The Anti-Defamation League Accuses JAY-Z Of Using Negative Stereotypes …

Options

Comments

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is it a stereotype if it's true, though?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Never mind the Jewish execs (Lyor cohen, moskawitz, Lucian grainge? Doug Morris?) marketing raps coonery though
    Anyone w/ an 8th grade education knows he didn't mean all as in everything
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    ? all those ? .

Go ahead flag it again.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never mind the Jewish execs (Lyor cohen, moskawitz, Lucian grainge? Doug Morris?) marketing raps coonery though
    Anyone w/ an 8th grade education knows he didn't mean all as in everything

C/S.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    somebody tell these fools all stereotypes aren't negative
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    I thought it was a compliment...shrugs

when the ? can be flipped to making you seem like the worst group of people because of the fact that you own ? , its not a compliment.

yall ? reading the responses in this thread or...

When the ? can be flipped to making u seem like the worst group of people because of the fact that you don't own ? , its hard to rationalize with the opposite end of the spectrum.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

when the ? can be flipped to making you seem like the worst group of people because of the fact that you own ? , its not a compliment.

When the ? can be flipped to making u seem like the worst group of people because of the fact that you don't own ? , its hard to rationalize with the opposite end of the spectrum.

Hard to rationalize, easy to understand.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hard to rationalize, easy to understand.

mlexyen6tv6x.gif

And ? dem for catching feelings
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    This some ol ? .

Theyre gonna try to milk some $$$ outta him.

N fulfill their own stereotype.

you already know they about them shekels

c3qk38jxmva6.jpg

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao
    askl5hp5znfs.jpg

I'm ? dying
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jews are all over entertainment, finance, and government. They white - the west regrets the holocaust and Germany has paid Israel and Jews reparations.

While I appreciate Jays intention, to be technical - spending habits alone won't get black Americans financial freedom. I think one of the few areas of consequence black Americans have is political power, unfortunately black politics is ass-cheeks right now
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    before all the Mel Gibson ? are flood this thread with ? originally posted on ? websites, i would like to note that Madonna's Jewish manager already defended his use of it in the song's context last week:
    I've received a few messages from friends wondering why Jay-Z is putting out anti-semitic lyrics in his new song "The Story Of O.J." ... If you read the lyrics out of context I can understand why people are jumping to that conclusion.. But if you listen to the song in its entirety you will hear that the whole of the song is based on exaggerated stereotypes to make a point.. There are African American stereotypes throughout the song.. The music video directed by @markromanek and Jay is entirely full of exaggerated stereotype imagery of African Americans.. Jewish people do NOT "own all the property in America". Jay knows this.. But hes attempting to use the jewish people in an exaggerated way to showcase a community of people that are thought to have made wise business decisions.. As an example of what is possible and achievable.. Yes, the "rich jew" the "business jew" the "jew that owns the world" is a stereotype which has been repeatedly used with the wrong sentiment.. meant only to harm the Jewish people. Perpetuating the absurdity that jews are taking over the world.. Fact: There are 7.5 billion people in the world.. Only 14 million of them are jews.. Thats 0.2 percent of the worlds population.. In my opinion, Jay is giving the jewish community a compliment.. " Financial freedom" he mentions as being his ONLY hope.. If you had to pick a community as an example of making wise financial decisions achieving financial freedom who would you choose?.. Im not offended by these lyrics.. I hear them the way he inteded them to be heard.. Giving "credit" to a community that supposedly understands what it means to have "credit".. I'm good with that..

The ADL's prerogative is not to let little things slide. They not really mad tho, this a love tap

They cut Jay slack by not bringing up all those "Flow tight like I was born Jewish", "Martha Stewart that's far from Jewish" lines from his past..............
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hymietown letting me down
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fraudulent sensitive ass "Jews." I bet they would be more comfortable if he was talking about coke, ? and killing his own people. Props to Jay on that last album.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope no one here thinks jay would say a line like that without a) "clearance" and b) an explanation.

have you seen the video for the song? or better yet have you heard the words? that might be the record for the most "? " in one song yet. The song is about stereotypes to the point where if anyone is going to be offended by it it should be black people.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats great promo for him, already had Madonna come out caping for him and everything...

Jay knows what he's doing, his album title is Gematria so we know he's down with the Jewish Banker tyrants... this is scripted news.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    i hope no one here thinks jay would say a line like that without a) "clearance" and b) an explanation.

have you seen the video for the song? or better yet have you heard the words? that might be the record for the most "? " in one song yet. The song is about stereotypes to the point where if anyone is going to be offended by it it should be black people.

15n6mc9.jpg
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all just an act don't you see? just like when all them ? got mad at Eminem and broke his CD's on mtv, publicity!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats great promo for him, already had Madonna come out caping for him and everything...

Jay knows what he's doing, his album title is Gematria so we know he's down with the Jewish Banker tyrants... this is scripted news.

madonna's manager, not madonna
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw ? , Krayzie Bone got that record
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    On a semi-tangent it's one thing to talk conscious but what really puts people on alert is when you start talking empowerment. Empowerment is buying black, unity under common goals,etc.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

15n6mc9.jpg

ayo... i was ? when i wrote that but i'm even drunker now. so in short... ? you.