Options

Comments

• jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    i think ? need to know that there is a difference between great and best..
    ? dont aways run concurrent..

Mayweather is technically a better boxer than Ali..
    but he aint greater than..

jus sayin..

Jay is technically a better rapper than big. But he ain't greater than.

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Biggie the BoJack of hiphop..

All of that and he doesn't have a better performance than victory, and he doesn't have a better album than ready to die........

When you distill it all the way down to just gettin in the both and rapping.....

Big > Jay

my ? i like Big over Jay..
    im not the biggest Jay fan at all..

but c'mo!!? Big aint take hiphop to this level.. Jay did..

this is why Jordan is greater than Kareem but ill slap fire to a ? sayin he better..
    Jordan took the NBA to the next level..

Biggie was a ? artist..
    as dope as he was he was jus that..
    street level ? ..

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of the company that owned his conpany..

gettin his masters ownin stakes in a sports team.. big kickin it wit Buffet..

when Hilliary ? ass needed votes they aint call Common..

Jays that ? man..

it aint even nothin to argue..

Well then how come Jay wasn't doing that when Big was alive? How come when they was both here Jay of the two of them was considered more of the low level street ? ? Even when Big died Big was ahead of Jay in mainstream success so if Big wouldna died I have every reason to believe everything Jay has and accomplished woulda been Biggie's legacy instead. ? died and Jay saw what Big was tryna do and put his blinker on in his car and switched to that Lane and that's how he got to the top. If Big and Pac were alive Jay never gets this far.

? need to stop w/ this ? ass, ? "When Pac/Big was alive, Jay....." or "If Pac/Big was still alive Jay....."

Reasonable Doubt dropped 3 months before Pac died and 9 months before Big.

? , I'm surprised you ? haven't pinned their deaths on Jay, since you know, he wouldn't have been ? if they were still alive.

How do we know that for sure? That is the issue when ? try to use the small sample size of big and pac and assume they would have still ? it for another few decades in rap. During the small period of time they were alive both were flawless in many ways. But we have seen many top notch MC's fall off of break up with a group (NWA and Tribe) and some of those parts didn't continue to be consistent.

? Nas had one of the best 2 out the gate start in hip hop history with illmatic and IWW and even he couldn't keep up that quality for the 3rd and 4th and 5th album front to back.

You do realize that the 5th album was called "Stillmatic" right?? You didn't think IAM was a good album?? C'mon my ? ...You tripping saying that he couldn't keep up that quality work.
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

All of that and he doesn't have a better performance than victory, and he doesn't have a better album than ready to die........

When you distill it all the way down to just gettin in the both and rapping.....

Big > Jay

this is why Jordan is greater than Kareem but ill slap fire to a ? sayin he better..

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of the company that owned his conpany..

Jays that ? man..

Well then how come Jay wasn't doing that when Big was alive? How come when they was both here Jay of the two of them was considered more of the low level street ? ? Even when Big died Big was ahead of Jay in mainstream success so if Big wouldna died I have every reason to believe everything Jay has and accomplished woulda been Biggie's legacy instead. ? died and Jay saw what Big was tryna do and put his blinker on in his car and switched to that Lane and that's how he got to the top. If Big and Pac were alive Jay never gets this far.

? need to stop w/ this ? ass, ? "When Pac/Big was alive, Jay....." or "If Pac/Big was still alive Jay....."

? , I'm surprised you ? haven't pinned their deaths on Jay, since you know, he wouldn't have been ? if they were still alive.

How do we know that for sure? That is the issue when ? try to use the small sample size of big and pac and assume they would have still ? it for another few decades in rap. During the small period of time they were alive both were flawless in many ways. But we have seen many top notch MC's fall off of break up with a group (NWA and Tribe) and some of those parts didn't continue to be consistent.

? Nas had one of the best 2 out the gate start in hip hop history with illmatic and IWW and even he couldn't keep up that quality for the 3rd and 4th and 5th album front to back.

FOH

tumblr_inline_nuvuelw1CA1r6a0cj_500.gif

I Am was dope
    Stillmatic is a classic

I'll give you Nastradamus being mediocre.

He still made albums that were dope and great. But no album in Nasir's catalog is on the same level of IWW or illmatic.

