2017 XXL Freshman Cypher.....Hip Hop Is Dead

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also hip hop ain't dead ? like cole and kendrick seling out arenas and ?
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freestyles are not really part of the younger generations hip hop vernacular, just like how most older rappers can't really get on a new style beat and adopt a modern flow and not sound like clowns for the most part. There's room for all these guys as long as dudes like Kendrick get support. Key is make good music and we'll support that.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone needs to adjust the levels when ? grabs the mic
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

When there's only two rappers that are selling out arenas..... Then it's dead.

If 85% of the genre is trash. Then it's dead.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cipher wasn't as bad as described. I liked the energy of the room. The first dude and ugly ? were going off the dome. This is real hip hop. Let these young dudes live this is the sound of their generation it's not meant for us old folks to understand.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    The cipher wasn't as bad as described. I liked the energy of the room. The first dude and ugly ? were going off the dome. This is real hip hop. Let these young dudes live this is the sound of their generation it's not meant for us old folks to understand.

? I'm not old lmao
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Blame single mamas too ol you can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Blame single mamas too ol you can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it

Shut yo Fat ? up
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How tf did we let this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO12BCNUlLU

Can't even hear what these fatherless ? are rappin bout

9hmjaa.jpg
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Chance is doing well having a mix of arenas and outdoor livenation venues the last year and a half. Future and the migos had a huge tour this spring now Future is doing some arenas for this last summer/fall tour taking another lap around. Jay selling out.

And the rest of these ? is filling up theaters and ballrooms and mid sized venues as well. People are going to these hip hop shows more and more each year. Even despite the irving plaza ? and a few other shootings they are still booking rap ? which i was worried about. Hip hop is fine.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

? I'm not old lmao

r11o1qibeypc.jpg

It's ok Busta I'm old too

Lmaooo
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Chance is doing well having a mix of arenas and outdoor livenation venues the last year and a half. Future and the migos had a huge tour this spring now Future is doing some arenas for this last summer/fall tour taking another lap around. Jay selling out.

And the rest of these ? is filling up theaters and ballrooms and mid sized venues as well. People are going to these hip hop shows more and more each year. Even despite the irving plaza ? and a few other shootings they are still booking rap ? which i was worried about. Hip hop is fine.

Ok let me be clear.

Lyricism and talent is dead.
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shut yo Fat ? up

shut the ? up when grown folks is typing
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Ok let me be clear.

That's 100% false. TDE alone has talent and lyrics between kdot, soul, jay rock and Q. Cole, Kendrick, Krit, Joey Badass, Dave East, Chance, Krit, Odisee, Shawn Smith and so on. Talent and Lyricism is not dead. The ? who get exposure via social media and online press are just less talented. Great hip hop still exists with the current generation.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Ok let me be clear.

That's 100% false. TDE alone has talent and lyrics between kdot, soul, jay rock and Q. Cole, Kendrick, Krit, Joey Badass, Dave East, Chance, Krit, Odisee, Shawn Smith and so on. Talent and Lyricism is not dead. The ? who get exposure via social media and online press are just less talented. Great hip hop still exists with the current generation.

That's still only 10% of Hip hop!! If 80% of artist that are poppin in an art form then it's dead!

Go to Donkey for example, it's dead right?
    Naah it's not dead because occasionally supergangster comes through and ethers himself. And we got the ether thread too with a bunch of funny posters.

Nah fam donkey is dead because there is only a few doing it and 80% of the people are gone.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I swear u ? man
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    How many people are sticking to the element of hip hop?

B-boying? DJ? Graffiti?

? are just mumbling over trap beats and bragging about ? your ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Ok let me be clear.

That's still only 10% of Hip hop!! If 80% of artist that are poppin in an art form then it's dead!

Go to Donkey for example, it's dead right?
    Naah it's not dead because occasionally supergangster comes through and ethers himself. And we got the ether thread too with a bunch of funny posters.

Nah fam donkey is dead because there is only a few doing it and 80% of the people are gone.

The split is not 10/90. You're letting the over coverage of the fuckery skew perception. Just like crime has fell in the last 20 years but coverage of crimes via media has sharply risen the same goes for coverage of wack rappers. In reality the majority of rappers in the underground/mainstream with a loyal fanbase have talent and focus on lyrics and wordplay.

The issue with less talented rappers is they get a hit or 2 and then their fanbase moves to the next one hit wonder. And look at the crowds Cole or Kendrick or even Big sean get for their tours compaired to ? on the radio with one hit who are doing smaller venues till they fall off.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    How many people are sticking to the element of hip hop?

B-boying? DJ? Graffiti?

? are just mumbling over trap beats and bragging about ? your ? .

Don't forget them telling us to look at their wrist and skrrrr
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok let me be clear.

Nah I can't agree with that with Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean and Wale out there.