KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Calm down guys you're entering stan territory smh. *sarcasm*
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    ? really don't like calling anything a classic these days beside Kdot albums it's crazy I mean who was the last person to drop a album deemed a classic beside him to y'all..... This album has had the impact and the quality to garner being a classic no need to fight it it's ok lol

I don't think Damn is a classic either IMO. 4:44 to me is closer to that status. I just don't like throwing around that word whenever a hyped up album come out it doesn't matter who it is to me.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Don't understand why it's an issue why some people feel insecure album is very great . Y'all not even discussing why y'all don't agree. Y'all just discussing the issues some of y'all have with people feeling this way with this album
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Don't understand why it's an issue why some people feel insecure album is very great . Y'all not even discussing why y'all don't agree. Y'all just discussing the issues some of y'all have with people feeling this way with this album

They're just ? ass ? bro.

Don't worry about em
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Albums been out 2 days and people are labeling this a classic album already lol I am loving that new Kendrick album but still I need to give it time before I fully make up my mind on something like that, to each his own tho we all have different opinions for example my favorite album from Jay could be his AG album or the Blueprint and I thik the Black Album is weak as ? but hey that's just me.
  • Preach2Teach
    Options

They're just ? ass ? bro.

Don't worry about em

No we just disagree and have different opinions.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Its just a good album. Y'all acting like Jay broke new ground with the album. ? been making grown man hip-hop for years, y'all OVER hyping this ? cause he did it 47. Jay-Z finally grew out of his second childhood yall, big ? deal.
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    Albums been out 2 days and people are labeling this a classic album already lol I am loving that new Kendrick album but still I need to give it time before I fully make up my mind on something like that, to each his own tho we all have different opinions for example my favorite album from Jay could be his AG album or the Blueprint and I thik the Black Album is weak as ? but hey that's just me.
    And apparently this is also you

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

? yeah that's me and I meant every word, why you trying to derail the thread tho? thought you Jay stans hated when we do that?
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited July 2017
    Options

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

? yeah that's me and I meant every word, why you trying to derail the thread tho? thought you Jay stans hated when we do that?

Nah I'm just trying to see what kinda dude we're dealing with here, calling black album weak.

Maybe that's why u have such ? opinions

Carry on with your day sir.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is a great album I don't think anyone questions that except maybe the weird ass few. My only issue with the album (& it's nitpicking but when Jay has this kind of body of work I say you can do that) is that about half the album still feels like it's the same Jay as MCHG. Filler & ? . The major difference is he's been so personal with this one, & with the way ? is he had to in order for it to get the response it has.

Don't catch feelings over what I said, it's just a small gripe. While it's not as lyrically flawless as a lot of y'all wanna say it is dude put his faults, hopes & gripes on his album so nicely that it don't HAVE TO be him at his best. A lot of rappers don't do that. While he's had flashes of that, this project goes all the way. That's all you can ask from an MC. Plus the production is flawless that's without doubt & matches the mood so vivid. So don't worry about if I say it's a classic. I never once tried to change ya minds that it isnt. Tomorrow or a month from now I'll probably say it is. I ain't quick to jump on the bandwagon like some of y'all.. but I'll probably be there.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? is the only rapper to have a 5 mic album in 3 different decades

Sure, if you're very liberal with the mics I guess. IMO, his only 5 mic albums are RD and Blueprint. And I wouldn't even give Blueprint 5 mics. I just wouldn't argue with someone if they did.

Reasons why I'll call this album​ a classic

1. Timing
    2. Subject matter
    3. Growth
    4. Lyrics actually carrying the song and not the beat
    5. No promo singles
    6. No rap features
    7. Beat selection
    8. Final album
    9. General positive reception
    10. Flow
    11. Unexpected

Can't think of more right now. But honestly ain't nobody as old as Jay dropping anything close to this. Y'all always saying old rappers need to ? and nobody wants to hear them.

Dude is almost 50 years old and flowing his ass off. Not only does the album inspire younger rappers to get on their ? .

It might also inspire the older rappers to get back on their ? . Hip hop is not a young man's game, this proves that.

The majority of that list isn't even really music oriented though. 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11 really shouldn't even be considered when calling an album a classic. I mean if it's a fan classic or a personal classic to you for those reasons, that's cool. But come on, if we are objectively rating the music then only 2, 4, 7, and 10 from your list really matter. 3 is iffy, but I can see that being a reasonable consideration. And 4 probably isn't even true since a lot of the people in here calling the album a classic are doing so because of the production.

