Aiight GnS, school me on Edibles/drinkables.

Options
konceptjones
konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
My weed smoking days are over 20 years behind me. I can't even stand the smell of the ? nowadays and wouldn't even smoke it if Jesus himself said "hit dis my dude!".

However, me and the fam are out here in Vegas visiting friends and the ? is legal for recreational use. Both me and the missus have pain issues, hers is under control with a mild ? pain med and I have periodic migraines that are not under control at all (I basically take aspirin or sodium naproxen and sleep it off). Neither of us is interested in smoking anything, but edibles seem like they would work. We have a family friend out here that's been managing his back and knee pain from surgeries with edibles and the missus wants to get off the opiates so we're looking at picking up edibles for her and a thc infused drink for me.

since I know most of y'all partake, what have your experiences been with the ? ?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edibles aren't tasty, so that's the only issue a newbie would probably have. Around here. Korova edibles are top notch. As for drinks, never ? w a cannabis infused drink, so I dunno, I just know a regular watee bottle sized drink runs like $10. (CBD, not sure on THC)

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've only eaten an edible once, it was a chocolate chip cookie that tasted great @Vibe. I was ? for sure, didn't know what to expect so I was kinda trippin. I'd definitely eat them again and would strongly recommend edibles over opiates(they ? your liver).
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First and foremost, when you go to cop, tell whoever is selling the edibles that you aren't a smoker. They'll be able to recommend a reasonable dosage, as well particular products especially for pain. You may end up with something with a high CBD content, which wouldn't have the psychoactive effects normally associated with weed.

But if you're looking to get ? annihilated, edibles it is. The high feels very different than smoking, namely that it can be more akin to a pscychedlic trip than a blunt. Waves of sensation come over your body, your perception is distorted and all kinds of goofy thoughts pop in your mind. A good edible in essence will bring any and everything you're doing to a screeching halt.

So if you're still interested, eat the amount that the folks at the dispensary recommend and wait for it to kick in. Whatever you do, don't eat any more, even if it takes a couple of hours to kick in.

Even with the recommended dosage, there is a chance that the take off will be turbulent, but if you can ride that ? out in one piece and not in a panic induced state, the next few hours should be pretty killer
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't ? with edibles to relieve a migraine. The thing is, they will dehydrate you, which can trigger migraines... Go figure. Unless you plan to eat one and drink a good amount of water afterwards but I always end up with a headache the next morning.

You might not like smoking anymore or you might just not like smoking street drugs. There's a difference. I would say to ask the people you buy from for an indica that will relax you and relieve pain. I say skip the edibles

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    If you truly want it for pain management...

You need some oils and pills not brownies and gummy bears

• konceptjones
    Options
    I wouldn't ? with edibles to relieve a migraine. The thing is, they will dehydrate you, which can trigger migraines... Go figure. Unless you plan to eat one and drink a good amount of water afterwards but I always end up with a headache the next morning.

You might not like smoking anymore or you might just not like smoking street drugs. There's a difference. I would say to ask the people you buy from for an indica that will relax you and relieve pain. I say skip the edibles

I'm constantly drinking water so that's not an issue for me.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Decide what category U want first. IND/ SAT/ HYB. Since your out for a visit u still want to be functional and cognizant but body on full massage while ya mind is sharp like a calculator. Cheeba Chews : SATIVA will do it for u and still provide those CBD's for the relief. HYB : Who knows( Either SAT or IND dominant) IND: Lay yo ass out! Closer strip the lower the THC content band they aren't cheap. Just keep that in mind. Have a safe 1!
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wasn't aware that there was a difference in what you can buy for medical vs recreational and Las Vegas is running into a massive shortage of recreational supplies. We went to this spot Releaf across the street from SLS at Sahara and LVB not far from one of our friend's crib. Dude told us they were pretty much out of their entire supply of edibles that can be sold for recreational use and all that was left was a flavored sublingual. We copped it.

20170708_212532.jpg

Wife took it in the parking lot and so far nothing. I'll prolly drop it in a bit and see what happens.

(edit) she picked out the flavor. All they had left was vanilla and ? mango. I would have went to a different spot but we had to get back 'cause our peoples was grilling.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Folks have to understand edibles are a different high lol

I've known a few to over do it because they didn't feel the effects right away like when you smoke

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smoking >edibles imo.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cannabis Quencher, if they still sell that, was my go-to drinking experience with THC. Three flavors too for all those different tastebuds (Strawberry Lemonade, Grape, and uh...can't remember the last one).

As said earlier though, be sure to ask for a recommended dosage. You don't want to do too much, unless you do, else the psychoactive effects kick in and you start to experience....self-realization (for lack of a better term).

Good luck out there man, be sure to keep us posted. We're all fam.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take your time with edibles.. The effects aren't instant but when they kick in, it'll last for hours. Also take half the recommended amount when starting out.

Check out ? Apetite on Vice land, great show that shows you how to make a variety of infused dishes.
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So, the missus is thinking that it was money wasted. Absolutely nothing on her end and she got more sleepy than anything. Considering I'm prolly twice her size I decide to take three droppers full (3mL) which should have had about 9mg of THC in it and from my math that's roughly what I'd get from taking a hit off a dime of decent grade trees.

I felt nothing.

I had this weird ass half migraine for most of the day and figured that I'd take it to see what it did with it. I took it around 9pm last night. Barely numbed the pain and not much else. Didn't affect my cognitive skills either (thankfully) 'cause I was up until about 2am this morning working.

May have to try a higher dose.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you getting edibles with high a cbd count or high thc count?
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

the one we got was just thc. supposedly 3mg per 1ml sublingual dose. Wouldn't exactly call that "high" at all.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

the one we got was just thc. supposedly 3mg per 1ml sublingual dose. Wouldn't exactly call that "high" at all.

3mg is really low.

I liked them 100mg at the least. Since you're not a smoker, I would start around 35-40mg at the high end.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Don't take them in the hot ass sun with a hangover while still drinking. Tried that in Miami the other day, didn't turn out well :joy:
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Edibles and drinkables are really tricky. As said before, don't be fooled by it not kicking in 10 minutes after you ingest them. That's rookie mistake. It normally takes about 30-45 minutes to hit, and when it does.......? . I found that the edibles are easier to manage, but the drinkables last MUCH longer. I swore up and down one drinkable product I used had me still feeling that ? for two straight days.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They turn all of your bad feelings into good feelings
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2017
    Options
    We just came back from a different spot a little farther down Sahara called Inyo. Copped some gummies with 10mg CBD/~6mg THC and a cookie with almost 50mg of THC. My wife didn't pay attention to what the chick at the counter was saying at all and was gonna try to eat the cookie by herself in the car. I told her about @Jungz story and was like "I ain't finna spend the night in the ER 'cause you did some dumb ? ..."

20170710_172255.jpg

I'll report back later on it.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @konceptjones ...INYO is the spot! U passed ReLeaf, Essence, Blum and Sahara WELLNESS to get there. They bomb as hell 2 4 their selections. Looks like a bakery inside right? Get a 512MG Chocolate Mint bar. $55 but the best $55 u will have spent besides the Cheeba Chews. Have fun.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dispensaries been here in detroit since like 08 and I still havent tried em smh

I been trying to get my card so I can start checking this stuff out