Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

? ! I call ? . we are not going 1-15. 4 -12 maybe, but not 1-15. FOH. Pats not going undefeated n titans r not gonna win 12 gms smh
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jets are not going 1-15!!.......they might go 0-16 lol
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Ima need giants to pick up one of these veteran LTs out there just in case Flowers continues to suck or gets hurt...another CB wouldn't hurt...but I'm sure they are going to see what they have in house first during training camp
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Raiders quarterback Derek Carr may have the highest salary in the league, but he also may not even be the best player from the Raiders’ 2014 draft class.

Carr thinks Raiders linebacker Khalil Mack would blow away the league’s sack record and record 30 sacks if referees would call holding the way they should on offensive tackles who grab Mack.

“Because we know this is going to blow up, I’m gonna say 30,” Carr said on SiriusXM. “If he doesn’t get held . . . if they start calling the holdings, if they start calling them like they should — I’m saying 30.”

Mack has a total of 30 sacks in his three-year NFL career, so expecting him to get 30 in one season is unrealistic. Maybe Michael Strahan’s record of 22.5 sacks in a season is a more realistic goal.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Research on 202 former football players found evidence of a brain disease in nearly all of them, from athletes in the NFL down to high school.

It's the biggest update so far on chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE. The disease has been linked with repeated head blows, and the results confirm that it can happen even in young players. But the report, which is in Tuesday's Journal of the American Medical Association, reflects only high occurrence in samples at a Boston brain bank, and many donors contributed because of troubling symptoms before death.

CTE was diagnosed in 177 former players, or nearly 90 percent of brains studied.

Researchers still don't know how common it is in football or the general population. Some players with repeated concussions never develop it.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    COPS:
    GUY WE ARRESTED IS NOT LUCKY WHITEHEAD
    ... Case Dropped

Lucky Whitehead was telling the TRUTH -- he was not the man arrested for shoplifting on June 22, this according to Prince William County officials who say the REAL perp was an imposter.

We spoke with Commonwealth's attorney, Paul Ebert, who says the case against ex-Dallas Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead has been dropped after an internal investigation into the arrest.
    Long story short ... Ebert says the man was only "verbally identified" by the arresting officer at the crime scene. The arrestee did not have I.D. on him.
    The man told cops he was Lucky Whitehead and gave them Lucky's information, including birthday and social security number, Ebert says.
    The officers ran the information through the DMV system and believed the man they had arrested matched the photo of "Lucky Whitehead" that was on file.
    After Lucky publicly declared his innocence, claiming he wasn't even in the state of Virgnia at the time of the arrest, officers went back and reviewed surveillance video at the convenience store. Footage showed the suspect was NOT Lucky Whitehead.
    Cops are now on the hunt for the man in the video.
    Lucky's agent, Dave Rich, tells TMZ Sports, "Lucky is thrilled justice was served and his name was cleared. It's a shame that he came into town to do a camp for kids and he ended up getting cut by his professional football team."
    The Prince William County Police Dept. has also issued a statement:
    "Upon reviewing the June 22, 2017 arrest of an individual named 'Rodney Darnell Whitehead, Jr.', the police department is confident that the man charged with petit larceny, and who is subsequently being sought on an active warrant for failure to appear in court, is not Lucky Whitehead of the Dallas Cowboys."
    "The man charged on the morning of June 22 was not in possession of identification at the time of the encounter; however, did verbally provide identifying information to officers, which included a name, date of birth, and social security number matching that of Rodney Darnell Whitehead, Jr."

"Officers then checked this information through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) database. The DMV photo on file was then used to compare to the man who was in custody."
    "Officers acted in good faith that, at the time, the man in custody was the same man matching the information provided. At this point, the police department is also confident in confirming that Mr. Whitehead’s identify was falsely provided to police during the investigation."
    "The police department is currently seeking the identity of the man involved in the incident. Since the identifying information provided by the arrestee during the investigation was apparently false, the police department is working with the Prince William County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office to clear Mr. Whitehead from this investigation."

"The police department regrets the impact these events had on Mr. Whitehead and his family."
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 wins. Dam Niners gonna dig up at least 5 wins.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

8-8? I'll definitely take it.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

Lol crazy how much love they showing us this off-season. Guess it really does matter when you have a real GM running thangs

Now as for this prediction? I mean we'll undoubtably be on top of our division. But I don't know if we'll be 12-4 on top. I'll say more like 10-6. Nevertheless, at least they got the ranking right
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

Lol crazy how much love they showing us this off-season. Guess it really does matter when you have a real GM running thangs

Now as for this prediction? I mean we'll undoubtably be on top of our division. But I don't know if we'll be 12-4 on top. I'll say more like 10-6. Nevertheless, at least they got the ranking right

Division avi bet? You and Africa aint been puttin respeck on our name.

• FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? are crazy talkin bout 10-6..We were 11-5 last year and have done nothing but upgrade our roster...Oline remains a question mark but damn.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    These ? are crazy talkin bout 10-6..We were 11-5 last year and have done nothing but upgrade our roster...Oline remains a question mark but damn.

Yall winnin 12-13 games this yr?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    NY winning the conference

ATL getting the two seed

And we getting a wild card.

Dallas falling back to 6 wins
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/07/25/lucky-whitehead-cowboys-never-gave-chance-clear-name-pretty-much-called-liar
    Lucky Whitehead speaks out on Cowboys' handling of his situation: 'I was pretty much called a liar'

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Cowboys have signs posted around their headquarters in Frisco that speak to accountability, responsibility and obligation to your teammates.

Lucky Whitehead doesn't think much of those slogans today.

"Let's not sugarcoat anything," Whitehead said during a Tuesday phone interview. "I was pretty much being called a liar."

Whitehead is disappointed that the Cowboys didn't give him a chance to clear his name of a crime he didn't commit.

"As far as the whole situation went down, I was blindsided," he said. "I didn't know about a warrant that came about in the first place. Clearly because I wasn't the person arrested. The head person [in the Cowboys organization] I told, no one backed me up. No one had my back in the whole situation. I knew about it at what? 12:45. By 2:30 I'm released."

Whitehead said he has no idea who was able to get his social security number and other personal information.

He has no idea what his NFL future holds.

"As far as the stuff that was preached [by the Cowboys], I was left out to dry," Whitehead said. "You see the mantras that are all around The Star. I mean, by 12:45 I figured out that this is even going on. By 2:30 I was released. What's the real reason? Let me clear my name. I didn't have time to do that.

"I was pretty much called a liar."
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We ? up, he was probably going to get cut anyway but the optics dont look good
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

Lol so we gone act like the feeling hasn't been mutual? like we haven't been the punchiline of jokes by Texans fans and been casually dismissed for the longest? ok cool. yea ill take you up on your avi bet. any restrictions?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    NY winning the conference

ATL getting the two seed

And we getting a wild card.

Dallas falling back to 6 wins

? like to pray for I downfall..

I got us at 10-6 furnishing 2nd behind 12-4 giants..

Skin 7-9
    Eagles 8-8
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cowboys 15-1
    Giants 15-1
    Eagles 12-4

Us poor old skins 0-16.

This how you supposed to predict the NFCE right?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USA Today Predictions

epvvj119xg9m.jpg

Lol so we gone act like the feeling hasn't been mutual? like we haven't been the punchiline of jokes by Texans fans and been casually dismissed for the longest? ok cool. yea ill take you up on your avi bet. any restrictions?

Nope!
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-atl3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/20246389_1351904551595516_3235516681010533705_n.jpg?oh=d17126d75c7bd75471e1f2bc06c22dcd&oe=59F319C3[/img]
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Dallas is a ? mess