Agree or Disagree? Black people in America would be stronger, if segregation remained in America.

Options
124»

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Umar said some real ? recently on the Breakfast Club, black people are the only group that are thought being around your own people is bad and moving amongst whites is a come up.

That's not real ? ..that's stupid ? because the black community ain't the only ones who think that. Asians do as well...folks talk about how latinos think that too.

So Asians don't have an entire community across the US where they live amongst themselves and distribute resources amongst themselves? Are you being naive again? Then you bring up latinos like there aren't latinos of different races and ethnicities that stick together.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I always hear how this "system wasn't made for us". Do you think if we remained segregated we would come up with a system of our own that worked?

If we were not messed with then yes to segregation. The problem is it was segregation with us having to continue to pay taxes and have our communities raided by terrorists, police, military and government, AND hospitals infecting us and schools and teachers not receiving funding and banks not lending us money, and government jobs being withheld and strict restrictions that prohibited us from even leaving our communities to travel to other black communities. The inequalities under the Constitution 3/5ths of a man and so on are what made segregation an unrealistic option for Af. Americans.
    So segregation under a government at war with Black people would have some benefits but it would also have repercussions. With all that said, if we could have had segregation with reparations then YES I would have been for it. If we could have had segregation with at least a Supreme Court ruling on what African Americans have invested into America and receive a state with finances, structure and a lifestyle compromising or parallel to our contributions then YES. And YES to the other point being that even in the extreme of all the benefits I enjoy now, I would even sign on to say YES to segregation under our terms and not by White America's terms of what it will do to us if segregation was offered.

For example in short: (Blacks would have access to free trade, receive grants as every other community, property, police, military, technologically advanced schools, and so on)

A sheep among wolves is not good for the sheep. The position we were/are put in America largely makes us a victim to circumstance instead of sovereign dictators of our destiny.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hating ass ? like @2stepz_ahead are why we can never build our own ? and our kids continue to feel like we need white people.......how stupid/hypocritical would he be to cosign anything but integration

Lavar Ball stepped out there to build something of his own while mofos sat on the sidelines.......and mofos still hated when he was teaching his kids the value of owning their own ? , instead of being owned by somebody else

we don't need to be officially segregated to build our own ? , but it's too many virus ? out here who like to play both sides

they love using the black community for support when ? is hard, but when they feel like they got a lil bit of money or status them same mofos love being surrounded by crackas

you still on lavar...ok lets close this up too.

no one tried the sneaker...so cant say its luxury...hes coming out with an arrogant marketing scheme....nothing humble about it. then priced then up. nahh.....he gets an A for effort but the way hes going about will hurt him in the long run and put too much pressure on his child to be great. he sneaker will sell just to lakers fans an he can make money....

just me...i dont like opportunist type ? no matter the color. he needs to look out for his son first and market the shoe to his abilities agaisnt the pros.

and for all that other ? .....? you must be ? .

cuz you still dont touch all the ? i have ben trying o do here...connecting, networking, motivivation, advising and learning....you like to try to stay on some one thing and that that makes you right. when you dont know what your talking about.

yoiu sounding more like a virus ? ....always coming in here hating with your ? ,

you dont even debate....you first ? is hate.

you over in the dave ramsey thread hating,.

hating on anyone wanting to learn something you may already know.

how about you add to the thread and try to be positive.

and i expect to see your ass all up in any black excellence thread. cheering and support

bruh if talking ? about ? for buying luxuries that they can afford isn't hating, then what is?

as far as that Lavar Ball ? I notice u still avoided my whole wearing Nikes argument.....which is why I don't debate u......u not really interested in debating and u can't argue/reason with a liar haha

all the other ? I can't speak on cuz I really don't care what it is u are attempting to do here.......and I've already pointed out multiple times how u have already contradicted yaself

I can't cheer and support someone who isn't sincere about black excellence........in ur mind the only way a person is successful if they live the way u think they should live

u surround yaself with crackas on purpose and then talk ? about ? getting more money than u

yet I'm supposed to believe u sincere about "black excellence" :joy:

no way the black community can build its own ? with mofos like u pretending u on our side
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umar said some real ? recently on the Breakfast Club, black people are the only group that are thought being around your own people is bad and moving amongst whites is a come up.

That's not real ? ..that's stupid ? because the black community ain't the only ones who think that. Asians do as well...folks talk about how latinos think that too.

So Asians don't have an entire community across the US where they live amongst themselves and distribute resources amongst themselves? Are you being naive again? Then you bring up latinos like there aren't latinos of different races and ethnicities that stick together.

You do know blacks have neighborhoods where they do the same too in this country right? And I'm not just talking about the hood. Also not every Asian person lives in Chinatown. You think when you go to rich mostly white neighborhoods throughout the country that you don't see Asians there too? Come on man.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I always hear how this "system wasn't made for us". Do you think if we remained segregated we would come up with a system of our own that worked?

