Options

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    bck145 wrote: »
    LeBron is the best basketball player ever....he is literally better at everything than Jordan except scoring

In terms of groat
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay-Z

Jay could of better but the 2nd half of his career has but riddled with lackluster projects

And winning. And being clutch and dunking. Plus he been in the league since he was 18. 6-0 > 3-5.

Yeah but championships are such a cop out arguement...championships do not measure talent and I ignore that argument as it's just lazy.....robert Horry is one of the greats if that's the argument

Plus MJ played in a weak NBA...the talent LeBron plays against is so much better.....i know a lot of ppl have blinders on when talking about 90's basketball but it's true
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    LeBron is the best basketball player ever....he is literally better at everything than Jordan except scoring

In terms of groat
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay-Z

Jay could of better but the 2nd half of his career has but riddled with lackluster projects

And winning. And being clutch and dunking. Plus he been in the league since he was 18. 6-0 > 3-5.

Yeah but championships are such a cop out arguement...championships do not measure talent and I ignore that argument as it's just lazy.....robert Horry is one of the greats if that's the argument

Plus MJ played in a weak NBA...the talent LeBron plays against is so much better.....i know a lot of ppl have blinders on when talking about 90's basketball but it's true

You know very little about basketball I see. Jordan wasn't Horry. He lead his team. The game is played to win. Not counting championship is a weak cop out.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

In terms of groat
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay-Z

You know very little about basketball I see. Jordan wasn't Horry. He lead his team. The game is played to win. Not counting championship is a weak cop out.

Robert Horry has championships...barkley doesnt...i guess Horry is better.....that argument holds no weight when talking about talented basketball players....unless it's a single person sport

Bill Russell has championships...no one puts him up with Jordan or LeBron or even kobe

I've been following basketball my whole life....im just realistic about it....watching Jordan vs watching LeBron is two different things....lebron is on whole nother level
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still give that to LL, everybody u think is great was inspired by LL. Who rocked b4 them, wit dem, and after them.

In hiphop to remain relevant through that many changes in styles of music. Not once biting anyone else's flow or persona.

LL da goat

And he had iconic on wax battles that are historic

jay.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither LeBron, Jordan, Kobe, Bird or anybody else scored as many points as Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Thats the objective of basketball, to score more points than your opponent. Fancy dunks and crossovers aren't important, at the end of the day the only thing that matters is who scored the most points and thats Kareem.

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

In terms of groat
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay-Z

Robert Horry has championships...barkley doesnt...i guess Horry is better.....that argument holds no weight when talking about talented basketball players....unless it's a single person sport

Bill Russell has championships...no one puts him up with Jordan or LeBron or even kobe

I've been following basketball my whole life....im just realistic about it....watching Jordan vs watching LeBron is two different things....lebron is on whole nother level

Obviously you don't know much about basketball. Horry was a role player. Barkley was the team leader and most of the time franchise player. Horry never lead any nba to anywhere. Bill Russel is in the Goat conversation. He just not going to get that status. And he played against a bunch of tall white boys with little skill compare to comp level after the 70s. How can a loser (Because if you lose way more than you win that's what you are) be the Goat over someone who never went to game 7 and played when the East was actually competitive?
  • bck145
    Options
    No
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Neither LeBron, Jordan, Kobe, Bird or anybody else scored as many points as Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Thats the objective of basketball, to score more points than your opponent. Fancy dunks and crossovers aren't important, at the end of the day the only thing that matters is who scored the most points and thats Kareem.

There's more to basketball than just points......assisting someone to score points...getting rebounds to create possessions for points to be scored...playing defense to prevent the other team from scoring

Total points is meaningless.....same way no one's going to say hank Aaron is the best baseball player ever because of home runs when Willie Mays was a much more well rounded player
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Aye stop derailing the thread ? damn.

Anyway...... rakim is the groat dawg

Nothing can compare to the 18th letter
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Jordan > Kareem man. But I agree when it's all said and done LeBron will go down as the GOAT.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

In terms of groat
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay-Z

Obviously you don't know much about basketball. Horry was a role player. Barkley was the team leader and most of the time franchise player. Horry never lead any nba to anywhere. Bill Russel is in the Goat conversation. He just not going to get that status. And he played against a bunch of tall white boys with little skill compare to comp level after the 70s. How can a loser (Because if you lose way more than you win that's what you are) be the Goat over someone who never went to game 7 and played when the East was actually competitive?

But your argument is championships....either go with championships or talent....if you go with talent who won more championships isn't important

Role player or not Horry won championships.....russell played tall white dudes and Jordan played in a watered down NBA....talent in the 90's was nothing compared to today or when LeBron came into the league....this is coming from someone who loved the nba in the 90's....but you have to call a ? a ?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

There's more to basketball than just points......assisting someone to score points...getting rebounds to create possessions for points to be scored...playing defense to prevent the other team from scoring

Total points is meaningless.....same way no one's going to say hank Aaron is the best baseball player ever because of home runs when Willie Mays was a much more well rounded player

Double nosign

First of all, you say, "theres more to basketball than just points". Well you're wrong about that. You mention assists, rebounds and defense. But assists, rebounds and defense are irrelevant at the end of the 4th quarter when the buzzer rings. When that buzzer rings at the end of the 4th quarter nobody is checking to see who had the most assists, or the most rebounds, or who played better defense. The only thing anybody cares about at the end of the 4th quarter is which team scored the most points.

