The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seen Logan last night. Movie was better than all the movies Fox made combined. They do better with R rated movies. Those X-Men movies really suck.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.movies.com/movie-news/marvel-buzz-39spider-man39-sequel-timeline-revealed-six-mystery-39x-men39-movies-scheduled-through-2021/22813

Fox Schedules Six More Unknown X-Men Universe Movies

While not part of the MCU, the Marvel Comics-based X-Men franchise is starting to rival its spiritual cousin as a hugely successful cinematic universe, with audiences and critics. Therefore, we can anticipate a lot more mutants in mainline series sequels and spin-offs starring other popular characters, like Deadpool. Fox, the studio behind this growing megafranchise, has just announced release dates for six more features. We don't know what they are, but here's how the X-Universe is looking through 2021:

April 13, 2018: New Mutants (now costarring Alice Braga in place of exiting Rosario Dawson)

June 1, 2018: Deadpool 2

November 2, 2018: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

February 14, 2019: TBA

June 7, 2019: TBA

November 22, 2019: TBA

March 13, 2020: TBA

June 26, 2020: TBA

October 2, 2020: TBA

March 5, 2021: TBA

We can assume at least one of those is another Deadpool sequel, and maybe that long-delayed Gambit movie will finally happen. Could we see a Stark-sisters reunion through this franchise with X-Men's Sophie Turner and New Mutants' Maisie Williams eventually meeting? Could we be seeing a new Wolverine make his debut in one of these, or could fans possibly go the next four years without their favorite razor-clawed X-Man?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, 3 films in 2020. Fox has something up their sleeve. We'll see how that works out for them though.

Wonder where x force will land and I wonder how many will be rated r
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELP, R.I.P X - MEN. My favorites and one of the originals. The comics/cartoons that really got me into marvel and just comics in general. You will be missed, ? YOU FOX!!!!!!!!!!! ? just hating on the upcoming infinity war saga. I'm gonna start a petition.

Now I see why marvel is killing off the x-men smh. They refuse to speak on no x - men in the new marvel vs capcom game. Whatever deal they were trying to close must have failed with fox. They did speak on the fantastic 4 though, so I think we getting them back at least. Lord have mercy has fox ? them over!!!! One of the OG and greatest characters/story lines in the marvel universe. The first family, doctor doom, galactus, silver surfer, etc etc.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone going to watch The Gifted (The X-Men) TV show?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I'll give it a couple episodes. Not expecting much though
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Singer is doing the pilot so I might skip that episode but I'll give the show a chance overall. If it's even half as good as Legion then I'm good.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Channing tatum said he is officially working on gambit
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

About 10 years too late
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Channing Potato always talking about Gambit. He's worse than Ryan Reynolds before Deadpool was finally made. Save that talk for when the project actually locks down a director and keeps them.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Fox is making a movie on doctor doom
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Frog guy getting a movie too?
  • Broddie
    Options

I'd like to see Alexander Skarsgard get it, he's not done great at the B.O. so far but his previous roles in Generation ? and True Blood show he can play a pragmatic leader as well as a charismatic but brutal authoritarian, he's got the imposing height and build, he can speak in different languages and dialects convincingly... I think there is potential there.

I always wanted to see Mark Strong in that role in an FF film. Or at least someone in his age range.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'd like to see Alexander Skarsgard get it, he's not done great at the B.O. so far but his previous roles in Generation ? and True Blood show he can play a pragmatic leader as well as a charismatic but brutal authoritarian, he's got the imposing height and build, he can speak in different languages and dialects convincingly... I think there is potential there.

I'm just farted on my tablet that's how much I hate Fox's grip on marvel properties. They will ? this one up also just like they've done it the fantastic four.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Rumor sites are saying dude who plays legion in the tv show might be involved in the dr. Doom movie.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm just farted on my tablet that's how much I hate Fox's grip on marvel properties. They will ? this one up also just like they've done it the fantastic four.

? gross
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Keep that ? to yourself
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude you need help
  • black caesar
    Options
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix Director & Returning Cast Confirmed

The X-Men movies have officially found the director who will take the franchise cosmic.

