Options

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Umar clarified his douglass relation statement, he is not a direct descendant of Fred but he is of Fred's cousin......

You know your right when they attack your character and not your message....cause if the message was wrong that would be the first response

People have said what their issue is with his message many times...any issue is always dismissed as a deflection from a black man talking about issues for black people

People so confused they dont know the difference between an error laden impractical nonsensical message that feeds on emotion and bilks the most vulnerable, and the need for real messages that make sense in the world we live and can lead to real solutions. First off if its just simply not true, and/or goes no where thats a big red flag right there. Then if someone cant even be verified in this age of info, and others have come out to say who they say they are, isnt who they are, thats just another step in a noticible pattern. If the message leads to confusion and political impotency, how does that help? And who does it help?...so get these youtube clowns out of here and get the real in there.

Real solutions and changes are impractical, nonsensical and sometimes error laden....

Hmmm interesting. We dont need people like this blatantly lying and misleading the most vulnerable for the easy buck, but there is also an element of the unknown to consider. At any rate My thing is its beyond these types. And basically in a whole other direction.
    Easy buck ?? Of course not...and I don't know if umar is after money....I don't give him none...but if he is...I will most definitely condem him as I do not agree in robbing the poor

But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get about 50-100 soldiers inside a Trojan horse headed into the heart of the enemy to make a difference in your condition....

I think in the next 50 years protest will turn into what you consider nonsensical and impractical ...and I believe then we will see more immediate results whether they be in our favor or not

And I don't mean violence necessarily ....imo the bus boycott was impractical and maybe nonsensical depending on your point of view but it yielded results pretty quickly
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk bro. If you tell me I don't have a degree, wouldn't I take a picture of the diploma to end the debate? Seems simple enough to me.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the debate could be ended by anyone. the national clearinghouse charges 24.95 for degree verification. anyone can go and type in Jermaine shoemake aka umar r Abdullah Johnson and found out which schools he attended and degrees received and when received. he himself can show the paperwork. he enjoys this controversy and the folks arguing with him about it like it for the attention they get.

its good for ratings and popularity
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    Why isn't there a screen shot or video of that website confirming or debunking???? If it's only 30 bucks???

Certainly the traffic from views would possibly compensate you for spending thirty dollars to find out if umar is legit or not....it's 2017 we know the website yet there are no videos or screen shots going viral??
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why isn't there a screen shot or video of that website confirming or debunking???? If it's only 30 bucks???

Certainly the traffic from views would possibly compensate you for spending thirty dollars to find out if umar is legit or not....it's 2017 we know the website yet there are no videos or screen shots going viral??

You ask the same for Umar
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? making rules for Umar now. The burden is always on the person making a claim to verify it's veracity.

I beat MJ, AI , and Kobe in a 3 vs 1 Bball game. Prove me wrong.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umar give a ? to prove this shouldnt even be a question a black man a doctor...he must be lying gtoh..he told u the school now go play some where ..an fred married a ? at 80 as a ? sucker
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    ? making rules for Umar now. The burden is always on the person making a claim to verify it's veracity.

lol they've never played a game together 3 v any one person ever.....lol don't even have to verify it....not even at basketball camps
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

Here u go cuz I ain't paying. I really don't care if he is or isn't a ph d. I realize this is a game to all involved. He loves this ? and these radio stations and tv stations love it as well.

https://nscverifications.org

Tell em semi sent you. 10% off today only
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    the debate could be ended by anyone. the national clearinghouse charges 24.95 for degree verification. anyone can go and type in Jermaine shoemake aka umar r Abdullah Johnson and found out which schools he attended and degrees received and when received. he himself can show the paperwork. he enjoys this controversy and the folks arguing with him about it like it for the attention they get.

Nah,

I think people want it resolved....

There have been articles written and websites published on it...

http://afrikan-resistance.blogspot.com/2015/12/evidence-and-facts-vs-fraud-and.html?m=1

http://www.theroot.com/we-fact-checked-umar-johnsons-hotep-tantrum-with-roland-1796798532

The school Johnson claims he attended for his doctorate—the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine—also participates in the National Student Clearinghouse. It could not verify a degree under any variation of the name Umar Abdullah-Johnson or under Johnson’s birth name, Jermaine Shoemake.

So no, the National Student Clearinghouse can not verify his PhD....

