Who Is Smarter - A Ph.D With No Kids or a High School Diploma With 10 Kids?

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    High School Diploma With 10 Kids Is Smarter
    Westie wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    What does the general ability someone has to procreate have to do with intelligence?

Some people are so dumb they don't reproduce. They have a lot of book knowledge, but they never get girls pregnant.

what-suspicious.gif

How is that dumb?

Years from now you have the opportunity to have thousands of descendants. If you have 10 kids and they each have 3 or 4 kids, who each have another 3 or 4 kids pretty soon you have a family with hundreds of cousins that all descend from you. After 200 years you'll have over 1,000 descendants.

Who wouldn't want that?

And if you're so smart, why wouldn't you want to pass your intellectual superiority to another generation?

That's about perspective. It's not important to everyone to have their bloodline continued.

Why not?

It seems like the absolute most important thing I can think of.

I think reproducing is more important than going to college.

Thats the point of this thread, to see what people think is more important, college or reproduction?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does the general ability someone has to procreate have to do with intelligence?

Some people are so dumb they don't reproduce. They have a lot of book knowledge, but they never get girls pregnant.

what-suspicious.gif

How is that dumb?

Years from now you have the opportunity to have thousands of descendants. If you have 10 kids and they each have 3 or 4 kids, who each have another 3 or 4 kids pretty soon you have a family with hundreds of cousins that all descend from you. After 200 years you'll have over 1,000 descendants.

Who wouldn't want that?

And if you're so smart, why wouldn't you want to pass your intellectual superiority to another generation?

That's about perspective. It's not important to everyone to have their bloodline continued.

Why not?

Thats the point of this thread, to see what people think is more important, college or reproduction?

Yeah some people dont care about that. I guess if its not you its not you. There are people who dont care about any of that for various reasons. I dont care what goes on here when Im gone. I'll be gone. Not having kids makes that more peaceful. Plus people are focusing on them, now. And its just not practical for people to have kids. etc. But as far as what goes on when Im gone, thats not my concern and I like it that way. Who knows whats going to be going on in a million years or if the world will still be here. Not something Im interested in. Doesnt mean not to try to make the world better and whatnot while here but everybody has their own path. Cant project yours on them.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Also thats good. Its not feasible or a good idea for everybody to reproduce. I never understood why people get upset or even care. Thats less competition for resources for the ones that are here. The world is already getting more crowded. These people are cool really.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    I feel like if you die before you reproduce then you're a loser.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How is it smart that your so smart that your population is in a crisis????

That's not very "educated" or "smart" ...it's like their intelligence is going to be the death of them....

People aren't having children to keep their populations going.
    Populations simply keep growing because people keep ? , and ? begets children.

It seems to me that the smartest thing a man can do is have as many children with as many women as possible.

Why is that the smartest thing a man can do? Seems more reckless and pretentious than anything.
    Especially since saying "I want to have as many kids with as many women as possible" to any sensible person would make you look/sound like a ? .

I doubt it's a coincidence that the dumbest viewpoints are coming from those most eager to spread their seed.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

That's not very "educated" or "smart" ...it's like their intelligence is going to be the death of them....

It seems to me that the smartest thing a man can do is have as many children with as many women as possible.

Why is that the smartest thing a man can do? Seems more reckless and pretentious than anything.
    Especially since saying "I want to have as many kids with as many women as possible" to any sensible person would make you look/sound like a ? .

I doubt it's a coincidence that the dumbest viewpoints are coming from those most eager to spread their seed.

You're a Neanderthal.

You don't reproduce so people like you are on the verge of extinction.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're a Neanderthal.

I called you dumb because your argument is ? .
    But you called me a neanderthal, why? To have something to say?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    You're a Neanderthal.

I called you dumb because your argument is ? .
    But you called me a neanderthal, why? To have something to say?

If you really want me to explain it I will;

Biology teaches us that people are ? Sapiens. But here's my theory; Within the species of ? sapiens there are sub species; Neanderthals and Human Beings. Neanderthals don't reproduce and Humans do.

In otherwords, there are people walking around that are Neanderthals. In theory they could mate with another Neanderthal but it never happens. As a result these people die without passing their genes. Thats why they're on the verge of extinction.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How many kids you got?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

why do we have a "natural" urge to ? ??