Simon Kinberg is officially confirmed to direct X-Men: Dark Phoenix for 20th Century Fox. Kinberg has been a writer and/or producer on several X-Men movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Logan, as well as upcoming films New Mutants and Deadpool 2. This will be his directorial debut.

Fox also confirmed that the stars of X-Men: Apocalypse will return for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. This includes Jennifer Lawrence as Raven/Mystique, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto, James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/Professor X, Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast, Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers/Cyclops, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler.

Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the role of Lilandra, Majestrix of the Shi'ar Empire, one of the major political and military powers of the Marvel universe.

Kinberg was previously rumored to be making his directorial debut on X-Men: Dark Phoenix, though when asked about the matter at the time he would only say such rumors were premature. Kinberg is taking over for Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) and the most recent two X-Men movies (X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse). Singer is stepping away from the franchise to pursue other films.

The matter of Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult's returns was up in the air following X-Men: Apocalypse. Each actor's three-film contract was up with the completion of the trilogy begun in X-Men: First Class and Lawrence, in particular, had been vocal about her desire to leave the franchise. It seems all four have renegotiated to return, though the terms of their new deals remain unknown.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix currently has a 3.72 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating. Let us know how excited you are for X-Men: Dark Phoenix by giving the film your own user anticipation rating below.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be a direct sequel to X-Men: Apocalypse. The film will take place in the 1990s and will be inspired by "The Dark Phoenix Saga," the most popular X-Men story of all time.

Fox attempted to adapt "The Dark Phoenix Saga" once previously, in X-Men: The Last Stand. The attempt was not well-received by fans.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/14/x-men-dark-phoenix-simon-kinberg-cast/

As long as the X-Men don't travel to space, I'm good. They need to take a page from Ultimate X-Men and make the Shiar a cult instead of an army from space.
  • black caesar
    Options

He ain't got the juice like that.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The X-Men movies have officially found the director who will take the franchise cosmic.

Simon Kinberg is officially confirmed to direct X-Men: Dark Phoenix for 20th Century Fox. Kinberg has been a writer and/or producer on several X-Men movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Logan, as well as upcoming films New Mutants and Deadpool 2. This will be his directorial debut.

Fox also confirmed that the stars of X-Men: Apocalypse will return for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. This includes Jennifer Lawrence as Raven/Mystique, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto, James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/Professor X, Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast, Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers/Cyclops, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler.

Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the role of Lilandra, Majestrix of the Shi'ar Empire, one of the major political and military powers of the Marvel universe.

Kinberg was previously rumored to be making his directorial debut on X-Men: Dark Phoenix, though when asked about the matter at the time he would only say such rumors were premature. Kinberg is taking over for Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) and the most recent two X-Men movies (X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse). Singer is stepping away from the franchise to pursue other films.

The matter of Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult's returns was up in the air following X-Men: Apocalypse. Each actor's three-film contract was up with the completion of the trilogy begun in X-Men: First Class and Lawrence, in particular, had been vocal about her desire to leave the franchise. It seems all four have renegotiated to return, though the terms of their new deals remain unknown.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix currently has a 3.72 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating. Let us know how excited you are for X-Men: Dark Phoenix by giving the film your own user anticipation rating below.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be a direct sequel to X-Men: Apocalypse. The film will take place in the 1990s and will be inspired by "The Dark Phoenix Saga," the most popular X-Men story of all time.

Fox attempted to adapt "The Dark Phoenix Saga" once previously, in X-Men: The Last Stand. The attempt was not well-received by fans.

As long as the X-Men don't travel to space, I'm good. They need to take a page from Ultimate X-Men and make the Shiar a cult instead of an army from space.

That be boring then
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes.

No more alien army invasions. That is unbelievably played out.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they really dropped the ball. Deadpool is all fox has now.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They JUST said it will be cosmic
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    How the ? can it not be? Dark Phoenix Saga takes place in SPACE!

We need the Starjammers introduced in this movie. Now that James Marsden won't play Cyclops anymore maybe he can play Corsair (Cyke and Havok's dad).