DR. JEK wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    i think ? need to know that there is a difference between great and best..
    ? dont aways run concurrent..

Mayweather is technically a better boxer than Ali..
    but he aint greater than..

jus sayin..

Jay is technically a better rapper than big. But he ain't greater than.

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Biggie the BoJack of hiphop..

All of that and he doesn't have a better performance than victory, and he doesn't have a better album than ready to die........

When you distill it all the way down to just gettin in the both and rapping.....

Big > Jay

my ? i like Big over Jay..
    im not the biggest Jay fan at all..

but c'mo!!? Big aint take hiphop to this level.. Jay did..

this is why Jordan is greater than Kareem but ill slap fire to a ? sayin he better..
    Jordan took the NBA to the next level..

Biggie was a ? artist..
    as dope as he was he was jus that..
    street level ? ..

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of the company that owned his conpany..

gettin his masters ownin stakes in a sports team.. big kickin it wit Buffet..

when Hilliary ? ass needed votes they aint call Common..

Jays that ? man..

it aint even nothin to argue..

Well then how come Jay wasn't doing that when Big was alive? How come when they was both here Jay of the two of them was considered more of the low level street ? ? Even when Big died Big was ahead of Jay in mainstream success so if Big wouldna died I have every reason to believe everything Jay has and accomplished woulda been Biggie's legacy instead. ? died and Jay saw what Big was tryna do and put his blinker on in his car and switched to that Lane and that's how he got to the top. If Big and Pac were alive Jay never gets this far.

? need to stop w/ this ? ass, ? "When Pac/Big was alive, Jay....." or "If Pac/Big was still alive Jay....."

Reasonable Doubt dropped 3 months before Pac died and 9 months before Big.

? , I'm surprised you ? haven't pinned their deaths on Jay, since you know, he wouldn't have been ? if they were still alive.

? makes no sense plus they was putting all they own money into their label for them to go gold in the mist of both 2pac and Biggie being alive shows you ppl was ? with him the way ? be acting you would think Jay was on a major dropped his album and sold like 1000 copies..... ? be goofy with this "if Big and Pac didn't die blah blah blah" like ppl bought Jay albums becuz there was nothing else to cop you think if hard knock life came out on def jam and big and pac were still alive Jay wouldn't have sold??? Then the funny thing is if you don't agree don't agree with them you being a Jay warrior or whatever corny jokes ? tell like them same fools won't take a real life bullet for Nas Big or Pac the way they stan for them..... Stans who always stan for other rappers shouldn't complain about stans smh

Right Jay was such a nobody Pac felt the need to diss him and Big collaborated TWICE w/ him before he died.

But you know, he wasn't ? back then.

Must be nice to bite the ? outta somebody who when they was alive you was considered their little manz type ? . And all the hundreds of times you used his lyrics you can always stick it under the umbrella of "I'm just big upping my brother". Jay wouldn't have been considered GROAT if he woulda Died after VOL 1. The fact that Big is still getting that consideration after getting murk after just his first two speaks to the how much higher a level he was on. Jay gets Capped after 97 he might be as popular as Big L but that's about it and you and @GetoBoy know it too, stop playing games!

? you ethering your own post.

Big L got more praise and shine AFTER he died. So by your reasoning Jay might have has well if he died after Vol.1

After Big died he had a two classic albums and or one classic and one near classic ('depending on how you look at it)

If Jay woulda died he woulda had two alright albums

Reasonable Doubt was just a alright album??? Cam'ron is that you ? becuz yo hate for Jay is strong lololololol

Four good songs on there and the first single from it was a simp Anthem that Fox destroyed him on. I'm good brotha you can keep that, I'll take Blueprint, the Black Album, and American Gangster over that revisionist classic any day of the week.

And with Watch the throne clearly you heard a damn different album than I did. Don't act like Jays verses was super amazing on that ? .

Yo do know that Jay wrote that verse, right?...lol

Well that makes it even more crazy, why didn't he write a better two verses for himself?

B if u think Jay's verses werent on par with what she spit then aint no need to talk about this ? lol....Seems like you really have something against Jay....

If I had a real problem with the guy I wouldn't give his actual good albums props. I've never said anything negative about American Gangster, about the Black Album, about the first Blueprint. I'm just honest with the fact that some of his ? is overrated too tho. I can admit that, you cats can't! Whenever I talk to anybody offline away from the I.C about "ain't no ? " most times people only remember Foxy going off. I don't even like the song anyway but if something good had to be said about it is atleast Foxy had a good flow on it, Real talk. If you waiting on me to give that song that is an anthem for simp ? anymore shine than that then you gonna be waiting forever. I'm a damn truth teller. Those other three albums is cool, reasonable dought had dead Presidents, D'evils, BK finest (where Big was killing Jay) and friend or foe was cool, the rest was a damn weed plate over 70's beats and boring as ? . Don't like it, whatever, I don't know what to tell you. Ask me about any of his albums or songs and I will tell you the truth whether it's contrary to your opinion or not.