We did and they burned those communities /establishments to the ground..via the govt.

So no

easier to shoot fish in a barrel

Law 18

Do Not Build Fortresses to Protect Yourself – Isolation is Dangerous
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

You do know blacks have neighborhoods where they do the same too in this country right? And I'm not just talking about the hood. Also not every Asian person lives in Chinatown. You think when you go to rich mostly white neighborhoods throughout the country that you don't see Asians there too? Come on man.

COLLECTIVELY, how many thriving black communities exist that are on par with Jewish and Asian communities that are mostly owned by blacks? If it exists then there might be a very small amount. And I didn't say anything about Chinatown either. And finally what does Asian people living in white communities have to do with the point? Please stop deflecting.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Segregation, desegregation....it don't matter in the long run cause we're still oppressed. Black wallstreet is just the most prominent success story for us, but there have been many "black wallstreets" throughout history... but white supremacy and their security team are able to come through and ? , destroy what we build with no consequence... and they showing u that they can still do the same with police brutality against blacks. Dr. Umar broke it down perfectly..in the 70s they destroyed our family unit..in the 80s they destroyed our communities with ? , 90s and 00s jail sentences, 10s police brutality... its the same ? from the civil rights era, just transformed over time. I think we need to focus on rebuilding the family unit, rebuilding community and obtaining resources rather than focusing on segregation.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Segregation, desegregation....it don't matter in the long run cause we're still oppressed. Black wallstreet is just the most prominent success story for us, but there have been many "black wallstreets" throughout history... but white supremacy and their security team are able to come through and ? , destroy what we build with no consequence... and they showing u that they can still do the same with police brutality against blacks. Dr. Umar broke it down perfectly..in the 70s they destroyed our family unit..in the 80s they destroyed our communities with ? , 90s and 00s jail sentences, 10s police brutality... its the same ? from the civil rights era, just transformed over time. I think we need to focus on rebuilding the family unit, rebuilding community and obtaining resources rather than focusing on segregation.

I think as we begin rebuilding our communities and family structures the most important thing is for us to have our

own military so that we can properly defend ourselves from outsiders who wish to harm us. Stop being afraid of

these people.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

COLLECTIVELY, how many thriving black communities exist that are on par with Jewish and Asian communities that are mostly owned by blacks? If it exists then there might be a very small amount. And I didn't say anything about Chinatown either. And finally what does Asian people living in white communities have to do with the point? Please stop deflecting.

there are actually too many successful african american communities that exist to count OR at least nobody's really tried to count. I'd estimate around 200 to my brief knowledge. Considering a successful black neighborhood as at least 65% dominated by African Americans making over 200k.
    Nobody pays attention to them bc they do not make for contributing to the narrative stereotype that people are interested in. There's nothing exciting about a black dentist going to work everyday and a black engineer living in the same neighborhood dominated by a black banker and a black who owns daycare centers and a black who is a doctor and another one a DJ for V-103, and a small business owner of a telecommunication business that sells refurbished phones. That's the neighborhood I grew up in on 6190 Rock Springs Rd, Lithonia, Ga. There are about 20 more affluent black neighborhoods in atlanta. 20 more in Maryland. There are about 10 in California that I know of. I'm not even mentioning Chicago and New York. There aren't alot compared to our numbers of how much we populate the USA, but there are too many for us to sit here and act like we don't have any.
    Now, are there many BLack cities (not communities like you stated) where are dollar transfers consistently in power to and from majority black hands and blacks are in charge of every institution in that city? No.

Here’s the statistics:
    Kettering, Maryland is 88% black and is middle class and upper middle class and has a 7% overall crime rate that is LESS than the Average of the entire United States. The total year over year crime rate decreases by 14%.
    50% of the residents are married.
    Mitchellville Maryland is hone to Upperclass Blacks- Crime rate is 24% lower than all of Maryland. Graduation rate is 8% higher than all of Maryland.
    http://www.areavibes.com/kettering-md/crime/
    Ladera Heights. Affluent Black California Community. Crime is 64% less than the rest of California. High School Graduation rate is 24% Higher than the rest of California. Median Household Income is 64% higher than the rest of California. Median Home Value is 104% higher than the rest of California.
    49% are married.
    72% of the population is African American.
    Population 7,500.

