Right now, If 50 put out an album on the same caliber as 4:44, where would he rank?

Options
13»

Comments

• MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Random-

Could it be.........

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe people think 50 a great rapper lol
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    50 Cent had the "unfortunate" event of being too successful early in his career and for being rubbing it in the faces of ? that if he dropped an album like 4:44, people would dismiss it and undermine it EVEN if it went 1x platinum. They'd say "well it ain't sold 10 mil" and write off Fif SMMFH.

50 don't rap for money or fame because he's already super rich, he doesn't have to. He raps because he feels like it. That's why he branched off into business ventures outside of music.

They?

? 50 made his career about album sales, not us.

It was 50 that challenged Kanye on albums sales, not us. And it was 50 who ? and whined, and said Def Jam/Roc-a-Fella were buying Ye albums, not us.

No he didn't that's what the media ran with. People didn't respect the quality of the music so he mentioned the success of GRODT to ? off his detractors (Piggybank). The media took that ? and ran with it and he used it as a ploy when Kanye West vs 50 Cent ? popped off. He's said this many a time in interviews it wasn't his aim to make anything about sales he just wanted people to respect his music. He even said they didn't even want to give him a Grammy despite being so successful.

It's ? up tho that to spite 50 Cent, people went out and bought Kanye West albums just so they could see 50 lose. That alone speaks volumes.

Oh, so the media made 50 ? on other rappers when "flpped".

FOH w/ that poly ? . He said all that ? AFTER Graduation whopped his ass.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Can't believe people think 50 a great rapper lol

Late 90's to mid 2000's 50 was dropping heat left to right, but since then it's been hit or miss.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE ONLY WAY A GOOD 50 ALBUM WILL HELP HIM MOVE UP IN THE RANKS IS IF IT GIVES HIM A 2ND WIND OF GOOD PROJECTS. LIKE WHAT OB4CL2 DID FOR RAEKWON.

I DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN BC MUSIC HASN'T BEEN A PRIORITY FOR 50 LATELY.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 has dope rap records though, he just doesn't rap the way jay does so people see him as inferior. That kanaan tape was great so if 50 put out some record where he talks about personal stuff like his relationship with his sons, maneuvering the world of entertainment and deal making knowledge then I think it would be just as good as 444. Jay has the more clever bars. 50's on some other ? at this point but I would listen to a 444 style record day 1.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo y'all ? is fake. Every single person in this thread ? with 50 at one point idgaf
  • blue_london
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »
    Yo y'all ? is fake. Every single person in this thread ? with 50 at one point idgaf

w2utrqvef43w.gif
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

What the ? that gotta do w/ the mostly ? music he's put out since The Massacre.

So we suppose to say ? is good when it's not simply bcuz we ? w/ his early stuff?

FOH ?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wayne better than 50?

You ? smoking ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember when GRODT came out. I was about 13. Even then I thought it was a hype. Dope beats, hooks and decent verses. ? went on like it was the Chronic (I imagine).

Only songs to touch the 32mb MP3 player were 21 Questions and Many Men.

• MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

w2utrqvef43w.gif

I mean your screen name "Blue London" I don't think he expect you to like 50 at some point
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So we suppose to say ? is good when it's not simply bcuz we ? w/ his early stuff?

FOH ?

What ? music? Curtis had a few tracks i wasnt feelin but was dope, war angel LP was fire, Forever King was fire, Before i Self Destruct was good, 5 murder by numbers was dope. Terminate on Site was good, Beauty of independence was fire, The Beast is G-unit was fire. Even the Kanan tape was good. You must be deaf. If you dont like the man just say so
  • blue_london
    Options

w2utrqvef43w.gif

I mean your screen name "Blue London" I don't think he expect you to like 50 at some point

I'm. Going to need you to explain how every single person cancels me out because my name
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

FOH ?

What ? music? Curtis had a few tracks i wasnt feelin but was dope, war angel LP was fire, Forever King was fire, Before i Self Destruct was good, 5 murder by numbers was dope. Terminate on Site was good, Beauty of independence was fire, The Beast is G-unit was fire. Even the Kanan tape was good. You must be deaf. If you dont like the man just say so

? you a known 50 stan so......opinion null & void
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

FOH ?

Stan how? I know its alot of folks on the IC that donr like him nor his music. Im a Cali boy and i like that gangsta rap ? . I came with facts. Just admit you dont like the ? no need to beat around the bush
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Im not really into 50's new music... BUT I think 50 is underrated, especially as story teller, 'Guess Whos Back', '50 Bars' etc are classics to me and he has the odd tune on his other albums that touch on personal matters from his childhood or street days...

So it would be dope to hear 50 make an album with soul samples and/or make a real personal album, still spitting some street tales and shouting hood legends etc but relating to schitt that he has done in the past, really talking about his mother and family etc, I think even 'tellemblancosentya' posted up that pics of him, like that one where he is young as fck with in front of a Benz, he only posts up official dudes... He has gone through some mad drama in his past from being lit up to the drama with his baby mamma and his son to his real mother etc it would be dope to hear it put onto wax over more chilled out beats, like Nas's 'Lost Tapes', Fab's first 'Soul Tape' or even Jay's '444'...

For instance when 50 spat on 'Hate it Love It' I thought he killed that first verse, and the beat was less aggressive then what he puts out now, so I think 50 is capable of putting out a real left field album with no typical love songs or specific songs aimed at the radio etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMBmK5uksg
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 is at his best when he makes music like this...

https://youtu.be/l-9pGIDsyvs

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    50 is at his best when he makes music like this...

https://youtu.be/l-9pGIDsyvs

That kinda grimey 50 is fire, but he does drop some trash aswell when he trying drop that kinda music...
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of you probably hate 4:44 but don't want to admit it for fear of looking dumb.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

FOH ?

Stan how? I know its alot of folks on the IC that donr like him nor his music. Im a Cali boy and i like that gangsta rap ? . I came with facts. Just admit you dont like the ? no need to beat around the bush

What facts? That was ALL opinion ?

And I don't hate 50. Power of the Dollar, 50 Cent Is the Future, Guess Who's Back?, The Massacre, and Get Rich stay in rotation.