National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Army Reserve?

Options

Comments

• b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The one that has the most perks, pays the best, less chance of seeing battle, and transitions over to civilian life after service is done is the way to go...
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Considering all three right now. Nothing else is working. Currently a senior in college but can't finish because ? is too expensive in Atlanta and I'm 28k in loans. Current GPA is 3.7. current major is Management Information Systems. Job experience heavy in data entry, admin and operations support, as well as business development. Does anyone has advice that would be the best choice? I would like to make a decision by August.

Thanks IC

BRUH, WILL ALL THAT YOU HAVE GOING ON FOR YOURSELF, THE RESERVES AINT GONE HELP... U CAN GO ACTIVE, BUT I KNOW U DONT WANNA DO THAT

How it's not going to help?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    Air force reserve, or navy reserve. @silverfoxx
    Never join anything army or marine related unless you are trying to go to the middle east.

I am in the navy reserve and I have been to Kuwait, Germany, Hawaii, Florida, California, the whole northeast, and other parts of Georgia on the Navy dime.

I could have went to other places but I have a family.

Answer this for me.
    What are your short term and long term goals for your career?

I'ma be completely honest with you my new Orleans fam, I'm open minded. I've made alot of goals in my life, almost none of them has gone how I wanted them to go. As far as MIS, ? is strictly for financial gain, traveling, and helping people. My passion involves in none of this ? , so I'm practically open minded to working in a position where I'm making a difference, and getting paid comfortable for it. I ain't no macho ass American, I'm strictly in because life is a game of finesse. I wanna get in, and get out and have a more competitive resume and work opportunities

So If you score high enough on the ASVAB you can get a job in Intelligence. Most if not all the people I know that is in that field have job making 70-90, 000 a year after doing 6 good years.

I currently pushing to my sailors to this route. The ARMY, Air Force and Navy all have this type of jobs but the Air Force and Navy have the better track record of having cushy jobs.

The Air Force is the hardest to get in but the best afterwards. They take care of their people. PERIOD!
    As I stated earlier, I have traveled the world with the Navy.

Let me know if you are serious and I will get you some info to make a decision. It is alot to consider.

Really appreciate it.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    The one that has the most perks, pays the best, less chance of seeing battle, and transitions over to civilian life after service is done is the way to go...

Which is?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? screaming they hate Trump yet you thinking about joining his military.
    23042813542_2c0f4304b9_o.gif

I don't know if you said you hate Trump either so don't really take that part personal
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I don't know if you said you hate Trump either so don't really take that part personal

? tired of being broke bruh
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I understand that but the military just shouldn't be an option. Thats just my opinion.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

I understand that but the military just shouldn't be an option. Thats just my opinion.

Aite , so what's a better option? You see where I'm at in my op post. If that ? is not working for me, then what's next? Keep in mind I do not want to do military at all. From my music, to school, to job security I refuse to not be ? .
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Aite , so what's a better option? You see where I'm at in my op post. If that ? is not working for me, then what's next? Keep in mind I do not want to do military at all. From my music, to school, to job security I refuse to not be ? .

Start your own ? with whatever skills you have in any area. Apply for damn near anything and while working that job work on getting the position/job you want.

Just because a person doesn't have a job doesn't mean they ain't ? . The ain't ? part comes in when the person stops trying.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Start your own ? with whatever skills you have in any area. Apply for damn near anything and while working that job work on getting the position/job you want.

Just because a person doesn't have a job doesn't mean they ain't ? . The ain't ? part comes in when the person stops trying.

U need money to start his ? . We black w hite folk with family money can just strat they own ? . I'd say join any of those reserves with a 7 year plan. Join rotc. Get that rank all the college stuff paid for so he ain't got no debt. Get what ever degree or security clearance and dip when it's time to reenlist... or just do that 20 years and dip. It's just the reserves... dem benefits for his fam are worth it.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering all three right now. Nothing else is working. Currently a senior in college but can't finish because ? is too expensive in Atlanta and I'm 28k in loans. Current GPA is 3.7. current major is Management Information Systems. Job experience heavy in data entry, admin and operations support, as well as business development. Does anyone has advice that would be the best choice? I would like to make a decision by August.

