.

What we should be doing is uniting as a group like Jews do(we have way more numbers) and start influencing the system in a big way. That's what we did pre-1970's, but then we decided to throw our influence into the party system. One that props up White leaders, and one where we get acknowledged a few months before an election every 4 years. We could control either of these parties or both for that matter. Our vote tips the scales like no other one in America. But we don't demand ? , we just look for nice "pat you on the head" type speeches of "outreach", and rinse repeat. We should have flatout demand an end to the Drug War years ago, and voted for whoever does that. Jews do it when it comes to Israel matters, Latinos with immigration, Muslims with their fuckery, Whites with their SJW ? , but we don't do a damn thing despite holding all the cards.
  • Plutarch
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

What's wrong with that?

Yes, of course!? That was my point. I'm not sure whether we're understanding each other.

But yes, we, as individuals (I really don't like the group/herd mentality) should be free to make our decisions and mistakes responsibly.

Of course, education is always an essential importance along the way that helps us not make those mistakes, but if we do, then we should hold ourselves accountable (with the exception of children).

As for land, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're talking about private ownership, then of course. I'm 100% for that.

If you're talking about the 40 acres (and a mule), well, that's complicated, heh. I have a divided mind about reparations.

If you're talking about separatism or the carving out of America for a Black America, I'm also of a divided mind about that.

I'm just saying that it all starts from individual freedom from, imo.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

What's wrong with that?

Yes, of course!? That was my point. I'm not sure whether we're understanding each other.

But yes, we, as individuals (I really don't like the group/herd mentality) should be free to make our decisions and mistakes responsibly.

Of course, education is always an essential importance along the way that helps us not make those mistakes, but if we do, then we should hold ourselves accountable (with the exception of children).

If you're talking about the 40 acres (and a mule), well, that's complicated, heh. I have a divided mind about reparations.

If you're talking about separatism or the carving out of America for a Black America, I'm also of a divided mind about that.

Yeah your free to segregate yourself by "race". But...that is pretty hard to impossible to do in modern America. Also believe it or not the races were never really separate in America...due to Europeans forcing themselves on the others. So there seems to be a distorted understanding of segregation. That was less about real separation and more about using energy to try to keep people down...based on the color of your skin...makes a lot of sense and works great (obvious sarcasm smh) Which hurts the oppressor or perpretrator too.
    This is a "come back here with me" topic. Who even sits around thinking about this. There is life to live in 2017.
    People can choose who they want to associate with but as you said its personal choice. Maybe others dont want to limit themselves in those ways. All black people arent a monolith exactly the same...
    Alright I went backwards enough to address this "topic" Im one who is about winning in todays world not going back to some theoretical and nonsensical...who knows what it is supposed to be.
  • Plutarch
    edited July 2017
    Options
    We could control either of these parties or both for that matter. Our vote tips the scales like no other one in America.

I might agree with most of what you've said, but this here doesn't seem to be true for what appears (to me at least) to be obvious reasons.

Blacks are, what, only 12% or 13% of the population? It's been said that we didn't really even vote Obama in office. White women did, right? We overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and they still lose at times. The Dems even take our vote for granted. Doesn't sound like we have as much political power as you say.
  • Plutarch
    Options

What's wrong with that?

Yeah your free to segregate yourself by "race". But...that is pretty hard to impossible to do in modern America. Also believe it or not the races were never really separate in America...due to Europeans forcing themselves on the others. So there seems to be a distorted understanding of segregation. That was less about real separation and more about using energy to try to keep people down...based on the color of your skin...makes a lot of sense and works great (obvious sarcasm smh) Which hurts the oppressor or perpretrator too.
    This is a "come back here with me" topic. Who even sits around thinking about this. There is life to live in 2017.
    People can choose who they want to associate with but as you said its personal choice. Maybe others dont want to limit themselves in those ways. All black people arent a monolith exactly the same...
    Alright I went backwards enough to address this "topic" Im one who is about winning in todays world not going back to some theoretical and nonsensical...who knows what it is supposed to be.

