Roland Martin vs. Dr. Umar Johnson

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took them forever. Dude could have just taken a pic of the diploma though. I'm just glad the PHD debate is over. Now lets find that money.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    @Revolver Ocelot

Bring that ass here boy....you wacked my post....

I knew it was funny when in 2017 mfs ain't got a screen shot or video of this claim and it's this easy???

Thread will probably die now ....

Of course it will die now. These goofy ? only came here to ? on a Black Man.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    It took them forever. Dude could have just taken a pic of the diploma though. I'm just glad the PHD debate is over. Now lets find that money.

You goofy ? won't be satisfied with that either.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I'm just making notes of this dude on the show, and what jumps out:

First off - You mean to tell me that guys like Harry Bellafonte, Richard Pryor, Quincy Jones, and Sidney Poiter get no respect because they have non-black wives, even though they broke barriers in the entertainment industry while maintaining their black ancestry? FOH, Umar.

2nd - Him calling dude a ? was petty and childish as a muhfuck. "He called me a liar." Stop acting like a ? , Umar.

Umar does have a point about white folks not doing much to anything at all about the systematic setup of white privilege.

This dude is hit or miss. He makes great points, but he goes full Hotep too many times for my taste.

why does it matter if hes hit or miss if hes in the game trying to win for us?

this is one of my biggest gripes.

US black people dont need singular leaders but we will attack those who take charge when so many others stand back or stand around.

since we are so diverse...we need people in all areas to be as great as they can be. then you take those people create a group that can speak to everyone.

just because 1 person will never be right 100% and we are not a unit...even tho alot of times on this site it is said but then contradicted. but thats another thing.

mlk was 100
    malcolm wasnt 100
    ? gregory aint 100 hhmph
    no one is...can we stop pointing that out

as if ? and white people wont do that already.

an yes, i woulda called dude a ? too.....how you gonna call a grown man a liar when hes respecting you? chicks and ? ? do that ? . ? might say you lying,,,but "liar" is for ? .

the man already tense for having to answer for his degrees...thats fukked up.

hes tense to defend his point.

all can be understood and he handled himself good..even calling the guy a ? .

none of yall woulda took that ? in that situation all well and good. stop it

It matters when you claim to be an educator and knowledgable about the ? you're talking about. You can't just be spouting off any ol ? under the guise of "I'm doing it for us". Just giving a free pass to say anything under that logic is dumb. People need to be checked when they are wrong. That's what actually helps...not just letting everything slide

heres where me and alot of people differ.

i take what i need from anyone to build on and leave the rest if its no use to me.
    why use energy to prove what you know is wrong?

do i give him a pass....dont really care either way....but we need to go after everyone with the same energy.
    i will attack like i defend....here its not really needed.

do i agree with everything....nope

who does anything without thinking they getting something back?

Because a person in a position of power operating based on false information is a danger to themselves and others.

But I have not seen anyone cite Umar's false information. It's all hyperbole and opinion. Umar has been speaking for years now and for people to keep bringing up the same lame argument about credentials and ancestry is, nothing but a diversionary tactic to not deal with Umar's observations, analysis, solutions, and opinions.

So, for people to keep parroting the same things whenever Umar is mentioned says more about them then Umar.

Said this pages ago.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Revolver Ocelot

Bring that ass here boy....you wacked my post....

I knew it was funny when in 2017 mfs ain't got a screen shot or video of this claim and it's this easy???

Thread will probably die now ....

Calm ur ? down...

Umar could've dead that ? a long time ago.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I'm saying. These Umar fanboys in here acting like people were being ridiculous for wanting to verify credentials. Umar could have deaded it a long time ago. If those people were ridiculous for continually asking for verification, Umar was ridiculous for taking so long to provide proof.

But since people want to discuss Umar's message, that's fine. How about you guys list a few point in particular that Umar makes that you want to discuss.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    But these ? ass ? will continue to claim that the challenge of his credentials was not valid....

And claim that it was an attempt to ? on a black man......

The ? will die down because there is nothing here but talk....

Umar gets publicity for the controversial ? ....

There are several professional African Americans actively reforming the education of the black community....

And then there are lip professors.....

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    But these ? ass ? will continue to claim that the challenge of his credentials was the only issue....

There are several professional African Americans actively reforming the education of the black community....

Now you resort to lying. I said pages ago that you and the rest of you clowns would continue on even when one issue was debunked, you lames would move on to the next and then the next after that. That's why I advised your homotional ass to focus on debating Umar's message but you keep on regurgitation rumor, hyperbole and the opinions of others.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we talk about his message? or will that die along with his proof of credentials?

• Kwan Dai
    Options

That's what I'm saying. These Umar fanboys in here acting like people were being ridiculous for wanting to verify credentials. Umar could have deaded it a long time ago. If those people were ridiculous for continually asking for verification, Umar was ridiculous for taking so long to provide proof.

But since people want to discuss Umar's message, that's fine. How about you guys list a few point in particular that Umar makes that you want to discuss.

Umar addressed his detractors years ago when they questioned his education. It's pointless for Umar to keep speaking on the same topic. I actually commend the brother that actually went out and confirmed his stupidity.