Because I really don't have a problem with the album. I think it's a good album, just not a classic. I mean @Busta Carmichael is basically calling the album a classic because of a bunch of stuff that have nothing to do with the music. What does Jay being 50 have to do with anything? Since when was that a consideration for rating an album? To me Jay fans are the least objective fans period. It's like you go out of your way to overrate his stuff. But I guess it ain't really your fault. Jay is a great rapper, but he's a supreme self promoter and marketer, so it's not surprising people buy the hype.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't call anything a classic until many moons have passed and I can go back to the album and it makes me feel the same when I first heard it.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Yea it's a personal classic to me. Every song hit home for what I'm going through right now lol.

I'm not here to change y'all opinion. If y'all think it's wack or ok then it is what it is.

It's a personal classic to me tho.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

@busta carmichael this prechin2teachin dude is out here lickin other dude's ? holes?
  • Ree4er Madness
    Ree4er Madness Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

wtf?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sure, if you're very liberal with the mics I guess. IMO, his only 5 mic albums are RD and Blueprint. And I wouldn't even give Blueprint 5 mics. I just wouldn't argue with someone if they did.

1. Timing
    2. Subject matter
    3. Growth
    5. No promo singles
    6. No rap features
    7. Beat selection
    8. Final album
    10. Flow
    11. Unexpected

Can't think of more right now. But honestly ain't nobody as old as Jay dropping anything close to this. Y'all always saying old rappers need to ? and nobody wants to hear them.

Dude is almost 50 years old and flowing his ass off. Not only does the album inspire younger rappers to get on their ? .

It might also inspire the older rappers to get back on their ? . Hip hop is not a young man's game, this proves that.

The majority of that list isn't even really music oriented though. 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11 really shouldn't even be considered when calling an album a classic. I mean if it's a fan classic or a personal classic to you for those reasons, that's cool. But come on, if we are objectively rating the music then only 2, 4, 7, and 10 from your list really matter. 3 is iffy, but I can see that being a reasonable consideration. And 4 probably isn't even true since a lot of the people in here calling the album a classic are doing so because of the production.

Because I really don't have a problem with the album. I think it's a good album, just not a classic. I mean @Busta Carmichael is basically calling the album a classic because of a bunch of stuff that have nothing to do with the music. What does Jay being 50 have to do with anything? Since when was that a consideration for rating an album? To me Jay fans are the least objective fans period. It's like you go out of your way to overrate his stuff. But I guess it ain't really your fault. Jay is a great rapper, but he's a supreme self promoter and marketer, so it's not surprising people buy the hype.

? knew nothing about how this album would sound. If ? really feel this album is a classic why is that so hard to believe. Everyome expected another mchg and if you look at tje first replies whem this album dropped, everyone was surprised at the direction and sound of this album. I understand seeimg the reactions may come off as hyping it up alot, but this album is that good alot of people and the few that dont like the album or feel its over hyped obviously take issue with this album beimg praised like it is
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @illbot preach2teach tryna holla at you to lick your ? hole
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

@busta carmichael this prechin2teachin dude is out here lickin other dude's ? holes?

Yea bruh smh.

Dude wild nh
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

hlmqyxrjl5kj.jpg

Nah I'm just trying to see what kinda dude we're dealing with here, calling black album weak.

Maybe that's why u have such ? opinions

Carry on with your day sir.

Me wanting to lick Pico's ? hole has nothing to do with my musical taste and the black album just isn't that nice to me I do like some of the tracks on there tho, you pull that ? again and I'm telling illbot.

Lol tell him I'm waiting.
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    I sent that message to a female now gtfoh with your sexual fantasies darth, I am your father.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

1. Timing
    2. Subject matter
    3. Growth
    5. No promo singles
    6. No rap features
    7. Beat selection
    8. Final album
    10. Flow
    11. Unexpected

? knew nothing about how this album would sound. If ? really feel this album is a classic why is that so hard to believe. Everyome expected another mchg and if you look at tje first replies whem this album dropped, everyone was surprised at the direction and sound of this album. I understand seeimg the reactions may come off as hyping it up alot, but this album is that good alot of people and the few that dont like the album or feel its over hyped obviously take issue with this album beimg praised like it is

I don't have a problem with the album being praised. But it's my opinion it's being overrated. I'm a rap fan. I listened to the album and I like it. I just don't think it's classic, and I don't really see how anyone else, objectively speaking, could call it a classic. Then I come on here and see a bunch of people calling it classic and then justifying that claim with a bunch of reasons that don't have anything to do with the music. So he's making grown man music. That's cool, but him making a good grown man album doesn't make it a classic automatically. It just seems like some of you are calling it Classic because you're surprised at how good it is and because it might be Jay's last album (again).