Options

Comments

• Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a difference between Native americans and us. Native americans came from asia. Us were already here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6hAO1rX1U
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a difference between Native americans and us. Native americans came from asia. Us were already here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6hAO1rX1U

There is evidence for & against this theory

Neither is set in stone. Its debatable
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread about to get good!

Shout out to the Amerindians (Carib & Arawak) from the Caribbean.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    To everybody that says ? is disrespectful, don't let me go back and find a post of you using the word "? ".

I'm mixed, I can say whatever the ? I want.

... ? .
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2017
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    My family is from the Dominican Republic. Being Black is associated with slavery so almost everyone claims to be "Indio", even though the Taino Indians were basically wiped out by the time Columbus started bringing slaves to Hispaniola, and it's actually one of the reasons why he did. One time I got ? and called my mom out on this @ a gathering when she tried to tell someone our background.

Good times.

This is because Columbus is the man responsible for the wholesale enslavement of natives across the region. He is the real originator of the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade.

I wrote about this already:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/556591/whos-owed-more-natives-for-stolen-land-or-blacks-for-forced-free-labor/p2
    ...Native Americans were also enslaved en masse in this country. Columbus was responsible for starting the Native slave trade in 1493 by capturing Natives and shipping them back to Spain. In only a few years time nearly a million Natives had been rounded up from the islands and Central America and sent to Spain to be sold as slaves but it didn't stop there...

Natives from The Americas and Caribbean islands had been enslaved for 120 years before the first slave ship arrived here carrying Africans.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't natives dislike the term "native american", because America is the name the colonizers gave the land?. America aint supposed to be america.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Don't natives dislike the term "native american", because America is the name the colonizers gave the land?. America aint supposed to be america.

Cosign

Calling yourself a "Native American" means that you're letting the whiteman define you. Same with calling yourself an "African American".
  • konceptjones
    Options

I've supported "First Nation Native" being extended to all of us.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Natives take pride in their Tribal Nation.

If u ask a native person what they are they will most likely rep their Tribe.

Im Hidatsa of the 3 Affiliated Tribes

But there are over 500 tribal nations so if we talkin about the race in general "Native American" "American Indians" "Natives" "NDNs" all acceptable.

Some things that are offensive include Injuns, Redskins, or Prarie ? ... Thats ? that John Wayne wannabe whiteboys call indians.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

I've supported "First Nation Native" being extended to all of us.

I heard the Canadian natives go by "1st Nations"
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    800px-Flag_of_the_American_Indian_Movement.svg.png

The American Indian Movement (AIM) was founded by Natives and was targeted by the FBI in COINTELPRO

Natives stopped worrying about America being called America long ago. Theres more important issues to fight about.
  • Westie
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

But there are over 500 tribal nations so if we talkin about the race in general "Native American" "American Indians" "Natives" "NDNs" all acceptable.

Some things that are offensive include Injuns, Redskins, or Prarie ? ... Thats ? that John Wayne wannabe whiteboys call indians.

Prarie ? ???? That's a thing?

Uggghhhh white people.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

@ the bolded

Realistically all the "Native Americans", "African Americans" and "Euro Americans" have mixed and intermarried so many times since 1492 that I doubt anybody is 100% pure of any tribe. I'd be surprised if anybody is even 50% of any tribe.

Although I have absolutely no facts nor have I done any research to support my claim; if you see somebody thats light skinned, he's probably part Native.
  • Westie
    Options
    Sorry if this is politically incorrect but every time I've heard a First Nation Native speak, their voices are sooooo calming.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most black people if they are mixed are mixed with white not native this sick desire to be part native is sad..
  • TheGOAT
    Options

@ the bolded

Realistically all the "Native Americans", "African Americans" and "Euro Americans" have mixed and intermarried so many times since 1492 that I doubt anybody is 100% pure of any tribe. I'd be surprised if anybody is even 50% of any tribe.

Although I have absolutely no facts nor have I done any research to support my claim; if you see somebody thats light skinned, he's probably part Native.

Your an idiot
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Most black people if they are mixed are mixed with white not native this sick desire to be part native is sad..

Yeah but most white people are mixed with Native.

If you see a dark complexioned white person with dark hair, he's probably got something besides white in his blood.

Think about it, during reconstruction Native people tried to pass for Black and Mulato Black people tried to pass for white.
  • Westie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My grandfather was supposed to be a Carib, but I don't know much about it. He was born in suriname.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

@ the bolded

Your an idiot

Why am I an idiot?
  • konceptjones
    Options

@ the bolded

as it concerns Natives, you'd be very wrong.

Europeans from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, France, and every other European country that sits on the Mediterranean all have African bloodlines, especially the Spanish and Italians. They're already mixed.

African Americans? Typically light skinned Black folks have white somewhere in the family tree. Depending on the tribe, a lot of times when Black folks mix with Natives you end up with dark brown skin, not light skinned because they're both dark in color from jump.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My grandfather was supposed to be a Carib, but I don't know much about it. He was born in suriname.

Words on my ends is that my great grand mother was a Carib as well, via trinidad.

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ the bolded

as it concerns Natives, you'd be very wrong.

Europeans from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, France, and every other European country that sits on the Mediterranean all have African bloodlines, especially the Spanish and Italians. They're already mixed.

African Americans? Typically light skinned Black folks have white somewhere in the family tree. Depending on the tribe, a lot of times when Black folks mix with Natives you end up with dark brown skin, not light skinned because they're both dark in color from jump.

What if I told you the richest Moors in Spain made a pact to convert and join the Christians so they can hold their wealth. The majority of the Spanish landowners are really descendants of Moors that converted.

I saw this on a doc on the BBC after they did a DNA test on the descendants of the heroes from the conquest. They all had Moorish DNA.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My family is from the Dominican Republic. Being Black is associated with slavery so almost everyone claims to be "Indio", even though the Taino Indians were basically wiped out by the time Columbus started bringing slaves to Hispaniola, and it's actually one of the reasons why he did. One time I got ? and called my mom out on this @ a gathering when she tried to tell someone our background.

Good times.

How come Dominicans Neva give my Haitian people's credit for helping them get out of slavery not once but twice?

Because Haitians wanted to cleanse the island after emancipating themselves and killed a lot of Dominicans. It wasn't all peaches and cream after Haiti freed the island, in their quest to remove the European influence they did stuff that irks a lot of Dominicans.

Plus Dominicans have stockholm syndrome or something. I don't understand their loyalty to their colonizers.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good times.

How come Dominicans Neva give my Haitian people's credit for helping them get out of slavery not once but twice?

Because Haitians wanted to cleanse the island after emancipating themselves and killed a lot of Dominicans. It wasn't all peaches and cream after Haiti freed the island, in their quest to remove the European influence they did stuff that irks a lot of Dominicans.

Plus Dominicans have stockholm syndrome or something. I don't understand their loyalty to their colonizers.

I appreciate your insight & knowledge to tha question I asked