Stillmatic aint on the same level as the first 2 albums??
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    GetoBoy wrote: »

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

? makes no sense plus they was putting all they own money into their label for them to go gold in the mist of both 2pac and Biggie being alive shows you ppl was ? with him the way ? be acting you would think Jay was on a major dropped his album and sold like 1000 copies..... ? be goofy with this "if Big and Pac didn't die blah blah blah" like ppl bought Jay albums becuz there was nothing else to cop you think if hard knock life came out on def jam and big and pac were still alive Jay wouldn't have sold??? Then the funny thing is if you don't agree don't agree with them you being a Jay warrior or whatever corny jokes ? tell like them same fools won't take a real life bullet for Nas Big or Pac the way they stan for them..... Stans who always stan for other rappers shouldn't complain about stans smh

Right Jay was such a nobody Pac felt the need to diss him and Big collaborated TWICE w/ him before he died.

But you know, he wasn't ? back then.

Must be nice to bite the ? outta somebody who when they was alive you was considered their little manz type ? . And all the hundreds of times you used his lyrics you can always stick it under the umbrella of "I'm just big upping my brother". Jay wouldn't have been considered GROAT if he woulda Died after VOL 1. The fact that Big is still getting that consideration after getting murk after just his first two speaks to the how much higher a level he was on. Jay gets Capped after 97 he might be as popular as Big L but that's about it and you and @GetoBoy know it too, stop playing games!
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

? makes no sense plus they was putting all they own money into their label for them to go gold in the mist of both 2pac and Biggie being alive shows you ppl was ? with him the way ? be acting you would think Jay was on a major dropped his album and sold like 1000 copies..... ? be goofy with this "if Big and Pac didn't die blah blah blah" like ppl bought Jay albums becuz there was nothing else to cop you think if hard knock life came out on def jam and big and pac were still alive Jay wouldn't have sold??? Then the funny thing is if you don't agree don't agree with them you being a Jay warrior or whatever corny jokes ? tell like them same fools won't take a real life bullet for Nas Big or Pac the way they stan for them..... Stans who always stan for other rappers shouldn't complain about stans smh

Right Jay was such a nobody Pac felt the need to diss him and Big collaborated TWICE w/ him before he died.

Must be nice to bite the ? outta somebody who when they was alive you was considered their little manz type ? . And all the hundreds of times you used his lyrics you can always stick it under the umbrella of "I'm just big upping my brother". Jay wouldn't have been considered GROAT if he woulda Died after VOL 1. The fact that Big is still getting that consideration after getting murk after just his first two speaks to the how much higher a level he was on. Jay gets Capped after 97 he might be as popular as Big L but that's about it and you and @GetoBoy know it too, stop playing games!

Bruh wtf do that gotta do with anything??? So since Big is considered the GROAT at 2 albums and Jay wasn't after 2 albums that's suppose to prove overall who the GROAT is??? For all we know Jay would have passed Big if Big never died can you say for sure he wouldn't have you can't so all this grading on a curve don't work..... In the end Big ain't put in enough work to be the GROAT no matter how you spin it I mean ? at least Pac had 6 albums to go off of you not finna be the greatest off 2 albums under a whole bunch of "ifs" and "could of been" scenarios
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Bruh wtf do that gotta do with anything??? So since Big is considered the GROAT at 2 albums and Jay wasn't after 2 albums that's suppose to prove overall who the GROAT is??? ,For all we know Jay would have passed Big if Big never died can you say for sure he wouldn't have you can't so all this grading on a curve don't work..... In the end Big ain't put in enough work to be the GROAT no matter how you spin it I mean ? at least Pac had 6 albums to go off of you not finna be the greatest off 2 albums under a whole bunch of "ifs" and "could of been" scenarios

The bolded is laughable. Big was on another level compared to your boy and there is no way around that. What makes you think Big wouldna stayed blazing a trail for your boy since he was always a step ahead of him anyway? Y'all can get on that revisionist stuff all you want to but I was around back when both was alive. Back when there was talks of Big coming out wit "The Commission" wit Jay and Charlie B More which woulda been a bad idea because it woulda just turned into Big sonning Jay Z every song like he did on BK's finest and like Kanye sonned Jay on nearly every song on watch the throne! Y'all ? will never trick me like I didn't know what was going on. What's a better mainstream single "Hypnotize" or "Sunshine"? Biggie's commercial attempts were even head and shoulders better than Jay's. Come on now.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think he is, but cats in here acting like it far fetched....500K sold in a few months is good in any era especially independently....you ? in here trippn...How is it that Jay is the only one that benefited from Big and Pac's demise?....Say what yall want, but wont nothing stopping that Annie sample from blowing up....
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Yes