Then you bring up Hank Aaron and Willie Mays. Without doing a google search I'm pretty sure that Barry Bonds is the home run leader (I don't really follow baseball like that). But if you were going to put a baseball team together who would you pick, the person with the most home runs, or the most well rounded player? You'd be foolish to pick the most well rounded player over the person who has the most home runs.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    The biggest knock on Jordan was he never beat a team that was better than him. He waited till the pistons made a few trades, and the Celtics and Lakers to get old. He never played a team in the finals that was truly a better team (even the first time vs the lakers that team was old).

As far as Jay the reason he is the GOAT is his combo of plaques/popularity mixed with his longevity to be hot for so long. I have seen jay and nas once and probally will see both again this year. Jay is doing shows at sold out arenas by me i gotta decide between the TD garden and Barclays. Nas is doing the same venue meek mill did in CT (Oakdale) which is a few thousand in the GA only setup they are doing for Nas. Jay is the GOAT because he has the best blend of quality albums and has the largest fanbase in rap outside of em.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    No
    Next ? to bring up basketball analogies is getting kicked out.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

Double nosign

First of all, you say, "theres more to basketball than just points". Well you're wrong about that. You mention assists, rebounds and defense. But assists, rebounds and defense are irrelevant at the end of the 4th quarter when the buzzer rings. When that buzzer rings at the end of the 4th quarter nobody is checking to see who had the most assists, or the most rebounds, or who played better defense. The only thing anybody cares about at the end of the 4th quarter is which team scored the most points.

Then you bring up Hank Aaron and Willie Mays. Without doing a google search I'm pretty sure that Barry Bonds is the home run leader (I don't really follow baseball like that). But if you were going to put a baseball team together who would you pick, the person with the most home runs, or the most well rounded player? You'd be foolish to pick the most well rounded player over the person who has the most home runs.

You are aware that assists and rebounds lead to a team being able to score points.....without passing and getting the ball back on offense your not going to have the means to score enough points haha....and defense prevents another team from scoring more points than your team....to have more pts in the 4th quarter lol so none of that is meaningless....its all a means to the end

If I was building a team I'm picking the most well rounded player.....willie Mays did more things to help my team win than hank Aaron did

Lol your response was really weak
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    No
    @ILLBOT kick bck145 out for being a ?
  • bck145
    Options
    No
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    @ILLBOT kick bck145 out for being a ?

Relax ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The biggest knock on Jordan was he never beat a team that was better than him. He waited till the pistons made a few trades, and the Celtics and Lakers to get old. He never played a team in the finals that was truly a better team (even the first time vs the lakers that team was old).

As far as Jay the reason he is the GOAT is his combo of plaques/popularity mixed with his longevity to be hot for so long. I have seen jay and nas once and probally will see both again this year. Jay is doing shows at sold out arenas by me i gotta decide between the TD garden and Barclays. Nas is doing the same venue meek mill did in CT (Oakdale) which is a few thousand in the GA only setup they are doing for Nas. Jay is the GOAT because he has the best blend of quality albums and has the largest fanbase in rap outside of em.

5c594dfe7aaeba296a61de983b465ffe.jpg

• 5 Grand
    Options

Double nosign

You are aware that assists and rebounds lead to a team being able to score points.....without passing and getting the ball back on offense your not going to have the means to score enough points haha....and defense prevents another team from scoring more points than your team....to have more pts in the 4th quarter lol so none of that is meaningless....its all a means to the end

If I was building a team I'm picking the most well rounded player.....willie Mays did more things to help my team win than hank Aaron did

Robert Horey is probably the most well rounded player we've seen in our generation.

So you'd pick Robert Horey over Kareem?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Double nosign

Robert Horey is probably the most well rounded player we've seen in our generation.

LOL

yo five grand is like that old head standing out the bodega that always says some wild ? and you just nod and keep it moving

• bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

Double nosign

LeBron is the most well rounded...you have to be trolling with these posts

There's a reason why teams don't build their teams with just homerun hitters or just scorers....that type of thinking is so simple minded....you need everything to be successful
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i jus wanna know what rapper has done more in and for hiphop than JayZ..

since we talkin about GREAT..
    and im not askin who's better.. cause Jay aint even my favorite rapper..

Eminem.

Which is why your numbers / popularity arguments are weak.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    LUClEN wrote: »

Eminem.

Em dont have the impact of a Jay-z.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Double nosign

LeBron is the most well rounded...you have to be trolling with these posts

There's a reason why teams don't build their teams with just homerun hitters or just scorers....that type of thinking is so simple minded....you need everything to be successful

LeBron's career average is 23.8 points per game

Kareem's career average was 24.6 points per game

Are you saying you'd pick somebody who averages 23.8 points over somebody who averages 24.6 points?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i ro ny wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »

Eminem.

Em dont have the impact of a Jay-z.

You're right: Eminem had more impact.