What is the most significant song of Lil Wayne's career?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in The Reason
I'm not talking about most successful in terms of sales specifically, but what was his most career defining moment in music?

A Milli is an option because of how huge of in impact it had in rap. I have never seen more rappers freestyle over than instrumental than this one in the history of Hip Hop. It highlighted the respect that industry and the culture had for Wayne.

Lollipop had a similar effect, but from a commercial standpoint. It propelled Wayne as a superstar pop culture icon. There are very few rap songs to date that has the mainstream success of Lollipop. It also, to many, marked the beginning of Wayne's artistic decline into autotune mediocrity that many of those whom were influenced by would find themselves in. This was "Weezy"

The Block is Hot was his first single and what most refer to as "Vintage Wayne". No gimmicks. Just a young dreaded rapper from New Orleans with all the potential in the world.

Back That Azz Up was definable for Wayne, to this very day, as he came on the tail end of the song (and mainstream relevance) of his Cash Money predecessors. What "wobbildy Wobbildy drop it like it's hot" did to clubs for over a decade cannot be understated. And to those who demand lyricism from rappers, this would be an ever-haunting challenge to Wayne to be more of a lyricist than his simplistic catchy finale on Juvenile's smash hit would suggest.

What is the most significant song of Lil Wayne's career? 25 votes

Back That Azz Up (Juvenile)
20%
sapp08_2001soul rattlerjmolSoloman_The_WiseGo figure 5 votes
The Block is Hot
16%
TheBoyRonatural born sinnersThereal_baQiv_Owan 4 votes
Lollipop
28%
youngnickanduinDarthRozaygman8232DaysOfInfinitiThe RecipeLouis Devinear 7 votes
A Milli
4%
silverfoxx 1 vote
Other
32%
robblr86HustleThaDonspit_fiya_Menace_BetaCashmoneyDuxmatt maneAP21 8 votes

Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Poll options are iffy

AF
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Georgia Bush has to be up there.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    There is an other option... but I'm not asking what his best song was lyrically. I'm asking, as the general consensus of Wayne is in the 19 years he's been rapping, what song has defined his career the most?
    ? dont even have fireman on it
    In what world is Fireman more impactful on Wayne's career than A Millie or Lollipop?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fireman regained commercial respect for him but lollipop had him crossover to pop stardom
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Other
    There is an other option... but I'm not asking what his best song was lyrically. I'm asking, as the general consensus of Wayne is in the 19 years he's been rapping, what song has defined his career the most?
    In what world is Fireman more impactful on Wayne's career than A Millie or Lollipop?

? I know what the thread is asking lol and a thread where other is the best poll option sucks

You could even throw his overrated we takin over verse to this also as to what it did
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Back that Azz up got him popping regionally. Fireman came during his mixtape run as a mainstream single that tied him as a top tier mainstream rapper coast to coast. If Back that Azz up was such a big song for wayne commercially Carter 1 would have been his Carter 3 as far as it's first week sales. On the contrary the steam from Fireman and even the final hits of Carter 1 pushed wayne to the top of the commerical game.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    A Milli is an option because of how huge of in impact it had in rap. I have never seen more rappers freestyle over than instrumental than this one in the history of Hip Hop. It highlighted the respect that industry and the culture had for Wayne.

Lollipop had a similar effect, but from a commercial standpoint. It propelled Wayne as a superstar pop culture icon. There are very few rap songs to date that has the mainstream success of Lollipop. It also, to many, marked the beginning of Wayne's artistic decline into autotune mediocrity that many of those whom were influenced by would find themselves in. This was "Weezy"

The Block is Hot was his first single and what most refer to as "Vintage Wayne". No gimmicks. Just a young dreaded rapper from New Orleans with all the potential in the world.

Back That Azz Up was definable for Wayne, to this very day, as he came on the tail end of the song (and mainstream relevance) of his Cash Money predecessors. What "wobbildy Wobbildy drop it like it's hot" did to clubs for over a decade cannot be understated. And to those who demand lyricism from rappers, this would be an ever-haunting challenge to Wayne to be more of a lyricist than his simplistic catchy finale on Juvenile's smash hit would suggest.
  • Beta
    Options
    Other
    Back that ass up? Hit the showers kiddo....

Thats what he picked too as the most significant song of wayne's career
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Terrible options. Personal favorite is his Dear Summer freestyle
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Georgia Bush has to be up there.

Why?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    robblr86 wrote: »

I'm not asking what your favorite Wayne song or verse is.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Fireman regained commercial respect for him but lollipop had him crossover to pop stardom

Now we getting somewhere.

When did he lose respect prior to Fireman?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lollipop
    robblr86 wrote: »

it's not about favorite songs tho. it's about what song was most significant in his career.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No fireman/c2 was his ny crossover that's why they rock wit it heavy… c1 was his east coast cross over…
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Lollipop
    Lollipop was his crossover hit
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Lollipop
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Lollipop was his crossover hit

RIP Static Major
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Lollipop

No fireman/c2 was his ny crossover that's why they rock wit it heavy… c1 was his east coast cross over…

You clearly don't know what crossover means. You can't have a "NY crossover" and a "east coast cross over". You either have a crossover hit or you don't
  • soul rattler
    Options

? I know what the thread is asking lol and a thread where other is the best poll option sucks

You could even throw his overrated we takin over verse to this also as to what it did

Obviously you don't. Monizzle out here arguing your point better than you.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Back that Azz up got him popping regionally. Fireman came during his mixtape run as a mainstream single that tied him as a top tier mainstream rapper coast to coast. If Back that Azz up was such a big song for wayne commercially Carter 1 would have been his Carter 3 as far as it's first week sales. On the contrary the steam from Fireman and even the final hits of Carter 1 pushed wayne to the top of the commerical game.

I'm not arguing that Back That Azz Up was "big" for Wayne commercially. I'm saying it encapsulates his career with Cash Money and what he's capable even with his most minimal effort.
  • Beta
    Options
    Other

Obviously you don't. Monizzle out here arguing your point better than you.

I really dont care though to even argue anything. I'm just here to tell you your poll sucks that's all.