• semi-auto-mato
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Nah,

The school Johnson claims he attended for his doctorate—the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine—also participates in the National Student Clearinghouse. It could not verify a degree under any variation of the name Umar Abdullah-Johnson or under Johnson’s birth name, Jermaine Shoemake.

U just ended the debate. If the school participates and they couldn't verify his ph d then he ain't got one. Did they at least verify enrollment at some point or is he just straight up lying?
  • bambu
    Options

Nah,

U just ended the debate. If the school participates and they couldn't verify his ph d then he ain't got one. Did they at least verify enrollment at some point or is he just straight up lying?

He was listed as a doctoral candidate in 2009....

But, that's it.....

Never made the graduation.....

And there is evidence that he was calling himself Dr as early as 2006.....

• semi-auto-mato
    Options

Nah,

He was listed as a doctoral candidate in 2009....

But, that's it.....

Never made the graduation.....

And there is evidence that he was calling himself Dr as early as 2006.....

Lol damn
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol they've never played a game together 3 v any one person ever.....lol don't even have to verify it....not even at basketball camps

Yes, they did, right in my backyard. I whooped their ? too. I had 30 pts in a game of 21, 10 assists to myself, 15 rebounds, 10 blocks, and 11 steals. They wanted to run it back, but I told them to wait until they got some game. See, I'm saying it happened and I've provided details, so I've proven it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, they did, right in my backyard. I whooped their ? too. I had 30 pts in a game of 21, 10 assists to myself, 15 rebounds, 10 blocks, and 11 steals. They wanted to run it back, but I told them to wait until they got some game. See, I'm saying it happened and I've provided details, so I've proven it.

I saw the game...

I recorded it...but my phone was stolen.

Ehh should I prove it happened?
  • jetlifebih
    Options

But there's not even circumstantial evidence such as you even knowing one of the two (the website confirmed umars undergraduate status and areas he earned his degree in like school psychology, it's just the doctorates that is missing even though he was a canidate)

Now if you can provide circumstantial evidence that would move you closer towards your claim then I'd entertain this but your reaching with the analogy...i understand what you are saying but usually when people say they have phds nobody asks them to produce there diplomas....my father has his phd in psychology and is never questioned even as to where he completed his degree....

I saw the game...

I recorded it...but my phone was stolen.

Ehh should I prove it happened?

If you could also provide circumstantial evidence that would even put you in the backyard with a cell phone I'd entertain this one too but your making the claim with 0 evidence like I said there's evidence umar may have completed his doctorates which is why it's still up for discussion....
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Nah,

http://afrikan-resistance.blogspot.com/2015/12/evidence-and-facts-vs-fraud-and.html?m=1

http://www.theroot.com/we-fact-checked-umar-johnsons-hotep-tantrum-with-roland-1796798532

Why didn't the root post the screenshot or video??

They could be piggy backing off the claim that he is not on the site

A pic or video would shut everything down...but here say gets ? off cases so.......
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "You're a ? " is the quote of the year so far.

Pro-black / black conscious / kemetic / black Hebrews need to call out more of this. And date / marry more black women. Our cultural contributions to America are being gentrified just like our music. If you're serving the oppressor, then you might be a supremacist and a ? . Psychological warfare is making us forget who we were.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welp!!!!!!! Looks like he's a DR. UMAR JOHNSON

? all you ? ? ass ?

ww.theroot.com/i-was-wrong-his-name-is-doctor-umar-johnson-1797016800
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so now does his points have merit?

or do we have to bring up the stripper next and ask where the school is?

@bambu
    whats up bruh. a bit under the weather today?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bambu

When the hate doesn't work they start telling liessssss
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

@bambu

When the hate doesn't work they start telling liessssss

Unbelievable... Seriously. That's why I told these goofy ? to debate the message but they had to get personal.
  • bambu
    edited July 2017
    Options

@bambu

I can admit to being wrong....

Like I said, the degree itself is not necessary to accomplish anything......

Most people would have squashed it immediately....

But to each his own....

As far as the other ? , I also said I didn't really care about his personal stuff (strippers)...

However, my point remains about his actions remains... (He is mostly a lecturer)

I think there are better ways to address the issues in education...

I hope his school is successful...

But, if I were to shop for black schools to support....

I would shop with one of the more credible or established African American educators and schools....

• jetlifebih
    Options
    @Revolver Ocelot

Bring that ass here boy....you wacked my post....

I knew it was funny when in 2017 mfs ain't got a screen shot or video of this claim and it's this easy???

Thread will probably die now ....