The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way he should still have tax issues every year... The biggest criminal organization in the world don't play.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Damn Floyd going to be broke before he's 50

Being broke and not paying taxes are two totally different things.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Smh irresponsible as ? take care of your ?

Agreed. It's obvious that's not something that he deems important. ? gonna be Wesley Snipes if he keep it up haha
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-owes-taxes-asks-irs-wait-mcgregor-fight--118300
    Mayweather Owes Taxes, Asks IRS to Wait For McGregor Fight

by David P. Greisman

Floyd Mayweather Jr. owes federal taxes for 2015, but while he says he has more than enough money to pay them, he doesn’t quite have enough cash.

Yet.

Mayweather has filed a petition with the United States Tax Court saying much of his money is tied up and cannot be easily converted into cash, and asking for a short-term installment agreement allowing him more time to get the cash, according to Bryan Koenig of Law360. (Paul Gift of BloodyElbow.com also tweeted about the filing.)

That cash would come when he faces mixed martial arts superstar Conor McGregor in a pay-per-view boxing match on Aug. 26.

“Although the taxpayer has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid,” Mayweather’s filing said, according to the Law360 report. “The taxpayer has a significant liquidity event scheduled in about 60 days from which he intends to pay the balance of the 2015 tax liability due and outstanding.”

The filing also asks the government to waive a penalty for failing to pay.

The government, meanwhile, argues that Mayweather has the ability to pay his taxes in full or part.

“The agency said that Mayweather had various options available … including by selling property, withdrawing cash from other accounts or taking out a loan,” the Law360 report said.

Mayweather’s gone back and forth with the IRS over the years. The agency filed a $6.17 million lien on Mayweather in 2008 for his 2007 taxes, according to a 2009 report in the Grand Rapids Press.

Mayweather ended up settling that for around $5 million, but in 2011 the IRS said the fighter owed $3.4 million in taxes incurred in 2009 and due in 2010, according to a report at the time in the Grand Rapids Press.

He also had to pay off liens the IRS filed against him in 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2006, according to an Associated Press report in 2009.

Just last year, the U.S. Tax Court entered a decision on income taxes due dating back a decade ago:

“Pursuant to the agreement of the parties in this case, it is ordered and decided that there is a deficiency in income tax due from petitioner for the taxable year 2006 in the amount of $1,627,563.00; and that there is no penalty due from petitioner for the taxable year 2006.”

I remember a few years back 50 did a interview and he stated that Floyd literally goes broke in between fights... he really needs somebody to tell him ta cut back on his spending
  • Mastery
    Options
    Broke as in little cash? Yes.

But he has so many restricted and illiquid assets he good. Reminds me of the person who put restrictions in place with Allen Iversons money so he wouldn't go completely broke.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd will be fine he a promoter now he makes money off of fighters as well as the conner fight. Al Haymon and mgm in Vegas also look out for him due to the money he generated for them all those years.
  • Mastery
    Options
    They keep looking past Broner. He bout to take it personal and upset Mikey. Watch

@? _Caesar
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They keep looking past Broner. He bout to take it personal and upset Mikey. Watch
    Bet your money then. U don't believe what your saying
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    Bet your money then. U don't believe what your saying

@Arya Tsaddiq
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Yo @Mastery

The resale on these tickets are high. I see floor seats going for 700
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yo @Mastery

Yeah, where at? ? around and slang these ? for $1,000 each and watch the ? at home haha

@? _Caesar
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Yo @Mastery

Yeah, where at? ? around and slang these ? for $1,000 each and watch the ? at home haha

@? _Caesar

lol exactly. Stubhub resale
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yo @Mastery

@? _Caesar

Watch, the closer the fight gets the more them prices going to go up. I'm going to keep an eye out bruh.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Yo @Mastery

@? _Caesar

Watch, the closer the fight gets the more them prices going to go up. I'm going to keep an eye out bruh.

U and me both lol. I think imma float mine out there for a price. If they get picked up ? it
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yo @Mastery

@? _Caesar

U and me both lol. I think imma float mine out there for a price. If they get picked up ? it

Let me know if they do haha

This fight is must see and if ? wanna spend to see it in person, I'll happily oblige, for a price of course haha
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-mcgregor-ppv-cost-99-95-watch-hd--118367
    Mayweather-McGregor PPV Will Cost $99.95 to Watch in HD

By Keith Idec

The Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight will indeed cost just about $100 to watch in HD.

The Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire first reported Monday that Showtime Pay-Per-View has set the price for Mayweather-McGregor at $89.95 to view in SD and $99.95 to watch in HD. That was the expected pay-per-view price since the fight was officially announced June 14 due to the intense interest in the August 26 bout in Las Vegas.

The price is the same that HBO Sports and Showtime Sports charged for the joint telecast of the Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao welterweight title fight in May 2015. That long-awaited bout drew a record of roughly 4.6 million buys and helped the overall revenue from the event to exceed $600 million.

Mayweather-Pacquiao drew criticism from ? and casual boxing fans alike because it lacked action, but it was a bout boxing fans had wanted to see for more than five years. Mayweather-McGregor generally is considered a mismatch because Las Vegas’ Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs), despite that he is 40 years old and hasn’t fought in nearly two years, retired as the best boxer, pound-for-pound, in the world.

McGregor, meanwhile, is the one of mixed martial arts’ best fighters, but has never participated in a professional boxing match. The trash-talking Irish southpaw is 21-3 in MMA, including 18 knockouts.

The four-day, four-city press tour to promote Mayweather-McGregor is set to begin Tuesday afternoon at Staples Center in Los Angeles. It’ll continue Wednesday at the Budweiser Stage in Toronto and Thursday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, before ending Friday at Wembley Arena in London.

