Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    i think ? need to know that there is a difference between great and best..
    ? dont aways run concurrent..

Mayweather is technically a better boxer than Ali..
    but he aint greater than..

jus sayin..

Jay is technically a better rapper than big. But he ain't greater than.

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Biggie the BoJack of hiphop..

All of that and he doesn't have a better performance than victory, and he doesn't have a better album than ready to die........

When you distill it all the way down to just gettin in the both and rapping.....

Big > Jay

my ? i like Big over Jay..
    im not the biggest Jay fan at all..

but c'mo!!? Big aint take hiphop to this level.. Jay did..

this is why Jordan is greater than Kareem but ill slap fire to a ? sayin he better..
    Jordan took the NBA to the next level..

Biggie was a ? artist..
    as dope as he was he was jus that..
    street level ? ..

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of the company that owned his conpany..

gettin his masters ownin stakes in a sports team.. big kickin it wit Buffet..

when Hilliary ? ass needed votes they aint call Common..

Jays that ? man..

it aint even nothin to argue..
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    There's no goat, but if there ever was a list for one you know even Jay would put BIG on it before himself
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Hawaiian Sophie fame
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    hes done it all. huge wins. and has been nice on the mic for the longest
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    He's one of the greats & the Number 1 albums and all that is cool. But if we talking straight music, I've heard greater.
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes
    He's one of the greats & the Number 1 albums and all that is cool. But if we talking straight music, I've heard greater.

we not..

this aint "who's the best"..
    when u talkin about Great anything we need to encompass everything..

and when u do that aint nobody ? wit that man..
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Simply put when it's all said and done, he's the guy.

• CapitalB
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes
    If you encompass everything on the peripheral, than yes, Jay has no peer.

But just rapping, get in the booth and wild out, he's among the best, he's in the conversation, but he's not definitively the best. And to keep it real, there's no way to define it. It's all subjective...

This thread is about to go x amount of pages of ? trying to sway the next man opinion, when really, this all depends on your lens, there can never be a consensus.

Aiyo, Jordan is better than Kareem bruh.

giphy.gif

what i say ? !?

same amount of rings..
    more MVPs..
    more NBA team selections..
    more NBA Defensive team selections..
    more all star appearances..
    more points, blocks, rebounds & pretty much the same in assists..
    higher shooting percentage..

and thats jus NBA

Kareem been that ? since Highschool..
    Jordan aint make the team..

i dont think he lost a game in college and all the three yrs he played he won College player of the year..

c'mo bruh..

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    huey wrote: »
    hes done it all. huge wins. and has been nice on the mic for the longest
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Simply put when it's all said and done, he's the guy.

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

we not..

Nah fam. Maybe that's something you need to do. The music is all that matters imo. And he has great music. But the greatest music I've ever heard? Nah.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Yes

we not..

Nah fam. Maybe that's something you need to do. The music is all that matters imo. And he has great music. But the greatest music I've ever heard? Nah.

so its my fault ur mentally limited!?

okay..
    gottit!
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Jay is literally the Mike Jordan of rap
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes
    The folks who voted no are swaggerless munkeys
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Pac then Jay
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Yes

But just rapping, get in the booth and wild out, he's among the best, he's in the conversation, but he's not definitively the best. And to keep it real, there's no way to define it. It's all subjective...

This thread is about to go x amount of pages of ? trying to sway the next man opinion, when really, this all depends on your lens, there can never be a consensus.

giphy.gif

what i say ? !?

same amount of rings..
    more MVPs..

and thats jus NBA

i dont think he lost a game in college and all the three yrs he played he won College player of the year..

c'mo bruh..

Jordan did everything Kareem did in a half a decade less. and aye, mike dont need no entry pass.

thats inaccurate cause then he'd have everything Kareem has.. the sheer fact Kareem did it for so long at that level says alot.. Jordan took two breaks..

he couldve done more?? maybe.. but he couldve fell the ? off as well.. who knows..

