2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    I honestly think the heat are equipped to beat the celtics in a series and more equipped than boston against cleveland

cp04onw4ml4x.gif

You wouldnt understand
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

giphy.gif

What's wrong with that?

Right now on paper we're not a playoff team. We're looking like a 27 win team.

But the game is played on wood...go for that 8th seed

Yeah and y'all don't have a draft pick anyway, what's to lose?

Smh.....

Sixers making the playoffs...... V0q9wI.gif

Too bad we haven't made any moves indicative of a team with no draft picks.

You just a pessimistic complaining ? huh? Every time the nets interested in a player you complain.They make solid off season moves you complain.The Nets have actually done good, they drafted solid players and added a young player(dial up) to build around and more future picks taking on bad contracts.You exposed yourself already when you said you didn't want lin back.Nets will be better because of the moves they made shut the ? up already

On top of that the east is trash af I'm not looking at anybody sideways for saying they want to make.it on the east
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Not buying boston as title contenders.They drafted a sf a year after drafting a sf then signed a sf in fa lol

Dumb ? cracka shoulda drafted fultz, now they gotta re-sign i.t. who is a defensive liability and will continue to be one as he gets older

and the lakers and nets may end up being better than people think so those picks could be 7-15 instead of top 5

Then they signed ? ass bynes.Any team with a physical front line or can rebound will give them problems like the bulls in the playoffs

Only thing I'm concerned about is an inexperienced bench, we won 53 and got to the ECF with an "asterisk " as yall claim we get a 20,5,5 player and dumped a bunch of inconsistent players outside of Avery yet somehow people feel we got worse. Morris, zizic, and baynes are more physical then our front court from last year.

This is the homer in you speaking.Facts are the c's had a -7 rebounding differential in the playoffs,Rondos injury is the only reason why they didn't get sonned in the 1st round and they traded their best defender and one of their best rebounders in avery bradley.The good news for boston is they surpassed their cracka quota wit the bynes and hayward additions but still have flaws that can be exposed like no more bradley to guard pg's :#

I also don't believe that positionless basketball non sense, jaylen brown and tatum are 3's not 2's not 4's and marcus morris is the G one of the twins, he & his career 4 rebs per game aint scaring nobody dunny.Not buyin em sorry

We're experimenting with the positionless ? , but with the cavs in disarray I like our chances. I don't think yall realize how weak the olynyk, jerebko, amir, zeller front court was on the interior. This is a completely different roster from last year 6 guys remain each year is different and with me seeing vets have career years under Stevens I'm not sleeping on any acquisition. I do miss Avery but we couldn't have kept him and IT, now terry, smart, jaylen and Gordon gotta guard 2's and with more scoring options IT has to play harder on defense. We'll be fine I don't understand how people think we got worse just because we lost Avery and inconsistent bench players and upgraded each position
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly think the heat are equipped to beat the celtics in a series and more equipped than boston against cleveland

Lol this ? got me laughing, I'll let y'all troll it out
  • Beta
    Options

Its sad in this day and age that thinking highly of your team from a non biased POV would be regarded as trolling
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Its sad in this day and age that thinking highly of your team from a non biased POV would be regarded as trolling

Nah I'm actually giving you some credit by claiming you're trolling and not being serious
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Not buying boston as title contenders.They drafted a sf a year after drafting a sf then signed a sf in fa lol

Dumb ? cracka shoulda drafted fultz, now they gotta re-sign i.t. who is a defensive liability and will continue to be one as he gets older

and the lakers and nets may end up being better than people think so those picks could be 7-15 instead of top 5

Then they signed ? ass bynes.Any team with a physical front line or can rebound will give them problems like the bulls in the playoffs

Only thing I'm concerned about is an inexperienced bench, we won 53 and got to the ECF with an "asterisk " as yall claim we get a 20,5,5 player and dumped a bunch of inconsistent players outside of Avery yet somehow people feel we got worse. Morris, zizic, and baynes are more physical then our front court from last year.

