What's the worst ? you seen in Hip-Hop?

Options

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drill music

Elaborate bec if it's due to violence, a lot of other periods in hip hop would like to have a word with you
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drill music

Elaborate bec if it's due to violence, a lot of other periods in hip hop would like to have a word with you

I take that back because the same thing that's happened w/ Drill happened with Trap and other local sub genres of Rap.
    It's just that drill music is overlooked in it's effect on the state of hip hop today. Along w/ Trap music...

Some elements of Drill was around before its conception and taken from Atlanta music/culture, but so many new people jacked their current styles from that era...Basically almost the entire last two XXL Freshmen Classes jacked something from Chief Keef, Bibby, Durk, and Others...mostly Keef though.

Drill is just the most recent subgenre to be exploited for more "Pop Rappers/One & Done" ass rappers to take advantage of.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonny ain't the trap music bubble about to burst?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Jonny ain't the trap music bubble about to burst?

You would think so but TBH..........Nah.

People need something to Latch on to...a Go-to sound...Trap is that.

Something new needs to be Introduced and prove itself in the Mainstream before Trap takes a backseat.
    Atlanta has the Power to change all this ? if we wanted but being real, it's too easy to make a buck here and i don't think we as a Collective have the Discipline to want to change anything. These ? is Grown Knuckleheads...
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Fonz wasn't bad at all. He was actually pretty cool to me. He was introduced as Diddy umbrella carrier and expanded his brand to verses, music videos, and hosting a TV show.

Worst thing to happen to the genre was/ is fruity loops. Once every ? with a computer started making music and had access to MySpace it was a wrap.

Disagree. Yeah there's a lot of ? music out but that comes with a user-base being expanded. Hip hop just surpassed rock music as the dominant genre in America, wouldn't of ever done that if the difficulty/cost of making music wasn't down-graded so much.

Honestly I'm glad it's not mostly in the hands of record-labels anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUPK9z59yUc This is the worst thing ever probably.
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drill music , xxxtentacion , dudes being thugs and wearing dresses . ? is outta line .
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? song Choppa Style

The Realest

Yin Yang ? ?

Fonzworth Bently

Young Berg

Tyga

Stuntin like my Daddy

Suge and Puff
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Glorification of pimpin'. I remember when RUN-DMC rapped on My Adidas:
    "Me and my Adidas do the illest things, we like to stomp out pimps with diamond rings."
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »

Stuntin like my Daddy

Nah
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This new gen of wack ass colorfoul hair soundcloud ? "rappers".
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Fonz wasn't bad at all. He was actually pretty cool to me. He was introduced as Diddy umbrella carrier and expanded his brand to verses, music videos, and hosting a TV show.

Worst thing to happen to the genre was/ is fruity loops. Once every ? with a computer started making music and had access to MySpace it was a wrap.

If you're willing to dance around with an umbrella for another grown man to get a deal then that's up to you.

I don't really recall him dancing around outside of music videos. Im comfortable in my skin. I'd gladly hold a multi millionaires umbrella if it meant I was in that circle of wealthy people. You might see a ? holding a umbrella, I see a man who saw a opportunity and grabbed it.

Lighten up some time men....

You telling me to lighten up when you're getting all serious in a roast thread?

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet all you old heads were bumping this back in the 90's.

https://youtu.be/StlMdNcvCJo
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    THOSE CHEAP ASS NO LIMIT COVERS...
    WITH THE PAPER CASES IN THE PLASTIC SHELL...
    UGLY ASS ALBUM COVERS TOO...
    SHOUTOUT TO MERCEDES THOUGH...

those mfs at pen & pixel came up CRAZY off that ? lol...3rd grade ass photoshop skills, but everybody wanted it.
    D20130830UID365A956CC69352FCE03B3D382198F4AD.jpg

DOUG SUPERNAW THO...
    WTF IS THAT ? :lol:
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    THOSE CHEAP ASS NO LIMIT COVERS...
    WITH THE PAPER CASES IN THE PLASTIC SHELL...
    UGLY ASS ALBUM COVERS TOO...
    SHOUTOUT TO MERCEDES THOUGH...

those mfs at pen & pixel came up CRAZY off that ? lol...3rd grade ass photoshop skills, but everybody wanted it.
    D20130830UID365A956CC69352FCE03B3D382198F4AD.jpg

When The Smoke Clears was fire.