Kareem came in a champion.. what his 2nd yr.. and left one.. and won 4 inbetween..

nah bruh..
    ill give u Jordan the greatest..
    but he aint the best.. im not even givin him second best..
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

giphy.gif

what i say ? !?

same amount of rings..
    more MVPs..

and thats jus NBA

c'mo bruh..

Jordan did everything Kareem did in a half a decade less. and aye, mike dont need no entry pass.

thats inaccurate cause then he'd have everything Kareem has.. the sheer fact Kareem did it for so long at that level says alot.. Jordan took two breaks..

he couldve done more?? maybe.. but he couldve fell the ? off as well.. who knows..

Kareem came in a champion.. what his 2nd yr.. and left one.. and won 4 inbetween..

nah bruh..

Jordan is the most fundamentally sound player to ever play. And i've watched a lot of hoop in my life. He triggers moves with his feet, and his shoulders, not his athleticism,. ? still haven't caught up with that. People put lebron on his level, but he's still trying to run through people. He has more post moves than even tim duncan, the only person with more is probably kevin mchale. Magic carried Kareem to a couple rings. Jordan was never carried.

I know you from out west, and Kareem is probably number 2 or 3, but nobody is above mike. He's done too much, the ? had 10 straight scoring titles. You know what that means.....

Ya'll know i'm comin, but ? all ya'll, and i'm gon shoot 50% wit my middle finger up.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Hakeem had a better post package also, but that's where it stops. Dream, Mchale, and Jordan.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Yes

giphy.gif

what i say ? !?

same amount of rings..
    more MVPs..

and thats jus NBA

c'mo bruh..

nah bruh..

Jordan is the most fundamentally sound player to ever play. And i've watched a lot of hoop in my life. He triggers moves with his feet, and his shoulders, not his athleticism,. ? still haven't caught up with that. People put lebron on his level, but he's still trying to run through people. He has more post moves than even tim duncan, the only person with more is probably kevin mchale. Magic carried Kareem to a couple rings. Jordan was never carried.

I know you from out west, and Kareem is probably number 2 or 3, but nobody is above mike. He's done too much, the ? had 10 straight scoring titles. You know what that means.....

Ya'll know i'm comin, but ? all ya'll, and i'm gon shoot 50% wit my middle finger up.
    Hakeem had a better post package also, but that's where it stops. Dream, Mchale, and Jordan.

giphy.gif

? all that ? u talkin is subjective..
    jus like as much as i hate Kobe's ? ass i feel he had better footwork than Jordan and was a better shooter..

but what im talkin is numbers..
    as Jay would say..

men lie women lie numbers dont..
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Bottom line Jay not the Groat because he is not the best rapper. He has 13 solo albums and 5 are classic or real close. 3 are very good or good. And 5 are trash or aren't that good. This isn't who is the most popular, or who ran the most companies or who got more money. It's who is the Groat. Greatest rapper of all time. Jay put money over his music most of his career. And it started to show. As a rapper Nas does everything better than Jay at a consistent basis. I love 4:44, but Nas been made that album. And he made an album about the state of Hip-Hop. And an album about how blacks are mistreated in this country. And he made that damn near 10 years ago. ? got 11 ,12,and 13 albums with one trash album in the mix. Jay got 5 trash albums . Do the math. Numbers don't lie.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Yes
    i jus wanna know what rapper has done more in and for hiphop than JayZ..

since we talkin about GREAT..
    and im not askin who's better.. cause Jay aint even my favorite rapper..

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i jus wanna know what rapper has done more in and for hiphop than JayZ..

since we talkin about GREAT..
    and im not askin who's better.. cause Jay aint even my favorite rapper..

Hip-Hop did more for Jay, then he did for it. Dame Dash did alot for Hip-Hop. He's not the Groat. Russell Simmons did more for Hip-Hop. He's not the Groat. Dr Dre did about the same or more then Jay. Is he the Groat?