This is the homer in you speaking.Facts are the c's had a -7 rebounding differential in the playoffs,Rondos injury is the only reason why they didn't get sonned in the 1st round and they traded their best defender and one of their best rebounders in avery bradley.The good news for boston is they surpassed their cracka quota wit the bynes and hayward additions but still have flaws that can be exposed like no more bradley to guard pg's :#

I also don't believe that positionless basketball non sense, jaylen brown and tatum are 3's not 2's not 4's and marcus morris is the G one of the twins, he & his career 4 rebs per game aint scaring nobody dunny.Not buyin em sorry

We're experimenting with the positionless ? , but with the cavs in disarray I like our chances. I don't think yall realize how weak the olynyk, jerebko, amir, zeller front court was on the interior. This is a completely different roster from last year 6 guys remain each year is different and with me seeing vets have career years under Stevens I'm not sleeping on any acquisition. I do miss Avery but we couldn't have kept him and IT, now terry, smart, jaylen and Gordon gotta guard 2's and with more scoring options IT has to play harder on defense. We'll be fine I don't understand how people think we got worse just because we lost Avery and inconsistent bench players and upgraded each position

We only got bigger, more athletic, better offensively and better defensively, but without Avery's 8 boards per game it's all going to fall apart
  • Beta
    Options

Nah I'm actually giving you some credit by claiming you're trolling and not being serious

Im not though

Miami top to bottom>>>>>Boston
  • BlackAX410
    Options

FOH lmao weak ass ? haven't beaten us since 2015 and feel yall are gonna jump the number 1 seed or compete with anyone just cuz you signed olynyk, waiters, and johnson. The hilarious irony that I'm a Homer and this ? post got co-signed is wild. Dragic ain't holding IT that 52 point Game still gives me chills, Whiteside is getting drug out the paint by horford. Losing Avery isn't "losing our identity " yall ain't equipped to beat us, 2 years ago when I said "Avery didn't play in the Hawks series " I was called a Homer and told his presence didn't matter. Now all of a sudden he's irreplaceable and we lost our identity lmao anything to discredit the celtics. Not just on the IC I see this trash narrative on twitter too
  • BlackAX410
    Options

We only got bigger, more athletic, better offensively and better defensively, but without Avery's 8 boards per game it's all going to fall apart

Not like Tatum and zizic averaged near double digit rebounds in SL or baynes doesn't have a higher rebounding rate then everyone on our team. Not like thies didn't win defensive player of the year in Germany who is an upgrade over jerebko. Went from an undersized squad to versatile wings who can guard 2-4 but yeah Lol let's keep basing everything off last season with a completely different roster tho
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

FOH lmao weak ass ? haven't beaten us since 2015 and feel yall are gonna jump the number 1 seed or compete with anyone just cuz you signed olynyk, waiters, and johnson. The hilarious irony that I'm a Homer and this ? post got co-signed is wild. Dragic ain't holding IT that 52 point Game still gives me chills, Whiteside is getting drug out the paint by horford. Losing Avery isn't "losing our identity " yall ain't equipped to beat us, 2 years ago when I said "Avery didn't play in the Hawks series " I was called a Homer and told his presence didn't matter. Now all of a sudden he's irreplaceable and we lost our identity lmao anything to discredit the celtics. Not just on the IC I see this trash narrative on twitter too

Beta's ? stupid but he's trollin right now
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? talking about summer league stats against guys who work at walmart

Look at these insecure ? typing paragraphs when all I did was state my opinion

Wasnt trying to incite anything either but yet...
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Logically tell me how the heat are going to be better then the Celtics next season? I want legit reasons, let's debate since you wanna jump out the window and claim yall will beat us and challenge Cleveland. Half a hot season and you really think yall contenders, never seen a more overrated 41 win team IN MY LIFE
  • Beta
    Options
    All I said was Miami has the personnel to be capable of beating the celtics in a series and that matchup wise we would fare better than Boston against Cleveland and ? talking about regular season matchups dating back to 2015 like that matters when both teams are different and talking about players rebounding well in summer league games when they wanted to add robin lopez and dedmon themselves.