View Park-Windsor Hills, California
    Crime is 48% lower than the rest of California.
    High School Graduation rate is 20% Higher than All of California.
    Median Home Value is 36% higher than all of California.
    http://www.areavibes.com/view+park-windsor+hills-ca/livability/?ll=33.99447+-118.34776

Sandstone Estates, Lithonia, Ga.30038
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @radio_santana Besides genetic annihilation, linking up is occurring. The conscience shifted in 2012 That Dawning of the age of Aquarius is true. No pun but folks have been mad woke / aware for a few yrs. Now. We get it and the youth gonna assist with exposing the devil's as time progresses. The internet will be their demise. Watch!
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was listening to an ep of revisionist history for the first time and made me think of this thread

really hit home how much we lost and never regained after desegregation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF63VXqnrxY

interesting take on brown v. board of education and how as a result thousands of blk teachers were terminated. More than half of the black teachers employed by public schools were fired within ten years of the ruling.

dedicates almost half of the episode to how the race of teachers affects the development and success of blk students

http://www.memphis.edu/benhooks/creative-works/pdfs/payne.pdf

chris payne's "the whole united states is southern"

its his take on the impact of brown vs ed and desegregation...he speaks a lil in the video posted above
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    was listening to an ep of revisionist history for the first time and made me think of this thread

really hit home how much we lost and never regained after desegregation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF63VXqnrxY

interesting take on brown v. board of education and how as a result thousands of blk teachers were terminated. More than half of the black teachers employed by public schools were fired within ten years of the ruling.

dedicates almost half of the episode to how the race of teachers affects the development and success of blk students

http://www.memphis.edu/benhooks/creative-works/pdfs/payne.pdf

chris payne's "the whole united states is southern"

its his take on the impact of brown vs ed and desegregation...he speaks a lil in the video posted above

If you want another Nuanced look into the after affects of desegregation I would read
    Some of My Best Friends are Black by Tanner Colby

• radio_santana
    radio_santana Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to it @rickmogul.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All integration means in America is that you can't blatantly segregate. It is very real in cities like Chicago. The disproportionate distribution of resources gives testament to that.

Malcolm X was completely right about King. King went telling white folk how we just want to be alongside them. But you can't force a group of people in the position of power to do something they don't want to do and not expect them to lash out. And America has been lashing out at Black people since the Emancipation proclamation.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Malcolm X was completely right about King.

no not about everything, he also said some misguided fuckshit about MLK. Mainly the parts where he implied that the ? segregationists and KKK liked MLK Jr. That was ? of the highest order and you could see rare anger in MLK Jr eyes when he was asked about it. Malcolm never had to deal with Klansmen murdering little black kids as a direct message to him.

they squashed things before their deaths for a reason. Malcolm was becoming more moderate while King was becoming more radical. They were moving towards each other. What could have been.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/05/19/Malcolmx.king/index.html
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

no not about everything, he also said some misguided fuckshit about MLK. Mainly the parts where he implied that the ? segregationists and KKK liked MLK Jr. That was ? of the highest order and you could see rare anger in MLK Jr eyes when he was asked about it. Malcolm never had to deal with Klansmen murdering little black kids as a direct message to him.

they squashed things before their deaths for a reason. Malcolm was becoming more moderate while King was becoming more radical. They were moving towards each other. What could have been.

He may not have been right but he damn sure wasn't wrong.

White supremacists would much rather keep a foot on the neck of a profitable people then allow those people to become empowered. They see us as a threat because a black independent nation within America means a loss of billions of dollars... possibly trillions for those that benefit off of our culture, pain, and even our foolishness.

King came in giving the ? structure the best viable solution to the "? problem": integration. They couldn't ? us off like they did the Native Americans or ship us away like they do Mexicans and our population is too large to allow us the freedom to seclude our communities and resources that Asains have here. Like the saying goes, keep your enemies closer.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall love talking in circles. Go segregate yourselves the ones who want that. The end.
  • rickmogul
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hunkies will still stick they nose in our ? and still try 2 ? with us. It's an obsession dating back 2 the beginning. Can't live without us. Love our hair, and never see so many women and MEN, CACS, WHITE MALES, EDOMITES sooooo obsessed with a black man's ? ! Like the NAS song! That alone will keep them ? with us. Side note: Watch white Dr's too. Chinese use Chinese Dr's 4 a reason. Indians use Indians 4 a reason. Y do we patronize whites in medicine when all the stats ( heart rate, blood pressure and other vital signs) are all based of the European? We need 2 enroll with our own who have not only our best interest but SURVIVAL in mind. Them others ( ALL OF EM NON MELINATED) don't give a ? about us!
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

White supremacists would much rather keep a foot on the neck of a profitable people then allow those people to become empowered. They see us as a threat because a black independent nation within America means a loss of billions of dollars... possibly trillions for those that benefit off of our culture, pain, and even our foolishness.

King came in giving the ? structure the best viable solution to the "? problem": integration. They couldn't ? us off like they did the Native Americans or ship us away like they do Mexicans and our population is too large to allow us the freedom to seclude our communities and resources that Asains have here. Like the saying goes, keep your enemies closer.

