• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unanimous decision to Eubank Jr
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Alotta boxing on tonight...HBO, FOX and Facebook Live.
    What times so everyone will know
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ghost is done
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Omar ? ghost up.

Omar bout that action
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DVR'd the fights, I'm out and about but just read Ghost got TKO'd in 3 and knocked down 5 times. No surprise there haha

That man need to retire.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt get to see I'm watch in Fs1 now though
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Didnt get to see I'm watch in Fs1 now though

Hbo better. Good fight
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Smith bout to get Koed
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooooo Joe Smith was a fluke huh?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Sooooo Joe Smith was a fluke huh?

I think he's decent. He has real power.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Smith bout to get Koed

What channel
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Smith bout to get Koed

What channel

Hbo. They on the main event now
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember takin my kid into Omar dessing room hallway when he fought Ricky Burns.he a cool mufucka, I like Omar...But it look like Robert just needed a paycheck, his wife is sick right? Had to get that bread right..
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Couple casuals done ran up on me at work geeked af bout floyd, connor n these clown show pressers. Ppl are so dumb, ppl irl are really excited for this. But my question is, will all this excitement equal high ppv numbers? Esp since all of the talking heads on tv are saying floyd wins easy (duh lol). With some ppl sayin connor might not even land a punch lol
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vegas has the over under at 4.9m buys.

I think it could surpass that imo.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-ort2-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20032114_10155069469328411_565108696941767858_n.jpg?oh=08d69a1feed42d9aae93d4b423b99cc8&oe=5A032FA4[/img]
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-explains-why-ditching-hbo-espn-right-move--118581
    Arum Explains Why Ditching HBO For ESPN Was The Right Move

A few weeks ago, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed the new direction for his company - a direction where their top fighters like Manny Pacquiao, Vasyl Lomachenko and Terence Crawford were being shifted from a premium channel like HBO to the free airwaves of ESPN.

While two of them have traded a lot of verbal jabs over the years, Arum admires the the television structure and marketing plan by the UFC and their company president Dana White.

“The UFC showed us that you need free television to advertise your product to people to become familiar with,” Arum said to The Las Vegas Review Journal. “Their deal with Fox helped make UFC the product it became, while we in boxing were limiting ourselves to premium networks.”

On July 1, Top Rank had their first major show on ESPN - which showcased their biggest star, Manny Pacquiao, who lost an controversial twelve round decision to Jeff Horn in Brisbane, Australia.

The contest became the most-watched boxing event on cable since 2006 and the peak of 4.4 million viewers gave ESPN their highest-rated boxing event since 1995.

Arum believes the way HBO has been building up pay-per-view events has become tired and boring. He points directly to the lackluster performance of the recent HBO Pay-Per-View rematch between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev. Also citing the UFC's strategy, Arum now feel confident in his ability to properly sell a future pay-per-view card.

“I always believed that once we could get our best product on a network like ESPN, with the way ESPN promotes its shows with college football, professional football, that we would do (big) ratings,” Arum said. “Nothing against HBO and Showtime, but they are premium channels that mostly do entertainment and a little bit of sports and boxing. They are not sports stations, and no one covers sports better than ESPN.”

“We limited our market to that premium television, which was really in the business of selling ‘The Sopranos’ and selling other great shows to subscribers, that didn’t have the bandwidth to promote the sport. Initially, they did and then it was less and less, so you see a fight like we had with Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward on pay per view, and HBO was scripting, they did the old tired ‘24/7,’ which was never revised. They put it on after some show and it maybe did 100,000 viewers.

“That’s not the way to promote a major sport. UFC knew how to promote a major sport using FS1, using Fox. Doing product free to the public, so when they did a PPV show they had a built-in audience.”
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ scamma Bob finally speakin tha truth for once in his life
  • marc123
    Options
    when it comes to average americans, you cant compare nfl and cfb to boxing. lol @ arum

either way, im cool with more boxing on espn
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ Connor odds of beating Floyd higher than Maidana, Cotto and a lot of others
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

fukk pac still...but this should be humbling to him about what it really was.

i kinda feel bad for the lil ? .

he was probably invited to the house and family vacations...now cant even get a call back.

lets see who stays loyal when that money stops.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-guerrero-announces-retirement-from-boxing--118611

Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero to announces his retirement from boxing.