That's interesting. I agree with you. I think you're right about segregation too, though the oppressor seems to always remain firmly in power/control despite the "self-harm."

But yeah, times have certainly changed, but I still think some "theory" is necessary, if I understand you correctly. It just needs to be accompanied by productive practice that fits, as you've said, our modern times as well.

I know people are tired of all the talking and inaction and even the action of marching and protesting, but that just means that we (as a group) are not being very proficient with the productive action part of it all.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We could control either of these parties or both for that matter. Our vote tips the scales like no other one in America.

I might agree with most of what you've said, but this here doesn't seem to be true for what appears (to me at least) to be obvious reasons.

Blacks are, what, only 12% or 13% of the population? It's been said that we didn't really even vote Obama in office. White women did, right? We overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and they still lose at times. The Dems even take our vote for granted. Doesn't sound like we have as much political power as you say.

13% of the population yes, but a quarter of the Democrat party base. If we threatened to drop our support, the Dems would be done. If we threw our support to the GOP they couldn't lose. We hold the most unique position in American politics, we just use zero leverage. In fact, the Dems have us co-signing ? agendas, and their whole SJW platform. Latinos have lobbies putting pressure on both parties for open borders. We should demand the same when it comes to the Drug War, police abuse and a whole host of other issues. We should be electing political leaders looking out for our interests, which isn't being done.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    lol @ wanting segregation, that is so dumb.

? talk about this ? like life was so great during segregation. Like black folks really had things so much better and actually having access to more was a detriment. Was there bad things that happened as a result of segregation? Yes. Nothing is all 100% good...but this mentality that removing segregation, legally, somehow stunted the black community is just stupid.
  • blackrain
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Umar said some real ? recently on the Breakfast Club, black people are the only group that are thought being around your own people is bad and moving amongst whites is a come up.

That's not real ? ..that's stupid ? because the black community ain't the only ones who think that. Asians do as well...folks talk about how latinos think that too.
  • blackrain
    Options

The bold is something many don't want to admit to themselves. THey think simply removing white folks will erase alot of the social problems of the world? Nah. Someone in power will always do what they need to to maintain that power. They ain't just giving it up and being nice to folks to just because. Hell even white folks in power look down on lower class and poor white people. They do just enough to maintain and help push the idea that a "white man on any level is worth more than a black man" to make those idiots keep them in power.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black wallstreet though.

No matter how together black americans get it the ? of the world will always seek to destroy it. It's depressing as ? tbh.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low-key, segregation never left. But it definitely seems like we were more in tune back then. I was just telling someone how its wild how they organized a whole boycott of the bus system back then for over a year with nowhere close to the technology that we have now.
  • blackrain
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Low-key, segregation never left. But it definitely seems like we were more in tune back then. I was just telling someone how its wild how they organized a whole boycott of the bus system back then for over a year with nowhere close to the technology that we have now.

1. It wasn't nationwide so it didn't require as much agreement as people think...
    2. People still overstate about how much agreement people were over that and many other things involving the Civil Rights movement. All black folks weren't all in. Just like today there were plenty of "Nah don't rock the boat" or "Just what the ? will this accomplish" question asking black folks.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »

1. It wasn't nationwide so it didn't require as much agreement as people think...
    2. People still overstate about how much agreement people were over that and many other things involving the Civil Rights movement. All black folks weren't all in. Just like today there were plenty of "Nah don't rock the boat" or "Just what the ? will this accomplish" question asking black folks.
    True, but you still have to respect that they made ? change by making a plan and sticking to it. ? can't even boycott international businesses in our neighborhoods now that don't benefit us, let alone ? that a lot of people in a good-sized city like Montgomery, Alabama uses on a daily basis.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

That ain't even true. Plenty of people from other races try to get close to rich white people when they come up. I'm not really sure why so many people think the best way to help black people is to make up ? to attack black people.