Lol...iight homie so I guess Mary bodied Jay on Cant Knock The Hustle, Mecca bodied him on Feelin It and Bleek did the same on Coming of Age....You dont have to like the album it can be wack, overrated etc but yo, drop those song stealing bars that Foxy was spitting that you think really separated the two on that track...lol

He thinks everyone sonned Jay on everything ? real life said Ye sonned Jay on EVERY song on WTT smh

I wanna hear those songs that happened

Otis (for sure)
    ? in paris
    Murder to excellence (even tho this was a little closer)
    Who gonna stop me
    Gotta have it (even tho that one was close too)
    New day
    No church (definitely without a doubt)

LMAO @ you telling me I wanna hear which songs. like I won't ? just tell you or something! No prob ? !

Ouuu....put me on the spot didn't you? I'm sure you thought you did.

Boy if u don't gtfoh.. Lol

Jay lost his mind on who gon stop me.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Features Outrapping Jay z? That's the angle y'all going with?? Lol
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

All of that and he doesn't have a better performance than victory, and he doesn't have a better album than ready to die........

When you distill it all the way down to just gettin in the both and rapping.....

Big > Jay

this is why Jordan is greater than Kareem but ill slap fire to a ? sayin he better..

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of the company that owned his conpany..

Jays that ? man..

Well then how come Jay wasn't doing that when Big was alive? How come when they was both here Jay of the two of them was considered more of the low level street ? ? Even when Big died Big was ahead of Jay in mainstream success so if Big wouldna died I have every reason to believe everything Jay has and accomplished woulda been Biggie's legacy instead. ? died and Jay saw what Big was tryna do and put his blinker on in his car and switched to that Lane and that's how he got to the top. If Big and Pac were alive Jay never gets this far.

? need to stop w/ this ? ass, ? "When Pac/Big was alive, Jay....." or "If Pac/Big was still alive Jay....."

? , I'm surprised you ? haven't pinned their deaths on Jay, since you know, he wouldn't have been ? if they were still alive.

? makes no sense plus they was putting all they own money into their label for them to go gold in the mist of both 2pac and Biggie being alive shows you ppl was ? with him the way ? be acting you would think Jay was on a major dropped his album and sold like 1000 copies..... ? be goofy with this "if Big and Pac didn't die blah blah blah" like ppl bought Jay albums becuz there was nothing else to cop you think if hard knock life came out on def jam and big and pac were still alive Jay wouldn't have sold??? Then the funny thing is if you don't agree don't agree with them you being a Jay warrior or whatever corny jokes ? tell like them same fools won't take a real life bullet for Nas Big or Pac the way they stan for them..... Stans who always stan for other rappers shouldn't complain about stans smh

Right Jay was such a nobody Pac felt the need to diss him and Big collaborated TWICE w/ him before he died.

Must be nice to bite the ? outta somebody who when they was alive you was considered their little manz type ? . And all the hundreds of times you used his lyrics you can always stick it under the umbrella of "I'm just big upping my brother". Jay wouldn't have been considered GROAT if he woulda Died after VOL 1. The fact that Big is still getting that consideration after getting murk after just his first two speaks to the how much higher a level he was on. Jay gets Capped after 97 he might be as popular as Big L but that's about it and you and @GetoBoy know it too, stop playing games!

Big L got more praise and shine AFTER he died. So by your reasoning Jay might have has well if he died after Vol.1

After Big died he had a two classic albums and or one classic and one near classic ('depending on how you look at it)

Reasonable Doubt was just a alright album??? Cam'ron is that you ? becuz yo hate for Jay is strong lololololol

Four good songs on there and the first single from it was a simp Anthem that Fox destroyed him on. I'm good brotha you can keep that, I'll take Blueprint, the Black Album, and American Gangster over that revisionist classic any day of the week.

And with Watch the throne clearly you heard a damn different album than I did. Don't act like Jays verses was super amazing on that ? .

Well that makes it even more crazy, why didn't he write a better two verses for himself?

B if u think Jay's verses werent on par with what she spit then aint no need to talk about this ? lol....Seems like you really have something against Jay....

