Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, he got filthy rich too soon

"Im only 21 sittin on mills"
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope but it's not totally his fault....his voice abandoned him

Based on some of his newest stuff....hes not the same bsnks...hes more lyrical but without great song making ability
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks and Juelz are the two most laziest rappers that never lived up to their potential.

Juelz and weezy were at the same level in 06 during I can't feel my face time.

Fast forward 2 years and Wayne is the biggest artist in the world and Juelz is doing pyramid schemes

Banks isnt really lazy he just doesn't put out out a lot of visuals but has tons of quality material that he's been dropping on his mistakes

He has been bullshitting with that Cold Corner 3 though
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks could have been top 10
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do Jadakiss next
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he still makes good mixtapes tho. Definitely could be at the top of the game if he stepped up and actually promoted his ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    *camron nope gif*
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he did he has 3 great albums (with a classic debut) and some great mixtapes under his belt, Banks already made his money he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wants to be a mega star like 50, he just wants to smoke tree's ? women and chill and every now and then spit some hot ? , quality over quantity.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he did he has 3 great albums (with a classic debut) and some great mixtapes under his belt, Banks already made his money he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wants to be a mega star like 50, he just wants to smoke tree's ? women and chill and every now and then spit some hot ? , quality over quantity.

Personal classic you mean...
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is a lyrical beast, idgaf about anything else.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope

He's a dope MC
    But not enough albums (a lot of good mixtapes tho)

And, the Hip Hop climate changed for the worst
    That didn't help neither..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks never struck me as the type of guy who wanted to be in the spotlight anyways.

I think with a good executive producer he could make incredible music, but whoever 50 has him linked up with isn't bringing out banks full potential
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Banks never struck me as the type of guy who wanted to be in the spotlight anyways.

I think with a good executive producer he could make incredible music, but whoever 50 has him linked up with isn't bringing out banks full potential

Yall must don't listen to his mixtapes. Cold Corner 2 is a classic imo
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Banks career has been squandered this last almost decade since HFM2. I thought after Beamer, Benz Bentley he would of found his way near the top commercially. He's still can drop a dope mixtape every now and then tho.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »

G-unit artist, yeah

All Time rapper, ? no
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »

G-unit artist, yeah

All Time rapper, ? no

Lol tf
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Personal classic you mean...

Yes and I am not the only one who considers it a classic.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mixtapes albums whatever. The mixtapes are original material. He drops projects every year and they all ? dope. As a Banks fan since 03, I'm satisfied
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I THINK HE HAS LIVED UP TO HIS POTENTIAL...
    FOR A NYC MIXTAPE RAPPER, BANKS HAS COME A LONG WAY...
    HE'S GOT A STYLE HE CAN EASILY MODERNIZE & UPDATE...

HFM 1 & 2 ARE DOPE...
    ROTTEN APPLE HAD SOME JOINTS, BUT HIS ENERGY WASN'T RIGHT...
    HE CAME THROUGH ON G-UNIT'S BFM & TOS ALBUMS...
    AND HIS MIXTAPE CATALOG IS ON-POINT...

I FEEL HE'S CAPABLE OF CONTRIBUTING MORE DOPE ALBUMS/MIXTAPES...
    BUT I FEEL WE HAVE ALREADY HEARD THE BEST OF LLOYD BANKS...

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Yeah some people think the next man should somehow do "more" like ok he started from nothing and went platinum and had hits and everything, but somehow, there is some imaginary more he should have done. None of that is guaranteed. When a rapper has any success its just that...success. So in that regard he's done 100%. Plus your point about...everybody dont wanna be constantly putting music out. So of course he's surpassed expectations considering he started from zero. Could he have done "more"? I say no he did it his way.
    Its easy to look from the outside at what someone coulda shoulda done but then why arent you more successful? Then you wouldnt care most likely. Its another thing if somebody aint did sht but there are people who dont see the positives of what someone actually accomplished I guess. So I try to stay away from that faulty thought process partially because it cant accurately be judged from the outside