Thanks IC

Alot of avaible slots for cyberwarfare is opening up in Army. If you want to get your master deff suggest you do ROTC. The only downside is that you would be coming in late and you have to compete for that position.

My major is economics with a minor in accounting current GPA of 3.6. I can tell you right now I have literally not spent a single dime of my own personal money on tuition, books, or school supplies in general. Then all of the additional benefits on top from medical to mortgages and financing. It's worth it and tell every ? who ask me as a black man I have never worked for a business that has treated me with respect and actual concern as the army.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

U need money to start his ? . We black w hite folk with family money can just strat they own ? . I'd say join any of those reserves with a 7 year plan. Join rotc. Get that rank all the college stuff paid for so he ain't got no debt. Get what ever degree or security clearance and dip when it's time to reenlist... or just do that 20 years and dip. It's just the reserves... dem benefits for his fam are worth it.

That ? is excuses my ? .
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, man
    Just start your own business and everything will workout!
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Yeah, man

Nothing wrong with trying if it works great if it don't then try something else.

Yall ? with the lil fake sly ? comments on this board is crazy
  • a.mann
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Yeah, man

Nothing wrong with trying if it works great if it don't then try something else.

Yall ? with the lil fake sly ? comments on this board is crazy

Nothing wrong with being optimistic and putting your mind to purpose

Yall ? on this board so negative and pessimistic fro m losing all the time
    when you see a cheerful ? makin' you it, you start hatin' and commentin' and ?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna Go Ahead And Re-Use This

c1f1442382fb1dd775ad9435f27abaa5--good-movies-america-.jpg

• a.mann
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Seriously tho

I can't make you no guarantees,but if you have a valid passport, I can point you in the right direction

• silverfoxx
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Gonna Go Ahead And Re-Use This

c1f1442382fb1dd775ad9435f27abaa5--good-movies-america-.jpg

Aite, so what's next? I seen this post 1000 times, I'm politically aware enough to know the ? what's going on, but at the end of the day, I'm broke AF. Can't start my own business out of thin air, believe me I would if I could lol.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

That ? is excuses my ? .

no it isnt.. lets say homie is betwen 17 and 24 years old. Did u have 10-40 k just in ur bank account to risk on stgarting ur own ? ? if u did u were blesed and are the exception not the rule homie. It takes money to make money
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try Comcast, we big in ATL. Free cable/internet/phone. Great benefits. They give you a truck, to drive to work and back home. 401k matched 100% up to 6%. Been there 12 years, since I was 20. Started off at $11/hr, pulled over $90k last year. They got service tech positions open in Marietta, Flintstone, Roswell, they sales ? be popping too.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Try Comcast, we big in ATL. Free cable/internet/phone. Great benefits. They give you a truck, to drive to work and back home. 401k matched 100% up to 6%. Been there 12 years, since I was 20. Started off at $11/hr, pulled over $90k last year. They got service tech positions open in Marietta, Flintstone, Roswell, they sales ? be popping too.

When i was working fo DishNetwork i would run into Comcast cats all the time. Them mafuckas was always mad they had to do about 6 houses a day to get any real money. Meanwhile at Dishnetwork you can do 2 or 3 houses and you good lol. A few liked the job alot hated the job.

There is a high ass turnover rate in cable/internet industry cuz those jobs aint fun. But if you good at doing that job, making > $70,000 is easy and you dont need prior experience cuz they teach you how to do the ? .

But i hated that ? job dealing with ? people crying about cable. I came close to knocking the ? out of a couple of home owners. That cable/internet work aint fo everyone though.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you been putting in applications? You should be able to get a job easily.

Have you ever been/lived in Atlanta?

You got a whip yet bro? Have you found a job?

I live in va and know if you ain't got a car you probably ain't got no job....

Maybe that could be slowing up your progress I know you been in this situation for a lil minute

Is it that bad down there?? I kinda want to move down there but if it's like that, I may reconsider further south
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Air force...get paid to be smart...
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Air Force all day

If youre in MIS get your SQL game on point along with some scripting (php, python, ruby) and you can start with at least 20+...In retail IT thats where the money is, location might be ur biggest obstacle

I got an MIS degree so illl cosign this.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You still a undergrad?