Chill with the "fan boy" BS. It's been articulated several times that Umar is simply a Black Man with a message and platform. He is one of many Black Men speaking on issues concerning the Black community.
  • bambu
    Options
    But these ? ass ? will continue to claim that the challenge of his credentials was the only issue....

Now you resort to lying. I said pages ago that you and the rest of you clowns would continue on even when one issue was debunked, you lames would move on to the next and then the next after that. That's why I advised your homotional ass to focus on debating Umar's message but you keep on regurgitation rumor, hyperbole and the opinions of others.

You sound stupid....

I have been on his message from the jump....

I just addressed it when I was @'ed....

But that got looked over.....

I only got a reply to the the ? ass ? comment.....

I didn't name names....

But we know what happens when a dog gets hit.....

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    can we talk about his message? or will that die along with his proof of credentials?

Not going to happen. That was established 16 pages ago when the agents first showed up.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prince of Pan-Africanism RISES AGAIN! Feminists, NEGROPEANS, ? , BED WENCHES, DEMONIC EUROPEANS, and anything vile will be defeated. Holding black folk again will cost you dearly next time.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Not going to happen. That was established 16 pages ago when the agents first showed up.

so just nothin now?

not another 16 pages about how we can implement what he was speaking on or building on what he was talking about or even a link to his page to support him?

this is what i mean by wasted energy......

an yall wonder why ? dont want to help
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    and we still aint seen trumps taxes
  • bambu
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yes.....

But, I'm not just going to keep repeating myself..

Along with my original statement when I was @'ed...

My point is that umar gets major publicity from controversy....

Maybe he wants to to fuel interest and funding...

Idk....

Creating a school is a drop in the bucket of water when confronted with the systematic oppression that he speaks of....

I know of several professional educational reformers that need support and are more directly active than Dr. Umar...

• Kwan Dai
    Options

You sound stupid....

I have been on his message from the jump....

I just addressed it when I was @'ed....

But that got looked over.....

I only got a reply to the the ? ass ? comment.....

I didn't name names....

But we know what happens when a dog gets hit.....

I'm coming straight at you because, you couldn't move past the degree issue. Now you have no choice but even after that your homotional ass is still casting doubt, while promoting other "African Americans" doing all of this great "stuff". You can do the passive aggressive ? all you like. I'm quoting you directly. Dog!
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2017
    Options

Umar addressed his detractors years ago when they questioned his education. It's pointless for Umar to keep speaking on the same topic. I actually commend the brother that actually went out and confirmed his stupidity.

Chill with the "fan boy" BS. It's been articulated several times that Umar is simply a Black Man with a message and platform. He is one of many Black Men speaking on issues concerning the Black community.

You guys keep saying he addressed his detractors. Every time the issue comes up, Umar bloviates and then puts the burden on his detractors to prove him wrong. That's not addressing anything. That's ducking and dodging. He could have easily put the proof out there years ago, but he didn't. He allowed it to be a continued distraction. If you're simply a fan of his message, then you should have had a problem with that because you shouldn't want anything distracting from the message. However, many of you seem to take offense that other criticize the man. You seem to take it personally. To me that's fanboy ? .

I just asked which message or points in particular you (Umar supporters) want to discuss.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

so just nothin now?

not another 16 pages about how we can implement what he was speaking on or building on what he was talking about or even a link to his page to support him?

this is what i mean by wasted energy......

an yall wonder why ? dont want to help

Chill. I said, ages ago to move beyond this trivial ? . So, asking those that have said to move the ? on, "can we talk about his message" we answered that question 16 pages ago. Of course we can..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Yes.....

Idk....

Creating a school is a drop in the bucket of water when confronted with the systematic oppression that he speaks of....

I know of several educational reformers that need support and are more directly active than Dr. Umar...

im not sure what your saying here...

are yoiu saying its harder than you think or easier than you think?

and what controversy did he create or cause?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Yes.....

Idk....

I know of several educational reformers that need support and are more directly active than Dr. Umar...

Cut it out!!

Umar's way is Umar's way. Stop trying to ? on what he has going on.

How about you provide links to where people can donate or support all of these great people you seem to know?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    respect to bambu for at least coming back thru.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ? was wrong and still talkin ? lolol....

I know that trait has ? yall up in life at some point or another....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol ? was wrong and still talkin ? lolol....

I know that trait has ? yall up in life at some point or another....

Who was wrong though? There is a difference between saying "Umar isn't a PhD" and "Umar's credibility is suspect, he needs to prove he's a PhD." Lots of people were arguing the latter. Was anyone really arguing the former?
  • bambu
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yes.....

Idk....

Cut it out!!

Umar's way is Umar's way. Stop trying to ? on what he has going on.

How about you provide links to where people can donate or support all of these great people you seem to know?

I am tired of repeating myself to you....

Challenging his credentials was not ? on him.....

I have moved on....

You can't read.....

And schools are more than just a one man effort....

It takes a team of dedicated professionals to pull this off....

Community Youth Achievers c/o Sankofa Spirit
    570 Piedmont Ave, NE 54894
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    (678) 699-3357
    theresac@sankofaspirit.com
    Founder: Nana Hannibal Afrik

Ujamaa School
    1554 8th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20001
    (202) 232-2997
    ujamaaschool1@verizon.net

NationHouse Watoto Shule / Sankofa Fie