The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    So im 30 minutes into the movie and is bokeem woodbine really going to be who the vulture called him?

why are you posting in the cinema, smh...

Mannnnn, mofos dont respect the etiquettes... Bringing babies to evening shows, on their phones during the film etc

SHAME
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So im 30 minutes into the movie and is bokeem woodbine really going to be who the vulture called him?

I was at home. Didnt have time to hit the theatre.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    The movie was good I hated Flash's character and actor WTF was that?

The car scene was tense

I ? HATED flash in this movie lol. ? rich ? head

lol he was a good fit in the movie imo

Nah, he really wasn't.

This is the first film where some of the changes made to make it more diverse kind of annoyed me, that flash character was the prime one.

What other changes they made ?
    well, there's
    -Ned, whose basically Ganke from Ultimate Marvel
    -Michelle, junkie who is this universe's "MJ"
    -Vulture, (Victor Toomes) is Liz Allen's father
    -No evidence of Spider-Sense

That's not Mary Jane Lol but the other ? is cool with me
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

in other words you were broke or just prefer pirating movies.... lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MorganFreemanKing
    She's not Mary Jane Watson she is a whole new character for the movie named Michelle Jones. Mary Jane could still be introduced later.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like they briefly showed off his spider sense in civil war. When Tony threw the canister at Peter in Peters room, he reacted and caught it without looking. It's obvious that he has it. He might be too inexperienced to really notice it or master using it, but it does exist.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    @MorganFreemanKing
    She's not Mary Jane Watson she is a whole new character for the movie named Michelle Jones. Mary Jane could still be introduced later.

Long shot but possible.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    I feel like they briefly showed off his spider sense in civil war. When Tony threw the canister at Peter in Peters room, he reacted and caught it without looking. It's obvious that he has it. He might be too inexperienced to really notice it or master using it, but it does exist.

This is true but it seems to disappear almost completely in Homecoming. I have a feeling they may just replace the Spider sense with enhanced senses, which may be easier to depict and be a callback to Miguel O'Hara.
    i think they left it out because it would have ruined the big reveal
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    The New Warriors have been casted and the movie starts filming soon

They got a film? I know they got a series coming up on Freeform, but a movie as well?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    @MorganFreemanKing

Long shot but possible.

Kevin Feige confirmed it yesterday lol
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michelle jones my ass

She even said "call me mj"

Don't do this to yourselves.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is true but it seems to disappear almost completely in Homecoming. I have a feeling they may just replace the Spider sense with enhanced senses, which may be easier to depict and be a callback to Miguel O'Hara.

Watts on spidey sense

"The idea was, again, just you want to make this movie be less about things you’ve already seen before, and you’ve definitely already seen a spider sense sequence done extremely well in Marc [Webb]’s and [Sam] Raimi’s movies.”

"It could be something that develops over time or we can do it in a different way. It’s something that seemed like maybe there’s a cool thing to do with that eventually, but let’s not crowd this movie with something we’ve already seen before… That could be … I’m just making things up right now, but it could be something like you’re saying that develops over time"
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options

Be a lil more funny and you might get a few more reactions.
  • fortyacres
    edited July 2017
    Options

dont be butthurt B , its okay not to have money sometimes there aint no shame in that.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watts on spidey sense

"The idea was, again, just you want to make this movie be less about things you’ve already seen before, and you’ve definitely already seen a spider sense sequence done extremely well in Marc [Webb]’s and [Sam] Raimi’s movies.”

"It could be something that develops over time or we can do it in a different way. It’s something that seemed like maybe there’s a cool thing to do with that eventually, but let’s not crowd this movie with something we’ve already seen before… That could be … I’m just making things up right now, but it could be something like you’re saying that develops over time"

I've noticed that we've barely seen spider sense used in any movie except for Spider-Man 2002. when peter caught that ball tony starks threw at him that was reflexes not spider sense.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited July 2017
    Options

dont be butthurt B , its okay not to have money sometimes there aint no shame in that.

You trying too hard ? .
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Movie was pretty good not killing off the bad guy was nice for a change.
  • fortyacres
    Options

You trying too hard ? .

I really wish that was the case my ? but it aint...
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited July 2017
    Options

You trying too hard ? .

I really wish that was the case my ? but it aint...

It is cause you keep going on about it. Trying to be nonchalant now doesnt change the fact that you trying too hard. Now gone about your business and stop trying to derail ? clown.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watts on spidey sense

THANK...YOU!

That guy gets it.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    Marvel’s New Warriors TV Series Announces Cast
    by Kevin Melrose
    Comment (8)

Actress/comedian Milana Vayntrub (This Is Us) has landed the starring role of Squirrel Girl in Marvel’s New Warriors, the upcoming live-action comedy produced for Freeform.

RELATED: Who’s Who in Marvel’s New Warriors TV Show

She’ll be joined in the series by Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) as Mister Immortal, Jeremy Tardy (Dear White People) as Night Thrasher, Calum Worthy (Austin & Ally) as Speedball, Matthew Moy (2 Broke Girls) as Microbe and Kate Comer (The Comeback) as Debrii.

Marvel’s first foray into live-action comedy, the 10-episode series centers on six young heroes :learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates.” Ordered straight to series in April by Freeform, New Warriors will join Cloak & Dagger on the Disney-owned cable channel.

RELATED: Squirrel Girl’s Unbeatable History of Team-Ups

Anna Kendrick and Shannon Purser (Stranger Things, Riverdale) had publicly expressed interest in playing Squirrel Girl, with The Hollywood Reporter saying the latter was at one point in the running for New Warriors. Mae Whitman was also reportedly discussed, but the website says other commitments quickly took her out of contention.

Marvel released the following character descriptions for New Warriors in April:

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
    new-warriors-Milana-Vayntrub.jpeg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=450&h=674&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
    Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
    new-warriors-Derek-Theler.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=412&h=594&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
    The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
    new-warriors-Jeremy-Tardy.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=450&h=630&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: None
    Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
    new-warriors-calum-worthy.jpeg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=450&h=299&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: Can launch kinetic ? of energy
    Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic ? of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
    new-warrios-matthew-moy.jpeg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=450&h=299&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: Can talk to germs
    Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
    new-warriors-kate-comer.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=50&w=450&h=675&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
    Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.
    (via The Hollywood Reporter)

Yeah... kinda skeptical. Live action comedy? Feels like they already ruined Nightthrasher. Turned him into a yuppie.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Their superpowers suck
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the black guy's super power is being a popular ? ? lol ok
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's the black Tony Starks. He's a billionaire and wears an enhanced suit. They're making his character a happy go lucky ? but in the comics he was like Bruce Wayne

Ahhh, that makes more sense.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options

He's the black Tony Starks. He's a billionaire and wears an enhanced suit. They're making his character a happy go lucky ? but in the comics he was like Bruce Wayne

REALLY like Bruce Wayne. Even down to the parents getting killed. ? up thung is the ? who killed his parents took him in. He was the actual leader of the New Warriors.