If I had a real problem with the guy I wouldn't give his actual good albums props. I've never said anything negative about American Gangster, about the Black Album, about the first Blueprint. I'm just honest with the fact that some of his ? is overrated too tho. I can admit that, you cats can't! Whenever I talk to anybody offline away from the I.C about "ain't no ? " most times people only remember Foxy going off. I don't even like the song anyway but if something good had to be said about it is atleast Foxy had a good flow on it, Real talk. If you waiting on me to give that song that is an anthem for simp ? anymore shine than that then you gonna be waiting forever. I'm a damn truth teller. Those other three albums is cool, reasonable dought had dead Presidents, D'evils, BK finest (where Big was killing Jay) and friend or foe was cool, the rest was a damn weed plate over 70's beats and boring as ? . Don't like it, whatever, I don't know what to tell you. Ask me about any of his albums or songs and I will tell you the truth whether it's contrary to your opinion or not.

Lol...iight homie so I guess Mary bodied Jay on Cant Knock The Hustle, Mecca bodied him on Feelin It and Bleek did the same on Coming of Age....You dont have to like the album it can be wack, overrated etc but yo, drop those song stealing bars that Foxy was spitting that you think really separated the two on that track...lol

I refuse to do a line for line break down for a simp anthem that I don't ? wit. Foxy was more remembered off the strength people liked her looks probably. Other people told me they felt foxy stole the show, I personally don't like any verse from either, only brown nosing ? get wit it.

Yea, I figured you wouldnt....lol...You know that a line break down wouldnt bode too well for you....You talkn crazy....You can take that verse and apply it to 95% of Foxy's songs you acting like she was something that we'd never heard from her...lol....Oh now she was more remembered for her looks and not the bars? But you spent the day talkn bout how she out-shined Jay rapping...lol...Im done homie, you got it....lol
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Listening to Jay & Nas last album, the ? is nowhere near Nas. Jayz say something halfway insightful ? act like hes a great philosopher or something. Nas been kickin knowledge since day one, and he does it better lyrically. Nas is the GOAT

? you
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

m

we talkin about compare that to a ? music mogul who went and owned his own company and was president of th

Jays that ? man..

Well then how come Jay wasn't doing that when Big was alive? How come when they was both here Jay of the two of them was considered more of the low level street ? ? Even when Big died Big was ahead of Jay in mainstream success

I refuse to do a line for line break down for a simp anthem that I don't ? wit. Foxy was more remembered off the strength people liked her looks probably. Other people told me they felt foxy stole the show, I personally don't like any verse from either, only brown nosing ? g

Yea, I figured you wouldnt....lol...You know that a line break down wouldnt bode too well for you....You talkn crazy....You can take that verse and apply it to 95% of Foxy's songs you acting like she was something that we'd never heard from her...lol....Oh now she was more remembered for her looks and not the bars? But you spent the day talkn bout how she out-shined Jay rapping...lol...Im done homie, you got it....lol

I've said a million Jillion times on this site I don't ? wit "Aint no ? ". I can only go by what people that do like it kinda indicated. Bar wise I don't appreciate either on that ? and rather listen to "I"ll Be" if I ? wit any joint that involves both of them. She probably was just more recognizable of the two of them as far as what people mighta thunk, hell if I know, ? song about sponsoring ? shopping addictions might make him the greatest rapper of all time TO YOU, but ? is wack as ? to me.
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    @a_list the site won't let me quote you but here's the deal

Why people tend to remember Fox on that joint more than Jay I have no Idea. It coulda been that she rode the beat a little better, it coulda been thirsty ? watch the video and was like "who's that?" There not just one way to steal the scene on a track and I'm talking general here. Now if I speak specifically, I've said a million Jillion times on this site over the years, I don't ? wit the song to even let you know "damn, she got him right there when she said that". Gun to my head, if I had to mess wit a song evolving the two of them, I rather play "I"ll Be" which ain't the greatest either but better than "Ain't no ? ". An Anthem about Sponsoring ? shopping addictions might be YOUR idea of the greatest rapper of all times but it's not mine. Thanks but No thanks!
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    any great in any other music genre of outside music is in demand coast to coast. What other rapper has had such a tenured career and has a large following across the entire country 20 years in the game? Add that to his solid catalog to compliment the fanfare and international popularity.

Nas
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any great in any other music genre of outside music is in demand coast to coast. What other rapper has had such a tenured career and has a large following across the entire country 20 years in the game? Add that to his solid catalog to compliment the fanfare and international popularity.

