2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol you don't think Roberson is a solid defender?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huge L for OKC u mean, Roberson "solid" defense don't make up for his trash everything else, gave his ass 5 mill a year too much

He played damn good defense in the playoffs and he can hold multiple positions
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Huge L for OKC u mean, Roberson "solid" defense don't make up for his trash everything else, gave his ass 5 mill a year too much

He played damn good defense in the playoffs and he can hold multiple positions

But he s a ? liability
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes, I'm saying it's solid/pretty good, not elite like ? like to act, if that's the case, throw my boy Tony Allen 40 mill
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Jae Crowder has his bags packed..,.

I break news, what can I say
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Great assets but watch we don't get ? for em

Top 10 pick
    Top 18 pick
    Top 20 pick
    Who knows
    Possibly top 25 pick could be lower depending on the Cavs' future
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jayson Tatum f*cking ? up tho
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Gilbert low-balled the hell out of Big Shot Billups
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no pre injury nba nerlens, he came in injured, he stay healthy he should help some team out
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    The Cleveland Cavaliers offered former NBA All-Star Chauncey Billups what is viewed in NBA circles as a below-market salary of $2 million annually for the role of serving as general manager, league sources told ESPN.

According to sources, the team's initial offer was $1.5 million. League sources told ESPN that $4 million is typically the starting point of what an individual in that role should earn. Sources maintain financial compensation wasn't the only factor as to why the 40-year-old Billups turned down the job on Monday after weeks of deliberation, but it played a part.

Cleveland is known for its unwillingness to pay top dollar for front-office leadership.

Los Angeles Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka had no prior front-office experience, and he is believed to be making $5 million annually.

It's just the title billups will have. You know LeBron be doing all the work. Chauncey just gotta file the paperwork
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    The Pelicans trying to strike gold bringing in Darius Miller from Germany. Didn't even know they had a league.

was watching some youtube of his games

extremely limited sample size but one thing that is noticeable off the bat is his confidence. Good news is, he wont be expected to take those shots if he sticks with the pels, but he needs to shoot when open and hit at a consistent rate. I think the defense will be good enough that he dont have to be all world on that end, but the problem that plagued him and got him out the league was he just wouldnt shoot. Not that he couldnt, he just wouldnt.

they was saying he was shooting like 41% or something from 3, but using the fiba 3pt line, but in these clips, he is shooting NBA range 3s

but, like i say, take from this what you will...

https://youtu.be/Gtf7tefp8vY

• AP21
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    The Pelicans trying to strike gold bringing in Darius Miller from Germany. Didn't even know they had a league.

was watching some youtube of his games

extremely limited sample size but one thing that is noticeable off the bat is his confidence. Good news is, he wont be expected to take those shots if he sticks with the pels, but he needs to shoot when open and hit at a consistent rate. I think the defense will be good enough that he dont have to be all world on that end, but the problem that plagued him and got him out the league was he just wouldnt shoot. Not that he couldnt, he just wouldnt.

they was saying he was shooting like 41% or something from 3, but using the fiba 3pt line, but in these clips, he is shooting NBA range 3s

but, like i say, take from this what you will...

https://youtu.be/Gtf7tefp8vY

a couple of other takeaways is look how he moves without the ball coming off screens and look how he catches and shoots with no hesitation. VERY important things that were missing from his game when he last played over here.
  • AP21
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Poor guy is going to do all this film study only for his team to end up signing Rodney Stuckey.

dont do this fam

i got time today
  • AP21
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    11th men getting basketball breakdowns

thats not whats happening, but ok
  • Beta
    Options
    Why is there a summer league game on this early?

• Beta
    Options
    Dan gilbert tried to give billups the vets minimum
  • AP21
    Options
    slow day i suppose

dude did some concept nike jerseys

pretty sure Nike is just gonna keep it basic af but some of these are flames...i mess with the wizards ones

http://www.iambrianbegley.com/projects/nba-nike-uniform-concepts/