What would you do if a white guy asks you to give him this haircut?

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shop owner a cornball and gives a pretty ? cut.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://kfor.com/2017/07/03/oklahoma-city-barber-shop-responds-after-photo-of-confederate-flag-haircut-goes-viral/
    Oklahoma City barber shop responds after photo of Confederate flag haircut goes viral

OKLAHOMA CITY – A haircut by a popular Oklahoma City barber shop has ignited a firestorm on social media.

Employees at Fade N Up said a white customer requested a Confederate flag be shaved into his head by a black barber, and the barbershop posted the photo on social media.

The photo created the firestorm on Facebook with many condemning the customer and the shop.

However, the shop's owner said the picture doesn't tell the whole story.

“I was thinking it was some racist-type stuff but, as he sat down and I was doing it and he was talking to me the whole time, and he explained to me why he was doing it, like, he was a really cool guy and I didn't feel like he was racist at all,” said Demontre Heard, a barber at Fade N Up.

Heard said the man wanted the flag for a reason.

“When he came in, he explained to me that it was because of his favorite rapper,” he said.

Heard said it’s a haircut other barbers in his shoes may not have handled so well but said this shop is different.

“If you're white, Asian, Mexican, Black, Puerto Rican, whatever, you sit in my chair and I cut your hair, I hope I leave you with the best haircut you get and I hope that you come back,” Heard said.

The owner of the shop, Corey Sutter, or 'Scissorhands,' said his place is an open door and he doesn’t get caught up in politics.

“When they came in, we kind of thought it was odd,” said Sutter, who posted the photo online. “You know, like really? But like, with me and my barber crew, we're so far past racism. We know it exists, but we don't pay it no attention because, once you start paying attention to the problem, it's like they won.”

On social media, reactions were endless. Many people condemned his shop for allowing the haircut.

“The thing that's really bothering me is, no matter how it may look to someone and them getting upset about it, this is what we do for a living,” Sutter said. “We provide a service for this person, and that's what we're supposed to do. Yeah, we could have denied it. Yes, we could have acted a fool and talked bad to him, tried to fight him or anything like that. But, he came in, he came in respectful. He wanted it.”

Barber Bo Fields, who is white, stands behind his coworker’s decision.

“I'm proud because, I mean, it's a business, and he knew where to come to get what he wanted, and that's what we do here and we all have families, we all have bills and I support him,” Fields said.

Even customers showed their support.

“We have to be positive about the situation,” said Keith Neals. “We can't throw fuel into the fire, and that's just going to add what's going on to the world today. So, it's a beautiful thing that these guys are doing what they're doing.”

cugi5jjzsffq.gif

Damn that Barbershop is the land of the lost..

Anybody thats says i dont get caught up in politics.. in other words are dismissive of "politics" is an idiot not even worth the time to talk to.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..
    still bein called boy.. handed they change on the counter..

and now this ? !!?!

truth be told I don't know why any Black person still lives anywhere in the south.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them stars look like lucky charm marshmallows
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shave a big ? on the back of his head.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

truth be told I don't know why any Black person still lives anywhere in the south.

u and me both myG..
    i couldnt do it..

i got family in TX and TN they so conditioned..
    every family reunion they look at me like im the devil! hahaha
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

u and me both myG..
    i couldnt do it..

Lmao ? reminds me of my man that went through the south on his way here and said he was disgusted because ? in Kentucky act like they don't know that they can sit in the front of the bus now smh. But its crazy, because Kentucky's only about an hour from where I'm at and we don't be on that here lol.
  • So ILL
    Options
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

I'm from the south but i'm Haitian, and we have more respect for our blackness and proud of it

My parents aint grow up in racial tension but there was poverty. They aint experience racism until they came to the states. ? need to have more respect of self.

As soon as this mayonnaise eating mafucka came into the shop fo that request he should of got his ass whooped or gave his ass some ? like

Screen+Shot+2013-11-23+at+9.13.53+AM.png

then charge his ass $100. That's what i would have done.
    Charge him $11,000 and show him the heat like they did to Dave Chappelle lol.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    um
    So ILL wrote: »
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

u and me both myG..
    i couldnt do it..

Lmao ? reminds me of my man that went through the south on his way here and said he was disgusted because ? in Kentucky act like they don't know that they can sit in the front of the bus now smh. But its crazy, because Kentucky's only about an hour from where I'm at and we don't be on that here lol.
    What part of ky your dude come thru??? I been in ky all my life and i aint ever seen a ? act like that

• konceptjones
    edited July 2017
    Options
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

u and me both myG..
    i couldnt do it..

I can't do it. I got a shitload of family in TX, can't see myself ever living there. When I was a lot younger I almost moved to Dallas 'cause my uncle told me there was a lot of jobs out there, but then I looked at the jobs he could get and I'm like "the best we gettin out there is a hi-lo driver??? Nah b, I'm good."

Cats can't get surprised at racist ? going on in an area that fought to keep us as slaves.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of non business owners in here

• b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't know what I would do. If he refuses service is that breaking the law?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't know what I would do. If he refuses service is that breaking the law?

"we have the right to refuse service to anyone."
  • konceptjones
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    a lot of non business owners in here

I own a business. If one of my clients came to me asking to help him set up infrastructure for a whites-only social network I'd tell him to kick rocks. Money ain't worth it.
  • So ILL
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    um
    So ILL wrote: »
    4dd.gif

i tell u man..

smmfh, ? in the south..

and now this ? !!?!

u and me both myG..
    i couldnt do it..

What part of ky your dude come thru??? I been in ky all my life and i aint ever seen a ? act like that
    He said he went through Murray.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just so we're clear here - Do any of you actually believe that Yelawolf is a Racist?
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

"we have the right to refuse service to anyone."

I asked because of all the folks that got in trouble for refusing to make cakes and stuff for the ? . If it's legal to refuse then I would have refused
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tHE ? IS GETTING SIGN OF HATE ON HIS HEAD ARE YOU ? KIDDING ME.

also they are bout to start discriminating under the guise of religious freedom.. much like those idiots who wouldnt make a cake for some ? couple.. but thats gonna get even more ridiculous
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    Just so we're clear here - Do any of you actually believe that Yelawolf is a Racist?

Yup ? em
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

also they are bout to start discriminating under the guise of religious freedom.. much like those idiots who wouldnt make a cake for some ? couple.. but thats gonna get even more ridiculous

no im not kidding you. getting sued and losing ur business is something to think about. my first thought is that. I am not losing my business because some racist sat at home and came up with this plan. I might perform the service so he can't say I denied him because of race or tried to take away his freedom of speech. save my business first. the barber admits to doing black power fist in people hair so technically if he says no that's discrimination. if he has done a Puerto rican flag or a Jamaican flag in someone's hair he cant deny this dude. u have to apply the rules across the board. that is what I thought but apparently im wrong.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no im not kidding you. getting sued and losing ur business is something to think about. my first thought is that. I am not losing my business because some racist sat at home and came up with this plan. I might perform the service so he can't say I denied him because of race or tried to take away his freedom of speech. save my business first. the barber admits to doing black power fist in people hair so technically if he says no that's discrimination. if he has done a Puerto rican flag or a Jamaican flag in someone's hair he cant deny this dude. u have to apply the rules across the board. that is what I thought but apparently im wrong.

He could have just ? the cut up. Getting a haircut does not constitute as freedom of speech. Walmart refused to make a cake with the name Adolf ? on it for some crackas kid named after him. This barber can refuse to do that cut. Denying him would not be because of his race. Barbers can refuse anyone if they deem them inappropriate.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Say yes and then shave Black Power into his head and maybe an outline of Africa