2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Asked to go to the Heat , then the Bulls, and now the Knicks

So the same player who once went through a 26 game losing streak his rookie year, wants to pay on lottery team again?

And y'all believe this ? !?!? Lmaoooo
    WWo5Ga.gif

Only thing lookin flabby and sick is y'all favorite teams season ticket sales...

#IKnowHowToEndThis
    #KyrieOrNoKyrie
    #WhoGonStopUsFromGettingBacktoFinals?!
    #I'llWait...

Process this: 76ers front office expects all sellouts this season
    https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2017/06/23/process-this-76ers-front-office-expects-all.html

I love my city.

ihuzl4m7odfj.gif

#SoNowIGottaArgueWithSixerFans??!?
    #JustForThisAlone
    #FuckYouKyrie..

Yeah I gotta chill with this one. Hard to come back from that ? lmao
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Knicks don't need to give up no picks.. George was traded for two rotation players.. And we talkin like Melo is a scrub.. Melo still a all star caliber player.. As long as the knicks don't give up any picks I'm cool.. Giving up picks is a deal breaker for me..

Slightly Different situation

George could walk in a year for nothing, Kyrie got 3 years left

It's slightly different but in the George situation they didn't get back a player as good as Melo.. It's kinda apples to oranges but at the same time are we really gonna act like Carmelo Anthony is a straight scrub? Like the fact that he's in the trade doesn't move the needle?

First off, "are we really gonna act like Carmelo Anthony is a straight scrub?"

giphy.gif

Melo in that Rudy ? , Andrew Wiggins, Nicholas Batum realm at this point

Melo the Dwight Howard of forwards

And okay yeah melo but you think a pick not gonna be involved? Kyrie 25. Melo got 2 washed years left on his deal and will be overpaid for what he would do on the cavs. Also this trade would force Cavs to try and trade TT or love because you can't have melo, bron, TT, and love all out there at the same time. (Love not getting benched), (can't take TT rebounding out the lineup), (Cant have Bron play SG, and if you do, that lineup has no perimeter D) unless melo comes off the bench but then...you traded kyrie for a bench player making ridiculous amounts of money?

You can't have Wiggins on that list, he's still like 12 years old b. Let him finish his rookie contract at least first
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still say if kryie had not fractured his knee in game 1 of tha NBA finals that cavs would be up 2-1 ova tha warriors
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Knicks don't need to give up no picks.. George was traded for two rotation players.. And we talkin like Melo is a scrub.. Melo still a all star caliber player.. As long as the knicks don't give up any picks I'm cool.. Giving up picks is a deal breaker for me..

It's slightly different but in the George situation they didn't get back a player as good as Melo.. It's kinda apples to oranges but at the same time are we really gonna act like Carmelo Anthony is a straight scrub? Like the fact that he's in the trade doesn't move the needle?

giphy.gif

And okay yeah melo but you think a pick not gonna be involved? Kyrie 25. Melo got 2 washed years left on his deal and will be overpaid for what he would do on the cavs. Also this trade would force Cavs to try and trade TT or love because you can't have melo, bron, TT, and love all out there at the same time. (Love not getting benched), (can't take TT rebounding out the lineup), (Cant have Bron play SG, and if you do, that lineup has no perimeter D) unless melo comes off the bench but then...you traded kyrie for a bench player making ridiculous amounts of money?

You can't have Wiggins on that list, he's still like 12 years old b. Let him finish his rookie contract at least first

I dont get what you're saying though..Wiggins been playing for 3 years but he's in the same echelon as washed melo right now as far as contribution on the court
  • Beta
    Options
    I still say if kryie had not fractured his knee in game 1 of tha NBA finals that cavs would be up 2-1 ova tha warriors

Thanks man
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

Makes no sense. Kyrie signed a 5 year extension before LeBron came back. He knew the team was gonna be ass then. Stephen a said he feels he'll be "stuck" in Cleveland if LeBron leaves but he signed up to be "stuck" in the first place.. ? reasoning

No, his point was kyrie thought it was his team BEFORE LeBron came back.

Kyrie also got a ring and a career high scoring average out of being the 2nd option, so what's the problem?

ego

That aint a problem in this case.. hes tired of waitin to be served hes like let me cook
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He avg 25 n 5 as a number two, it ain't about him being held back he just wanna b the man instead, that 25 Gon b a lil harder to get without bron. Also I think Cavs organization woes are a factor
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Makes no sense. Kyrie signed a 5 year extension before LeBron came back. He knew the team was gonna be ass then. Stephen a said he feels he'll be "stuck" in Cleveland if LeBron leaves but he signed up to be "stuck" in the first place.. ? reasoning

No, his point was kyrie thought it was his team BEFORE LeBron came back.

Kyrie also got a ring and a career high scoring average out of being the 2nd option, so what's the problem?

ego

That aint a problem in this case.. hes tired of waitin to be served hes like let me cook

That's ego
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm the knicks if we giving up picks and ? I'll pass.. ? it.. We got all our picks going forward.. Thats a good thing..
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Outta his preferred destinations SA is the most intriguing but they dont have the assets.

Minnesota signed teague

New york would have to give up porzingis

I guess miami lol

? ...

Minnesota would figure that ? out, lol

minnesota cant even trade teague until like december

Then sign Kyrie, keep Teague and pay the tax until you can move him or find another package or scenario that'll make it work.

GMs have multiple options available to them.

? act like you can't have two point guards on the same team.

Bottom line, Kyrie on that team makes them a lot better

• Beta
    Options
    Outta his preferred destinations SA is the most intriguing but they dont have the assets.

Minnesota signed teague

I guess miami lol

? ...

Then sign Kyrie, keep Teague and pay the tax until you can move him or find another package or scenario that'll make it work.

Okay but who is getting traded from minny then if it ain't Teague?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minnesota signed teague

I guess miami lol

? ...

I don't know man - Off top - maybe Dieng, Taj and and future pick.

I would even possibly consider letting go of one of their "untouchables" in a three team deal, if they could get very strong value in the transaction.

It's not a cakewalk but it's possible.

Y'all gotta stop pretending y'all are GMs.
  • Beta
    Options

Minnesota signed teague

I guess miami lol

? ...

I don't know man - Off top - maybe Dieng, Taj and and future pick.

I would even possibly consider letting go of one of their "untouchables" in a three team deal, if they could get very strong value in the transaction.

It's not a cakewalk but it's possible.

Y'all gotta stop pretending y'all are GMs.

"Y'all gotta stop pretending y'all are GMs."

I'm just making conversation about the move you brought up man the ? ? Lol

But iight the Cavs trade kyrie for two frontcourt bench players, and a pick that won't be a good one for at least the next 4 years..

I hope they make that
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

I dont get what you're saying though..Wiggins been playing for 3 years but he's in the same echelon as washed melo right now as far as contribution on the court

watch your mouth !
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

giphy.gif

watch your mouth !

That's a compliment more than anything it's moreso a testament to melo's fall off

Bout time you changed your avi fam

Your last one had ? Kevin love in it or some ?
  • freshb651
    Options
    we do not need Kyrie on our squad,Towns,Wiggins,Butler need shots
  • freshb651
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

giphy.gif

watch your mouth !

That's a compliment more than anything it's moreso a testament to melo's fall off

Bout time you changed your avi fam

Your last ? had ? Kevin love in it or some ?

Thaddeus Young lol
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie for lonzo in the air I told ? !!

I'm a laker fan I'm sick
    :# :s

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol.. He not bobbing his head to the beat or the flow.. he bobbing to the lyrics.. wow