? sign aron baynes and start feeling themselves on the boards
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not like Tatum and zizic averaged near double digit rebounds in SL or baynes doesn't have a higher rebounding rate then everyone on our team. Not like thies didn't win defensive player of the year in Germany who is an upgrade over jerebko. Went from an undersized squad to versatile wings who can guard 2-4 but yeah Lol let's keep basing everything off last season with a completely different roster tho

Whiteside averaged 14 rebs per game vs boston last year.Why are you mentioning summer league stats? Dpoy in germany? da ? ? So what

Weren't you saying marcus smart don't have the lateral quickness to guard a lot of pg's so now that's your primary defender of pg's?

I don't want to see the cavs in the finals again so I sincerely hope I'm wrong.Luckily for boston the east mad weak
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Whiteside averaged 14 rebs per game vs boston last year.Why are you mentioning summer league stats? Dpoy in germany? da ? ? So what

Weren't you saying marcus smart don't have the lateral quickness to guard a lot of pg's so now that's your primary defender of pg's?

I don't want to see the cavs in the finals again so I sincerely hope I'm wrong.Luckily for boston the east mad weak

Yeah Whiteside got boards but olynyk and horford drug him out which opened the lane for IT, who averaged 33ppg against them. I did say that about smart but it's an opportunity for him and rozier to step up especially smart who needs to cut weight and get his mechanics on offense together because we can't afford a sub 40% shooter playing 30 minutes as our 2 and backup 1 this year. Avery improved his shooting every year this is make or break for smart who I don't have confidence in
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    All I said was Miami has the personnel to be capable of beating the celtics in a series and that matchup wise we would fare better than Boston against Cleveland and ? talking about regular season matchups dating back to 2015 like that matters when both teams are different and talking about players rebounding well in summer league games when they wanted to add robin lopez and dedmon themselves.

Nice euro step, based on this year personnel wise how do you feel yall are capable of beating us in a series?
  • Beta
    Options

Logically tell me how the heat are going to be better then the Celtics next season? I want legit reasons, let's debate since you wanna jump out the window and claim yall will beat us and challenge Cleveland. Half a hot season and you really think yall contenders, never seen a more overrated 41 win team IN MY LIFE

I never said this.

I never said this either.
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options

Nice euro step, based on this year personnel wise how do you feel yall are capable of beating us in a series?

I feel like top to bottom, Miami is deeper.
    Also from a rebounding standpoint, our frontcourt>>>
    Better bench
    you do not have the personnel to contain dragic, Dion, and TJ
    Olynck know the plays B)
    Better defensively

you keep talking about zizic like hes the saving grace for your frontcourt like he aint playing his first year in the NBA

im not going into detail beyond this because I never meant to talk about this
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »

cp04onw4ml4x.gif

You wouldnt understand

Lol ok lord of the gas ups
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Lol dion and TJ like we didn't just sign Hayward. Olynyk might play a good game or 2 but he's not showing up an entire series that's not even hate that's facts. Yall bench is more experienced and Whiteside has a rebounding factor but outside of adding Olynyk and bam I don't see how Yall got clearly better to jump 6 playoff spots. Never said zizic was the savior just feel him and baynes will be better on the boards then amir and zeller. Tatum hits the glass too but you're being selective in what I'm saying. Until Yall beat us I refuse to say yall are better then us until it's proven. Call it feelings if you want lol Yall are average as ? to me
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Main point is, boston WITH hayward not scaring cleveland. Smart cant guard kyrie

Miami is more on bron's mind as competition in the east. I could be wrong only because cleveland's roster is trash and the celtics might get lucky
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

I feel like top to bottom, Miami is deeper.
    Also from a rebounding standpoint, our frontcourt>>>
    Better bench
    you do not have the personnel to contain dragic, Dion, and TJ
    Olynck know the plays B)
    Better defensively

you keep talking about zizic like hes the saving grace for your frontcourt like he aint playing his first year in the NBA

im not going into detail beyond this because I never meant to talk about this

Lol just shut up