The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Tony isn't dying
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Captain America does in the first Infinity War. Thanos kills him while he was protecting others. There's no other way for him to go. In the Infinity War sequel, Cap shows up in flashbacks as the avengers get revenge for Captain. I might cry seeing Cap die

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Vision too since he has an infinity stone in his head. He aint making it out unscathed either
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Tony isn't dying

Yea I think he just retires and may run the avengers strictly from the office side or disappears and shows up sporadically throught the future mcu
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Tony will be like Samuel L Jackson character .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah tony wont die, but Downey will retire from MCU within the next 2 years I'm guessing.

Like joker mentioned though, i think Stark will still be a character in the MCU and downey might appear for the occasional cameo in the next couple phases, but nothing major. Might just see him in a news story or a visit to the Avengers.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Now that I think about it ... that's how avengers 4 ends. With the avengers officially dissambled. Then you can focus on solely with the solo movies while you have something in the background that causes the avengers to assemble again. And this team would be probably spidey, strange, BP, antman, Thor, Scarlett witch, captain marvel.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Strange and Thor ain't gonna get along. It's gonna be good. I don't think Thor going anywhere. Helmsworth ain't got nothing else to do with his acting career. That's good job security
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Tony isn't dying

i dont know man , after that engagement announcement i thought it was a wrap.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Pepper Potts was looking Good AF in Homecoming. Dont know why i just remembered her cameo now.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    After Infinity War, would yall rather see the Mantles of Cap and Iron Man (assuming Downey retires. Evans has been confirmed pretty much) passed on to a younger/different character? or just retire the heroes for awhile?

They got Bucky and Sam for Cap, could easily introduce that young girl to take over as Iron man.

I think i would prefer to see Bucky stay Winter Soldier and have his own set of films one day maybe.

Just retire em or have em play the background with different actors/characters playing the role. In RDJs case they've alrdy made it where Tony can have an impact on the events without having to be there. For characters like Spidey, Strange and BP(my 3 favorite of the new phase) to get their due they need to move past the first lineup.
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    After Infinity War, would yall rather see the Mantles of Cap and Iron Man (assuming Downey retires. Evans has been confirmed pretty much) passed on to a younger/different character? or just retire the heroes for awhile?

They got Bucky and Sam for Cap, could easily introduce that young girl to take over as Iron man.

I think i would prefer to see Bucky stay Winter Soldier and have his own set of films one day maybe.

Just retire em or have em play the background with different actors/characters playing the role. In RDJs case they've alrdy made it where Tony can have an impact on the events without having to be there. For characters like Spidey, Strange and BP(my 3 favorite of the new phase) to get their due they need to move past the first lineup.

word.. Sam Jackson was key setting ? up but nobody missed him that much once he took a backseat and went missing.

That being said I do kinda wish he was in Black Panther tho.. all that black excellence
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    Kairo wrote: »

word.. Sam Jackson was key setting ? up but nobody missed him that much once he took a backseat and went missing.

That being said I do kinda wish he was in Black Panther tho.. all that black excellence

How we know he's not?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Btw, I'd love a role for Morgan Freeman in the mcu. He should have played the ancient one
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    It'll be dope if they were able to use Doctor Strange to bring in Deadpool or The X Men.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just got back from seeing Homecoming. bit late to the party lol

it was good but I'd honestly rank it #4 behind Logan, GOTG2 and WW
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Loved Homecoming. Didn't find the humor corny like in some other Marvel movies.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A character Coogler loved reading about as a kid is now on pace to get his own solo movie set in the MCU and the Creed director is a large reason why.

The best part of it all? Coogler told EW that after he was hired to write and direct one of Marvel’s latest entries, he and his wife went back to visit the same comic store he found his first Black Panther comic and just like that, the most recent Black Panther run remained in the same exact spot.

c9y8jsvf4tg3.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Marvel's Black Panther Villain M'Baku Will Not Use 'Man-Ape' Name

Marvel's Black Panther has shot to the top echelon of most-anticipated upcoming comic book movies, thanks in large part to a slick and stylish first trailer, which has opened up the nation of Wakanda to a world of viewers who may never have experienced it before.

Thanks to a recent magazine feature, we are learning (and seeing) more and more of what director Ryan Coogler has done with Black Panther - and now we know a bit more about one of the several Marvel Comics villains that appear in the film!

According to EW's feature, Marvel fans hoping to see the character of "Man-Ape" onscreen in the live-action film, need to re-align their expectations. The character of M'Baku (played by Person of Interest star Winston Duke) will NOT be going by his colorful (read: silly) comic book alter-ego name in the film.

According to Black Panther executive producer Nate Moore, "We don't call him Man-Ape, We do call him M'Baku."

marvel-black-panther-man-ape-mbaku-name-1009751.jpg

As with everything surrounding Black Panther (even the hero's name / the movie's title), there is a cultural sensitivity component that must be considered. As Moore acknowledges:

“Having a black character dress up as an ape, I think there’s a lot of racial implications that don’t sit well, if done wrong."

This is not the first time that Marvel has had to circumvent this type of problem: Iron Man 3 had to find a way to do a version of The Mandarin that wouldn't offend as a horrible Asian stereotype; and Doctor Strange caught flack for changing "The Ancient One" to avoid a similarly loaded stereotype.

It just goes to show: for all the great creative ideas and characters Marvel has put out, a lot of them date back to a time when cultural awareness and sensitivity was not nearly as prevalent as it is today.

As for how M'Baku fits into Black Panther's storyline? Moore says:

“You learn that M’Baku is essentially the head of the religious minority in Wakanda and we thought that was interesting. Wakanda is not a monolithic place. They have a lot of different factions...the idea that they [M'Baku's mountain tribe] worship the gorilla gods is interesting because it’s a movie about the Black Panther who, himself, is a sort of deity in his own right.

In M’Baku’s worldview, T’Chaka made a huge mistake going to the U.N. 'We should never engage with the outside world. That’s a terrible mistake. And if his son is anything like his father, I don’t support him being on the throne.'”

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/07/13/jmarvel-black-panther-mbaku-man-apen-name/
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ain't nobody gonna mention how WOAT aunt may ass was looking in the movie?

Long as a butt cheeks lol
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So ain't nobody gonna mention how WOAT aunt may ass was looking in the movie?

Long as a butt cheeks lol

no because I didn't watch the movie to see aunt may
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Are they going to have the supposed Punisher cameo in Winter Soldier driving the truck helping out Fury or was that just a bs rumor?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Is that Cap's shield?