4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see some people saying this is going to be jayz last album, has that been confirmed?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »

Boosie Miss the message behind it lol

“The Story of O.J.,” which was accompanied by a black and white short film, gives a history lesson on the legacy of slavery, while also providing wisdom on achieving the American Dream. One of his most memorable lines, suggests in order to achieve financial growth and stability, people need to stop taking pictures holding money up to their ear. “Y’all out here still takin’ advances, huh? / Me and my ? takin’ real chances, uh / Y’all on the ‘Gram holdin’ money to your ear / There’s a disconnect, we don’t call that money over here,” he raps. But Boosie wasn’t ready to give up on his stacked lifestyle.

During an Instagram Live video feed on Sunday (June 2), Boosie took some time to present the opposing argument to Hov’s recent song. “I got love for JAY-Z, but ya’ll telling me I shouldn’t put stacks in my ear if JAY-Z says it. These Louisiana n***as don’t rock like that,” Boosie said as fan comments continued to pop up on the Insta-live screen. In his hand, the rapper was holding a large stack of dollar bills. “If JAY-Z tell you jump off the Eiffel Tower, you going to jump,” he continued. “JAY-Z don’t run the South! I’m still holding money to my ear.”

Some ? really hate to be helped. SMH @ holding paper money to your ear being a culture
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Dehaven is all on IG riding Hov nh...

Weird.

Link

IC won't link captions but u can see them for yourselves.

Bunch of other photos too

This ? made his account 24 hours ago and got 13 posts already lol... ridin that wave
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Mr 202 wrote: »

Weird.

Link

Plan A didn't work for him so he's on Plan B right now.
    I been a Jayz fan since reasonable doubt,I have been on his side through the beans, dame and currently Kanye beef, he provided opportunities for those guys to be rich forever.
    One thing I will never support him for is his treatment of Jaz o and dehaven.
    I don't care what they did to him, he doesn't have to hang with them, he can just set them up financially especially jaz o.
    It sad to see where he's at financially and where Jaz o is at. "I came in the game on Jaz back"
    This is not about who wronged who,it's about making sure Jaz o is good.he deserves it.

But Jaz-O didn't sign the contract

I get that but how long are we going to count that against him?
    I just wish That someday he will find it in his heart to help put the originator back on.

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weird.

Link

I been a Jayz fan since reasonable doubt,I have been on his side through the beans, dame and currently Kanye beef, he provided opportunities for those guys to be rich forever.
    I don't care what they did to him, he doesn't have to hang with them, he can just set them up financially especially jaz o.
    It sad to see where he's at financially and where Jaz o is at. "I came in the game on Jaz back"
    This is not about who wronged who,it's about making sure Jaz o is good.he deserves it.

Jaz-O put Jay-z on songs and made videos of them when he had a deal. And he wasn't even popping like that. Thats like given your man $20 when you only had 50 to last all month. If it wasn't for Jaz who Jay took his name from, showing him he could get legit money, I doubt he be in the situation he is in now. He gave Jay his first look. And a big look. What ever happened between them, it would be no Jay-Z without Jaz-O. That man should financially stable.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folks claiming anti semitism

How did they get that out of what was said?

Might be that line about jewish people owning everything om tje story of oj. Its a reach

Of course but it's not anti Semetic at all
    The song plays on stereotypes to drive a point.
    They didn't play it to understand just to hear.

I remember the same white folks were calling TPAB "racist". Like how in the hell did they even come to that conclusion?
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Havnt seen Jay Live before. Hope he tours... I won't miss it next time he here.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if Jay Z is just riding another wave now that conscious rap is going platinum with J Cole and Kendrick? If trap was doing them numbers would this album sound like it does?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if Jay Z is just riding another wave now that conscious rap is going platinum with J Cole and Kendrick? If trap was doing them numbers would this album sound like it does?

You finna get flagged, nosign, wacked, etc.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hov just moved up on my top 5.

Rakim
    Nas
    Pac
    Hov
    Cube

Big
    Thought
    Gfk
    Dmx
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weird.

Link

Jaz-O put Jay-z on songs and made videos of them when he had a deal. And he wasn't even popping like that. Thats like given your man $20 when you only had 50 to last all month. If it wasn't for Jaz who Jay took his name from, showing him he could get legit money, I doubt he be in the situation he is in now. He gave Jay his first look. And a big look. What ever happened between them, it would be no Jay-Z without Jaz-O. That man should financially stable.

Thanks for pointing those out. I didn't really want to point out things Jaz O to help jay which actually helped jay to become the jay he is today
    Jaz O produced Ain't no ? , which was the song that opened the industry doors for Jay.Jaz took jay with him to London on Jaz Os album budget when he was recording his first album,Jaz did a lot for jay. Jay was doing his thing in the streets, Jaz was the guy that pulled him from the streets to the rap game."I came in the game on Jaz back" that was jay in jigga my ? .
    Like you said Jaz O should be taken good care of financially.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah just you cause you being a hoe ass ? with weak attempts at trolling dickeater.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is, but he's made a career off it, so no reason to hate at this point.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Man I loved that metaphor that Trevor Noah used.
  • metal face terrorist
    Options

Nah just you cause you being a hoe ass ? with weak attempts at trolling dickeater.

Lol, ? I sent you the link to download the album. You crying like a little hoe now.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Vol. 1
    Reasonable Doubt
    The Black Album
    The Blueprint
    4:44

This is pretty much my list
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So what happened when trap was selling?
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? mad at other ? for calling an album a classic prematurely but don't see how how hypocritical it is to call the same album overrated in the same short time....... Lol
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    family feud best song on the album gahdamn its been on repeat all day
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol, ? I sent you the link to download the album. You crying like a little hoe now.

Your point is? You in here mad cause ? like the and 6 other ? sent a link. Hoe ass ?
  • metal face terrorist
    Options
    ? mad at other ? for calling an album a classic prematurely but don't see how how hypocritical it is to call the same album overrated in the same short time....... Lol

This makes no ? sense.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Just riding another wave"....conscious rap is the only wave out?
  • metal face terrorist
    edited July 2017
    Options

Your point is? You in here mad cause ? like the and 6 other ? sent a link. Hoe ass ?

? the album is a 4/5 imo. Thats a good album. Imo is not a classic. If you disagree don't be a groupie about it. Nobody in this thread said it was wack, I never said it was wack. I never said Jay was wack. ? just said pump ya brakes on the classic talk and you ? got in ya feels with ya ? monologues.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay is not jaz daddy..