What are blacks native to other countries identified as?

Options
b'mer...
b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was curious about this, so i googled it. I came across this response.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-black-people-referred-to-as-in-countries-outside-the-United-States

I agreed with most of it...

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very interesting topic....i cant wait to read the response after game of thrones
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they speak English I already know tha answer
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

american , british or african?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fun fact.. we are referred to whatever our oppressor named us!!!!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

soo.... ? ?
  • Olorun22
    Options

soo.... ? ?

Naw.. I'm talking names like Ghana, African, Jamaica, hatitian etc .. are names give by the white man
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

soo.... ? ?

Naw.. I'm talking names like Ghana, African, Jamaica, hatitian etc .. are names give by the white man

awwww ? .

im now here only to watch
  • Olorun22
    Options

soo.... ? ?

awwww ? .

Naw contribute.. let us know your input
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

soo.... ? ?

awwww ? .

Naw contribute.. let us know your input

oh, i will

what you just stated will(or should) dig into peoples pysche.

i have learned more ? living between countries and continents within the last 3-4 years than i think i have learned my entire life. especially about black people and what we allow and accept.

what you said has alot of truth. im just curious thats all.

thats why i am reserving my stance and opinion...for now.
  • b'mer...
    Options
    Its true. Thats why i never recognize myself as being african-american. Besides the fact that my family and im pretty sure the rest of us here in the i.c families are native to america. But the name of the motherland is named after the roman conqueror scipio africanus. So, to call yourself african in any capacity is brainwashing..thats one reason i dont understand about dr umar johnson...
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

american , british or african?

Don't Matta lazy is a universal word
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

soo.... ? ?

Africa was based on Iffrikiya, ol north african (HA) empire.

All are nationalities were named by someone else. Not to downplay your point because there are more than enough folk who call themselves as how their rulers/oppressors labeled them - prime example being the jews lol - just relativizing ? here.

The enemy made us a people is a old common saying. The dutch called themselves a name given by the spanish, spanish thought ? would divide em but it united them etc
  • b'mer...
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @HundredEyes nice knowledge drop bruh! Im gonna have to dig into my studies a lil more. Any credible sources u suggest for that info fam?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Country then tribe. From my understanding and talks with Africans, you ask where they're from they'll tell you the country. Usually you have to ask what ethnic/culture specifically.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    Its true. Thats why i never recognize myself as being african-american. Besides the fact that my family and im pretty sure the rest of us here in the i.c families are native to america. But the name of the motherland is named after the roman conqueror scipio africanus. So, to call yourself african in any capacity is brainwashing..thats one reason i dont understand about dr umar johnson...

So what do u call yourself?
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

So what do u call yourself?

toby
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One thing Im on nowadays is I dont get so hung up on those types of labels. While others are trying to put themselves and others in boxes Im focusing on winning. Because your right, what does those labels mean anyway? As much as you make it mean. This is something everybody doesnt necessarily do and just me, but I check wish not to disclose on racial questions. That aint got nothing to do with me getting this job or whatever. But it may matter to them.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah that dude is confused on his message. If you think about it for any time you see holes abound. Yeah he uses European ideas, standards, phrases, ideas and puts things in those pre existing "boxes" but claims to be about "panAfricanism" he's starting from a faulty,unbalanced position. It would need substantial untangling to begin to really be anything going somewhere functionally.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most blacks in other countries identify by their nationality.........not their race.
  • b'mer...
    Options
    @Stew i call myself black
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    @Stew i call myself black

Do u check ppl when they call you an African American?
  • b'mer...
    Options
    Respectfully...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottom line, we speak English.

There's nothing stupider than a so-called "Back to Africa" preacher calling the white man the "devil" while speaking English.

If Black people ever want to reindoctrinate ourselves we need to stop speaking English and create our own language.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only way to solve this in some degree is to willfuly learn about urfamily history and embrace it.