Why do we have the natural urge to eat??

Why do we have the natural urge to survive??

People are having children to keep their population going....not because they are cheap to raise....

Ignore this dumb quote ? trapped around my post @BEAM
  • 5 Grand
    Options

How many kids you got?

I started when I was very young.

I'm a grandparent.
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How many kids you got?

I started when I was very young.

I'm a grandparent.

by83p6ft3sxr.png
  • NoCompetition
    Options

Haha "I dont get why people dont want their kids in a world full of people like me"? Thats part of the reason look at all the reckless nonsense. Why would they even care anyway? "Bring someone to deal with my nonsense." Flaws on flaws. Misery loves company.

When your gone, I would think you wouldnt be tied to such Earthly labels. I dont care about any of this and Im alive right now. I think i get the principle though I'd feel like a loser if I didnt have my house and other things. So I guess its what you feel you need to do. Varies by person.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man lock this ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ procreation being the measure of intelligence. Dumb ppl have kids all the time. Are they suddenly a genius because they spit out some kids?
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what-suspicious.gif

How is that dumb?

Who wouldn't want that?

Why not?

the key word in that sentence is "I". You think that, great. Not everybody thinks that way it doesn't make them stupid it makes them different. honestly this world has enough people in it our population isn't going to die anytime soon. this is not the handmaid's tale.

I can understand that stance if you're into politics, or you're a king or some ? . Or you even have generational wealth. Otherwise what makes your bloodline so special? "Smart" isn't that rare. I'm sure there's somebody else in this world with your last name. What the hell does it matter when you're dead?

also, people use reproducing as a way to prove their worth. that's rather selfish and short-sighted, and it also creates children that can't be properly cared for. This creates a major problem in society. You should have more foresight than to reproduce simply because you want your DNA spread around the world. That's socially irresponsible.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zuckerberg nor Jobs finished college, nor did Bill Gates
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what-suspicious.gif

How is that dumb?

Who wouldn't want that?

Why not?

the key word in that sentence is "I". You think that, great. Not everybody thinks that way it doesn't make them stupid it makes them different. honestly this world has enough people in it our population isn't going to die anytime soon. this is not the handmaid's tale.

I can understand that stance if you're into politics, or you're a king or some ? . Or you even have generational wealth. Otherwise what makes your bloodline so special? "Smart" isn't that rare. I'm sure there's somebody else in this world with your last name. What the hell does it matter when you're dead?

also, people use reproducing as a way to prove their worth. that's rather selfish and short-sighted, and it also creates children that can't be properly cared for. This creates a major problem in society. You should have more foresight than to reproduce simply because you want your DNA spread around the world. That's socially irresponsible.

And on the contrary??

Is achieving phd status more important??

Not just you but a lot of y'all are only addressing one side while the question was which is smarter phd or kids , and this is a 2 sided question so saying having kids doesn't make you smart makes a good point but doesn't answer the question it only addresses half of it...

Now surely having kids doesn't make you smart(neither does having a phd) but which choice is smarter in yalls opinion??
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

And in 100 yrs we won't know or give a ? about their kids cuz more than likely they won't do 1/10th of what their parents achieved.

Seems like the only reason t/s brought this up is to say why not have kids so you can pass it on to your kids, which is fair. But if you have nothing to pass on, what's the point of having kids?
  • Westie
    Options

what-suspicious.gif

How is that dumb?

Who wouldn't want that?

Why not?

And on the contrary??

Is achieving phd status more important??

Not just you but a lot of y'all are only addressing one side while the question was which is smarter phd or kids , and this is a 2 sided question so saying having kids doesn't make you smart makes a good point but doesn't answer the question it only addresses half of it...

Now surely having kids doesn't make you smart(neither does having a phd) but which choice is smarter in yalls opinion??

you can't really Define who is smarter because you don't know their circumstances. If you graduated high school and got $100,000 a year job okay fine have kids. But if you can't get a job outside of McDonald's that's not very smart
  • Westie
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

do they have kids? is that the main experience for people who have children without a college degree? That they own Multi billion dollar companies?
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Make another thread kk79jnoy2ftc.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    The wtf option is gone so imma just flag you
This discussion has been closed.