What? White supremacists hated King. More than Malcolm and most, if not all, people. Malcolm had much more in common with white supremacists than some people would like to think. We all know that the NOI and the American ? Party, for example, had that weird "alliance." Both supported segregation/separatism and opposed integration. Those white supremacists hated integration more than they hated a separatist black nation, that is, if they even thought that was remotely possible.

I also think your general criticism of King is flawed, but that's another story.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

What? White supremacists hated King. More than Malcolm and most, if not all, people. Malcolm had much more in common with white supremacists than some people would like to think. We all know that the NOI and the American ? Party, for example, had that weird "alliance." Both supported segregation/separatism and opposed integration. Those white supremacists hated integration more than they hated a separatist black nation, that is, if they even thought that was remotely possible.

I also think your general criticism of King is flawed, but that's another story.

a black nation is a concentrated target.

this is why they wanted us all to stay within the projects.

easier to watch and control within the space they allowed.

look at the growth outside the space allowed.

i think yall getting integration mixed up with assimilation.

i can be around around you without becoming you or like you.

been around killers and black people and been around hipsters and white people.....

you are as strong as your mindframe.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

been around killers and black people and been around hipsters and white people.....

Humans naturally assimilate to what they deem as successful....from birth to the graveyard....so to say we could exists as a whole within and not assimilate is not realistic especially without control of the media, economics, and politics.....

Even with the growth outside the projects the behavior/attitude is not much different from Europeans....in fact we all know how bourgeoisie These "college educated I made it out the hood and moved into a white neighborhood" people can be....there is literally no difference other than skin color....in fact the black upper class has failed to create avenues for the middle and lower class to reach their class, they would much rather things remain the same so they can enjoy that "hnic" feeling when they drive by another brother or sister with less...now this is generalizing as I know not all upperclass blacks act like this but as a whole...yeah they get out and forget

Give me one example of the descendants of slaves integrating with the oppressors and remaining Un-influenced...

I think a lot of us are glamorizing our points and speaking of them in perfect worlds... but if we add history and context to these points , it will become much more clear....hell look at these first generation immigrant children....one generation in America and the children are westernized.....
  • rickmogul
    Options
    Nah, a great segment of us love Hunkies 2 much. Still think their sugar is sweeter and ice is colder.
  • soul rattler
    Options

King came in giving the ? structure the best viable solution to the "? problem": integration. They couldn't ? us off like they did the Native Americans or ship us away like they do Mexicans and our population is too large to allow us the freedom to seclude our communities and resources that Asians have here. Like the saying goes, keep your enemies closer.

I didn't say they loved King, I'm saying they preferred King to the far more scarier ramifications of seperation.

And don't sit there and disrespect X by making ridiculous comparisons between him and white racists.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What a trash post. The NOI's ideology wasn't and isn't rooted in racial supremacy, violence, hatred and purity. The NOI ideology and stance on separatism\segregation is a reaction due to centuries of violence, deceit, exploitation,? and torture of Black and brown people. Equating the NOI with ? 's and white supremacy is not only Lazy but flat out false.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

Humans naturally assimilate to what they deem as successful....from birth to the graveyard....so to say we could exists as a whole within and not assimilate is not realistic especially without control of the media, economics, and politics.....

Even with the growth outside the projects the behavior/attitude is not much different from Europeans....in fact we all know how bourgeoisie These "college educated I made it out the hood and moved into a white neighborhood" people can be....there is literally no difference other than skin color....in fact the black upper class has failed to create avenues for the middle and lower class to reach their class, they would much rather things remain the same so they can enjoy that "hnic" feeling when they drive by another brother or sister with less...now this is generalizing as I know not all upperclass blacks act like this but as a whole...yeah they get out and forget

Give me one example of the descendants of slaves integrating with the oppressors and remaining Un-influenced...

I think a lot of us are glamorizing our points and speaking of them in perfect worlds... but if we add history and context to these points , it will become much more clear....hell look at these first generation immigrant children....one generation in America and the children are westernized.....

no ...i disagree.

lets just take the hood for example.

while alot of us only seen the local dope boys as successful..only a few wanted to venture into that life(at that particular era) because while we seen the spoils we also seen the repercussions..

now move into a white hood...what is deemed as successful we need to copy? most of us move for the school systems and housing investments....not because of we want to be accepted. we are looking at an investment in our family..which will be our future.

Now...with our kids growing up their...they may take on what they are growing up around..because we tend to often shield them from how we grew and the horrors we seen. this is the approach to a better life from where we grew up at. Now that we have more successful black communities......more blacks that make it out will want to establish themselves in those type communities.....but it always takes the sacrifice of a few to pull up others.

the people you are speaking on had a problem with who they are from the get go. that aint got ? to do with what im talking about.

an if we talk about influence......black people have more influence than anyone.....im talking american blacks. we actually have more influence than white people....its just that white people are in control and can control the media and the image of how black people are.