Nas

2 different kinds of career. They dont really do the same thing or move the same. They have different places in the game.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    But fck it there's really no way, after the career dude's had, and to still be all over the radio and one of the most relevant rappers and still putting out quality material...again the continued relevancy alone speaks for itself. There's no way to objectively say dude dont have a case. Like I said I think its Pac but Jay Z has all the tangibles to put him in the running if anybody else is. He's earned it and it is what it is.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    5 GOAT rappers to consider before Jay-Z
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Yes Jay-Z has many achievements in his career along with awards and album sales. But to be considered GOAT ask yourself this question is his music better than the ones listed above? Is he as influential? Has he made a bigger impact? In my honest opinion no. Is he one of the greatest? yes.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Yes Jay-Z has many achievements in his career along with awards and album sales. But to be considered GOAT ask yourself this question is his music better than the ones listed above? Is he as influential? Has he made a bigger impact? In my honest opinion no. Is he one of the greatest? yes.

Jay is a better rapper than Face and LL, that's for sure, technically speaking.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

nahh @ LL. He a legend but no GOAT contestant to me. Had a spark in the eighties and a nice comeback album and that was it. Been livin off his name for like twenty years
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

I'll take Jay's discography over everybody on that list but Face and Nas.

And Yes he has been more influential and had a bigger impact than everyone on that list w/ probably the exception of Pac.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. LL went double plat in 1987. Thats saying a lot. Rap wasn't played on daytime top 40 radio and Yo! MTV Raps and The Source didn't exist yet. Rap was truly underground so selling 2xPlat was a big deal in 1987.

2. If you're going to say "what if Big had lived" or "what if Pac lived" then you can reverse the argument and say, "what if Ja Rule died right before GRODT came out"? Would Ja Rule be top 10 DOA? Would Ja Rule be top 5 if he got shot to death after dissing Eminem with that "If your mother's a crackhead" line?

Thats the problem with hypotheticals, they're infinite. You can make up infinite ways the Big/Pac situation would have played out.

At the end of the day, Jay Z has a legitimate claim for the throne, but its not cut and dry.
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

And Yes he has been more influential and had a bigger impact than everyone on that list w/ probably the exception of Pac.

With subpar albums like BP3, Kingdom Come and Magna Carta Holy Grail hes not touching this list. Not even gonna mention his two collabs with R.Kelly those were worse
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    270crownst wrote: »
    50 don't have a diamond album..get rich or die trying haven't reach 9 mill yet...

What jay z cd is diamond? His highest sale is 5mill… facts
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

jus sayin..

20+ yrs >> 3yrs

Big > Jay

Biggie was a ? artist..
    street level ? ..

Jays that ? man..

Jay was livin the ? big was talkin.....Puttin his blinker on was pretty far fetched.

Big had a 2 year head start album wise......

Puff had a formula that propelled big pretty damn far......Which is essentially saying what if aaron rodgers had bill belichick?

Jay's time came when Hard Knock life dropped. He could have sold 5 mil in and Pac and big's space. Hard Knock Life didn't sound like anything Big or Pac had done previously.

if, if was a 5th we'd all be ? ? ....Big could have easily been a rapin you records story, the history of Bad Boy compensating its artists is not on the side of happily ever after.

Because of the philly influnce… facts
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Nas

2 different kinds of career. They dont really do the same thing or move the same. They have different places in the game.

Tell that to Jay. He want him as an alley, then as competition, before being associates. The both claimed king of NY. Both rapped the mafiosi style at one time. Both had Foxy with them. Both have Platinum albums.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

With subpar albums like BP3, Kingdom Come and Magna Carta Holy Grail hes not touching this list. Not even gonna mention his two collabs with R.Kelly those were worse

Yeah cuz none of them have any wack ? .

Did I miss something? Did the real LL die after Mr.Smith and that was a clone that made all them ? albums.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

nahh @ LL. He a legend but no GOAT contestant to me. Had a spark in the eighties and a nice comeback album and that was it. Been livin off his name for like twenty years

mfs clickin on wack and nosign as expected but wont bring up facts

aight name a memorable LL song in this century yall

and Accidental Racist dont count
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

With subpar albums like BP3, Kingdom Come and Magna Carta Holy Grail hes not touching this list. Not even gonna mention his [ [ b]two collabs with R.Kelly those were worse[/b]

Actually I'll take the first BOBW over the other sub par Jay albums you named but I agree wit everything else you said.
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    No
    270crownst wrote: »
    50 don't have a diamond album..get rich or die trying haven't reach 9 mill yet...

What jay z cd is diamond? His highest sale is 5mill… facts

True Jay aint never had one of these GRODT-Diamond.jpg