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Bruh wtf do that gotta do with anything??? So since Big is considered the GROAT at 2 albums and Jay wasn't after 2 albums that's suppose to prove overall who the GROAT is??? ,For all we know Jay would have passed Big if Big never died can you say for sure he wouldn't have you can't so all this grading on a curve don't work..... In the end Big ain't put in enough work to be the GROAT no matter how you spin it I mean ? at least Pac had 6 albums to go off of you not finna be the greatest off 2 albums under a whole bunch of "ifs" and "could of been" scenarios

The bolded is laughable. Big was on another level compared to your boy and there is no way around that. What makes you think Big wouldna stayed blazing a trail for your boy since he was always a step ahead of him anyway? Y'all can get on that revisionist stuff all you want to but I was around back when both was alive. Back when there was talks of Big coming out wit "The Commission" wit Jay and Charlie B More which woulda been a bad idea because it woulda just turned into Big sonning Jay Z every song like he did on BK's finest and like Kanye sonned Jay on nearly every song on watch the throne! Y'all ? will never trick me like I didn't know what was going on. What's a better mainstream single "Hypnotize" or "Sunshine"? Biggie's commercial attempts were even head and shoulders better than Jay's. Come on now.

I "slightly" took you seriously till you said that dumb ? about Kanye sonning Jay on every song on WTT then I knew you was just on sum hater ? and everything started to make more sense so ok bruh you right lol
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    The 18th letter>>> reasonable doubt
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

? you ethering your own post.

Big L got more praise and shine AFTER he died. So by your reasoning Jay might have has well if he died after Vol.1
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »
    i personally wouldn't say it but i really want to know a valid reason why he shouldn't be considered
    Lyrics
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

I "slightly" took you seriously till you said that dumb ? about Kanye sonning Jay on every song on WTT then I knew you was just on sum hater ? and everything started to make more sense so ok bruh you right lol

It ain't like I said something that ain't the truth so whatever works bruh.
    dezil1q1uh17.jpg

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening to Jay & Nas last album, the ? is nowhere near Nas. Jayz say something halfway insightful ? act like hes a great philosopher or something. Nas been kickin knowledge since day one, and he does it better lyrically. Nas is the GOAT
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Big L got more praise and shine AFTER he died. So by your reasoning Jay might have has well if he died after Vol.1

After Big died he had a two classic albums and or one classic and one near classic ('depending on how you look at it)

If Jay woulda died he woulda had two alright albums
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

It ain't like I said something that ain't the truth so whatever works bruh.
    dezil1q1uh17.jpg

Bruh you just said Kayne sonned Jay on every song on WTT and were serious so Ye washed Jay on New Day??? How Ye wash Jay when Ye don't even write all his ? hell Jay probably helped ye write most of his stuff on that album lol??? Smmfh I know there's a lot of hate in you but at least don't make it so obvious
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Yes

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

After Big died he had a two classic albums and or one classic and one near classic ('depending on how you look at it)

Reasonable Doubt was just a alright album??? Cam'ron is that you ? becuz yo hate for Jay is strong lololololol
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Reasonable Doubt was just a alright album??? Cam'ron is that you ? becuz yo hate for Jay is strong lololololol

Four good songs on there and the first single from it was a simp Anthem that Fox destroyed him on. I'm good brotha you can keep that, I'll take Blueprint, the Black Album, and American Gangster over that revisionist classic any day of the week.

And with Watch the throne clearly you heard a damn different album than I did. Don't act like Jays verses was super amazing on that ? .
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 good songs out of 14 isn't an "alright" album, it's a trash album.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    No
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    4 good songs out of 14 isn't an "alright" album, it's a trash album.

well since you put it that way, ehh...
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    for everybody who said pac over jay. Whos career would you rather have minus the death?
  • a_list
    Options

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Four good songs on there and the first single from it was a simp Anthem that Fox destroyed him on. I'm good brotha you can keep that, I'll take Blueprint, the Black Album, and American Gangster over that revisionist classic any day of the week.

And with Watch the throne clearly you heard a damn different album than I did. Don't act like Jays verses was super amazing on that ? .

Yo do know that Jay wrote that verse, right?...lol
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    a_list wrote: »

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Smoothe The Hustler said he wrote that verse
  • a_list
    Options

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Smoothe The Hustler said he wrote that verse

Heard that too, but I can hear jay as she's spittn....
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    for everybody who said pac over jay. Whos career would you rather have minus the death?

Whenever someone is considered the greatest they get people compared to them.. You he's he's the next pac artist wanting be the next pac

In basketball people want too say who's the next Jordan. I.E kobe, lbj

Hockey you got wanye grezkys.. Sidney Crosby
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Well that makes it even more crazy, why didn't he write a better two verses for himself?