Anyway, I don't think black people would be better off if segregation didn't end. There was more unity back then, so you can make a case for integration setting us back in a way. However, people seem to forget what happened to successful black communities back then. White people could basically destroy good black communities out right and walk away without consequence. Even if blacks were stronger and more unified back then, we still weren't really in a position to build anything that lasted in this country.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

cars ?

cars too.

^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers

and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury ? , the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha

niggaaaaaa

who the hell summoned you?

you always come cartwheeling out just so counter my ? ...

the thread is about something an i see a problem I pointed out. stop being so defensive.

sublimal? nah ? . don't give yourself so much credit.

I call a ? out when needed. I don't sit an wait for certain people.
    an yes...I am proud of my cheap ass sneakers....you still missed the point on that ...while also missing my point in the lavar thread. but all you see is hating? lol. overpriced is overpriced no matter the brand and lets not get back started on lavar.

opposing views are always welcomed by me...I'm always up for a debate...

but you.....seems your only objective is to prove me wrong....sounds suspect but ehh. I don't hate on the ? .

cut the ? bruh.......I just call out ? when I see it

u take weak wristed shots all the time and then play victim whenever someone points it out

then u lift ur skirt like always and try to deflect

the reason me and u disagree is cuz I can't relate to fake balling/flossing type ?

it's either u truly humble and don't give a damn about luxuries............or u a "baller" who money must be too short to really compete, that's why u hating on the next man in a better car than u :joy:

yeah u proud of ur sneakers cuz u a crab type ? proud to wear Nikes.....meanwhile there are plenty of really cheap shoes u could wear instead since u so concerned about ? being overpriced

but don't mind me for pointing out the obvious flaws in ur logic as usual

homotional.

^^deflection as usual

but please share with us all why u chose a pair of Nikes instead of another pair of cheaper shoes since u so concerned about overpriced ? while u also claim to be a "baller" at same the time :joy:

but I get it, the "white man's ice is always colder" to u as another poster said on here

i never said the ice is colder ? .....an you really got me fukked up.

i must explain this last time...the sneakers can pass for boots...2 things in 1...an was cheap. so i bought them. and you can be a baller with out having to spend all your money just because you got it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hating ass ? like @2stepz_ahead are why we can never build our own ? and our kids continue to feel like we need white people.......how stupid/hypocritical would he be to cosign anything but integration

Lavar Ball stepped out there to build something of his own while mofos sat on the sidelines.......and mofos still hated when he was teaching his kids the value of owning their own ? , instead of being owned by somebody else

we don't need to be officially segregated to build our own ? , but it's too many virus ? out here who like to play both sides

they love using the black community for support when ? is hard, but when they feel like they got a lil bit of money or status them same mofos love being surrounded by crackas

you still on lavar...ok lets close this up too.

no one tried the sneaker...so cant say its luxury...hes coming out with an arrogant marketing scheme....nothing humble about it. then priced then up. nahh.....he gets an A for effort but the way hes going about will hurt him in the long run and put too much pressure on his child to be great. he sneaker will sell just to lakers fans an he can make money....

just me...i dont like opportunist type ? no matter the color. he needs to look out for his son first and market the shoe to his abilities agaisnt the pros.

and for all that other ? .....? you must be ? .

cuz you still dont touch all the ? i have ben trying o do here...connecting, networking, motivivation, advising and learning....you like to try to stay on some one thing and that that makes you right. when you dont know what your talking about.

yoiu sounding more like a virus ? ....always coming in here hating with your ? ,

you dont even debate....you first ? is hate.

you over in the dave ramsey thread hating,.

hating on anyone wanting to learn something you may already know.

how about you add to the thread and try to be positive.

and i expect to see your ass all up in any black excellence thread. cheering and support
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's wrong with that?

Allowed?! if its yours you should take it back by force and protect it until you death!
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

What's wrong with that?

Allowed?! if its yours you should take it back by force and protect it until you death!

Didn't mean to say allowed as if we need permission, I meant we should have a right to our own just like anybody else, and even if it gets corrupted, we should still have the right to be corrupted if we so choose....