GILROY, CA - After giving fans some of the most thrilling fights in boxing, which spanned over sixteen hard fought years, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero is announcing his retirement. 

"First, I want to thank ? for allowing me to have a wonderful career.  I'm a kid from a small town in Gilroy, California, who made it to the mountain top of the boxing world. When I was a young kid growing up, I always believed in myself, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a small-town kid like myself, would be fighting in front of millions of fans."

"I was blessed to win multiple world titles in four-divisions.  A boxer's career is a long and tough road. Many tears were shed, lots of blood, and tons of sweat.  Many miles were traveled, thousands of rounds sparred, none were easy and nothing was ever given to me. I earned everything I got the old fashion way.  I never ducked anyone and fought the best fighters in the world.  I fought my way through every obstacle to make sure my fans enjoyed every second, of every round, of my fights."

"I competed at super-bantamweight (122 lbs.) and won world titles across multiple weight classes, closing my career at welterweight (147 lbs.), fighting the big guys 25 pounds heavier.  A good friend always told me I was ? 's warrior, born to fight.  I enjoyed every minute of every war.  I represented my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with the bible verse Acts 2:38 on my trunks. If I reached one person and brought that person closer to Christ, then it was all worth it."

"I want to thank some very important people in my career starting with the most important person, my wife Casey, who has been with me every step of the way, my soul mate, my sweetheart, the one and only love of my life.  My father/trainer Ruben Guerrero Sr.  He's the one who started it all and made me the man I am today, and the champion I was in the ring.  He's one of the best trainers in the world and I hope to be working side by side with him in the future.  My mother Marcy Guerrero for being a great mother and supporter.  My co-manager Bob Santos for all the sacrifices he made to get me to the top...I will always remember the early days when we made the most with very liitle.  He always had my back and looked out for me like I was his brother.  His wife Diane Santos who did a lot of secretarial work for me during my whole career. Both my grandparents on Martinez and Guerrero sides for believing in me. My brother's Sammy, Ruben Jr., Victor, Randy and especially Eric, who has been with me my whole career, my shadow every step of the way, my right-hand man.  My mother and father in-law, Shelly and Cary O'neal.  My cutman Ruben Gomez.  My good friends, Pastor Mark Wilson, Dave Castro, Pastor Chris Avila, John Mersho, and Albert Guarado.  My uncle Russel Sr., Russel Jr., Uncle Ricky, Hector Catano and Greg Amundson.  I want to thank my co-manager Luis Decubas Jr. for taking my career to the next level.  Santos and Decubas Jr. are more than managers, they are family to me.  My publicist Mario Serrano, who has also been with me the whole ride, he is also family to me. All the fans and the community who stuck by my side when my wife was battling cancer...I will never forget the love you showed.  There are so many people who have helped me, if I leave anyone off, thank you for everything."

"In closing, I want to thank the most special man I've ever met in my boxing career, and possibly lifetime, a man who always does what's best for the fighter, a man who has changed the sport of boxing, a man who has helped bless me and my family with a great life, and that person is my advisor Al Haymon.   Not only is Al Haymon a spectacular advisor, he is a wonderful human being as well, a great man, and someone who cares.  In a sport where most managers, promoters, and trainers turn their back on a fighter, when they no longer can perform, or are no longer beneficial to their interest, Haymon stands tall. Love and loyalty is tough to find in the boxing game, but for any boxer looking for it, you don't have to look far, reach out to Al Haymon.  I want to thank everyone, the fans included.  I hope you guys appreciated the guts and glory I left in the ring.  ? bless you all." ~ Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aside from Canelo, all of Floyd's opponents have pretty much wilted after they fought him. Sad!