Tickets to the 12-round, 154-pound fight have not gone on sale, in part because T-Mobile Arena hasn’t been officially announced as the venue due to a scheduling conflict.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-horn-investigation-wbo-backs-scores-explains-why--118368
    Pacquiao-Horn Investigation: WBO Backs Scores, Explains Why

By World Boxing Organization

The Jeff Horn vs. Manny Pacquiao bout results were controversial causing disputes amongst fans. For this reason, transparency is so important.

The WBO does not have power to reverse the Judges decision based on discretion as it can only be revoked when fraud or a violation of Law has occurred, which is not relevant in this case.

Based on this, five (5) anonymous, competent Judges from different countries were asked to watch the bout without sound. Then, the independent results were tabulated to ascertain clearly the rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 60, 80 and 100 percent.

To determine the winner of each round, 3 out of the 5 officials have to be in agreement.

Upon the analysis, the findings stated that Pacquiao won the 3rd, the 8th and 9th by 100%; the 5th round was won by 80%; and the 11th round by 60%. Horn won the 1st, 6th and 12th rounds by 100%; rounds 2nd, 4th, and 7th by 80%; and then, the 10th round by 60%.

From the results, it can be established that Pacquiao won 5 rounds while Horn won 7 rounds.

The next step of the analysis was to combine the Independent Judges with the Bout Judges to find the percentage agreement by round. Upon doing this analysis, the findings of the Judges stated that Pacquiao won the 3rd and 9th by 100%; the 8th round was won by 87.5%; no rounds were won by 75%; the 5th round by 62.5%; and the 10th and 11th were even rounds.

On the other hand, the Judges findings stated that Horn won the 1st, 6th, and 12th rounds by 100%; by 87.5%, he won the 4th and the 7th; the 2nd was won by 75%; none were won by 62.5%; and the even rounds were the 10th and the 11th.

The analytical method utilized was also used in the decision of Algieri-Provodnikov and Paquiao-Bradley.

Based on this analysis, Jeff Horn was the winner of the bout.

axp2ck2h6est.gif
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Working with FightHype on Wednesday for the Mayweather Vs McGregor press conference. Ill drop things here when I can.

Lies
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-horn-investigation-wbo-backs-scores-explains-why--118368
    Pacquiao-Horn Investigation: WBO Backs Scores, Explains Why

By World Boxing Organization

The Jeff Horn vs. Manny Pacquiao bout results were controversial causing disputes amongst fans. For this reason, transparency is so important.

The WBO does not have power to reverse the Judges decision based on discretion as it can only be revoked when fraud or a violation of Law has occurred, which is not relevant in this case.

Based on this, five (5) anonymous, competent Judges from different countries were asked to watch the bout without sound. Then, the independent results were tabulated to ascertain clearly the rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 60, 80 and 100 percent.

To determine the winner of each round, 3 out of the 5 officials have to be in agreement.

Upon the analysis, the findings stated that Pacquiao won the 3rd, the 8th and 9th by 100%; the 5th round was won by 80%; and the 11th round by 60%. Horn won the 1st, 6th and 12th rounds by 100%; rounds 2nd, 4th, and 7th by 80%; and then, the 10th round by 60%.

From the results, it can be established that Pacquiao won 5 rounds while Horn won 7 rounds.

The next step of the analysis was to combine the Independent Judges with the Bout Judges to find the percentage agreement by round. Upon doing this analysis, the findings of the Judges stated that Pacquiao won the 3rd and 9th by 100%; the 8th round was won by 87.5%; no rounds were won by 75%; the 5th round by 62.5%; and the 10th and 11th were even rounds.

On the other hand, the Judges findings stated that Horn won the 1st, 6th, and 12th rounds by 100%; by 87.5%, he won the 4th and the 7th; the 2nd was won by 75%; none were won by 62.5%; and the even rounds were the 10th and the 11th.

The analytical method utilized was also used in the decision of Algieri-Provodnikov and Paquiao-Bradley.

Based on this analysis, Jeff Horn was the winner of the bout.

axp2ck2h6est.gif

Welp!
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/jeff-horn-smiles-teddy-atlas-wbo-hands-down-ruling--118392
    Jeff Horn Smiles at Teddy Atlas After WBO Hands Down Ruling

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn is smiling from ear to ear after the WBO finished their investigation regarding the recent fight with Manny Pacquiao.

Veteran ESPN announcer Teddy Atlas claimed before the fight two weeks ago that Horn had 'no chance' of winning and derided his performance as the match went on at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia.

After the former schoolteacher was declared the winner, the 60-year-old shoved a microphone in his face declaring: 'Congratulations, I thought you lost.'

Horn's controversial victory was vindicated on Tuesday after the World Boxing Organisation had five judges re-score the fight - and ruled in his favour.

According to Horn and his promoter Duco Events, Atlas' commentary was a big factor in fan outrage and convinced Pacquiao and the Philippines Government to put pressure on the WBO to review the result.

Now a furious Horn insists he won't even talk to the broadcaster at Thursday's ESPN awards in Los Angeles.

"I have nothing to say to Teddy Atlas," Horn told the Courier Mail. "I’m not a fan anymore. He kind of annoyed me a little bit after the fight. I’m on a high after winning and he’s tried to drag me down straight away. It’s disappointing.

"[They] brushed me and said that they definitely thought I lost the fight. Especially straight after the fight, when Teddy has said to me, "Ah, you lost that fight. That’s what I think. When I was on my high as well, so he’s bringing me down straight away."

Horn called the WBO's decision a 'big relief' that allowed him to go to the U.S. for the ESPN awards with confidence.

"To win the fight, and to think that I’ve won the fight and then for everyone to go after you and say 'you didn’t win the fight'... it’s frustrating but then to have this finally makes it a bit easier to go over to the US," he told Fox Sports.