In your opinion, who is the best rapper ever?

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so u first took that as me laughin and then u took it as me sayin words are not important..

show me where i said that u ? idiot..
    highlight it please..

ill wait.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    so u first took that as me laughin and then u took it as me sayin words are not important..

highlight it please..

ill wait.

No ? I was laughing at you for thinking words are not important.
  • power_wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Options
    flow wordplay lyrics content catalog beat selection..

i gotta go wit Jay..
    yall ? on the East is big on words..

out this way.. yo beat gotta be nice and flow gotta ride that ? first and foremost..

he aint my favorite but ? thats the first ? i can think of..

i jus enjoy music tho..
    i hate Lil Wayne but id be lyin if some of his ? dont go..
    only on here ? try and rank..

i ride on shuffle i ? wit whoever nice..

i press skip when Nas come on tho!

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Tupac

I'll take heart on a track over super lyrical any day....music should be from the heart and not how you piece words together

Nas got heart felt music. One love, black girl lost, We will survive, Dance, to name a few.

Yeah but it's not close to tupac at all

Nas is second for me

And Pac is nowhere close to being lyrical, creative or a good storyteller as Nas.

Yeah but pac make a better music overall which is the most important....theres a ton of creative ideas in hip hop or super lyrical verses and stories but I'll take the real music over that anyday

Illmatic probably the Goat album of all time. Cut it out.

But it's not....me against the world > illmatic

All eyez on me and 7 day theory > all nas albums not named illmatic

So all eyes on me is better than Iww and stillmatic? lol AEOM is one of the most overrated albums of all time

Aeom is a top 5 rap album ever and the best double disc ever.....stillmatic is a classic but it's not in the same level and ? with iww..thats a good album but not classic level

Killah Priest Psychic world of Walter Reed is the best double album I ever heard. 41 songs, all bangers no skit tracks. And I didn't like the Elizabeth album much which was 24 songs, so I was pleasantly surprised. And if everyone saying Illmatic is the best album......I don't know, maybe you are wrong.

How is an opinion about music wrong?

Thats like saying I like one painting over another

Fair point. But Illmatic > any Pac album.
    IMO no double albums are classic. I feel like every double album out there from could have been better had it been condensed into a single album. I can't think of one that couldn't have benefited from a little pruning.

And as much as I love the PWoWR and am glad it got a mention, that's definitely true for that album.

What songs didn't you like on PWOWR? And do you think it's top 5 double albums and what place would you put it out?

Even if you think illmatic is better than me against the world....pac has the next 3 best albums in a row if your ranking both discographies...and pacs first two albums fall around the level of ? 's son

Pacs 5 albums are better than nas's first 5 albums....hell id take 5 Pac albums over nas best 5 albums too

? you out your mind!

Pac had 3 classics in a row....2 really good albums....nas has 2 classics in his career and a handful of really good albums...soo...yeah it's really not difficult

Imo ice cube has 3 classics and nas has 2....i think nas has a better discography because of consistency...but let's not pretend like Pac dropped garbage before he was with death row...those albums get over shadowed but are quality projects

Matw, illmatic, aeom, 7 day, stillmatic, iww.....those are the consensus top 3 from each rapper....its a toss up between strictly 4, 2pacalypse, and gods son....with I am coming in last if we doing the top 5 from each

And I say Nas got aleast 5 classics and some very strong posibles. Illmatic, It was written, Stillmatic, Lost tapes, ? Son and that's not including Life is good or untitled. And don't tell me those aren't classic, because you said opinions can't be wrong.

i gotta go wit Jay..

out this way.. yo beat gotta be nice and flow gotta ride that ? first and foremost..

i jus enjoy music tho..

Laughing at the East being big on words. Rapping is the art of rhyming words. Staying on rhythm while making noise is ? .

Yeah I don't have iww or gods son as a classic....i also don't count lost tapes...if I did I would count r u still down from Pac and I don't

You know my opinion of life is good and Iile untitled but it's far from classic .....i like I am better than both of those albums
  • CapitalB
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

where did i say words are not important..

if i say u are big on ass,
    but im big on ? ..

did i say id date a ? wit no ass or jus simply i look at ? first?!

mentally limited mayve been an overstatement..
  • power_wisdom
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

If I say I am not big on white girls. That mean I don't really like them. You probably won't see me dating one. Just like if you say you're not big on women, then I would think they are not important to you and you prefer the company of men. Point is words is what make rap what it is. Flow with no words is ? . "The dumb only listen to the drum" Master killer was talking about you ? . Learn how to spell before you call someone limited.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Tupac

I'll take heart on a track over super lyrical any day....music should be from the heart and not how you piece words together

Nas got heart felt music. One love, black girl lost, We will survive, Dance, to name a few.

Nas is second for me

And Pac is nowhere close to being lyrical, creative or a good storyteller as Nas.

Yeah but pac make a better music overall which is the most important....theres a ton of creative ideas in hip hop or super lyrical verses and stories but I'll take the real music over that anyday

So all eyes on me is better than Iww and stillmatic? lol AEOM is one of the most overrated albums of all time

Aeom is a top 5 rap album ever and the best double disc ever.....stillmatic is a classic but it's not in the same level and ? with iww..thats a good album but not classic level

Killah Priest Psychic world of Walter Reed is the best double album I ever heard. 41 songs, all bangers no skit tracks. And I didn't like the Elizabeth album much which was 24 songs, so I was pleasantly surprised. And if everyone saying Illmatic is the best album......I don't know, maybe you are wrong.

IMO no double albums are classic. I feel like every double album out there from could have been better had it been condensed into a single album. I can't think of one that couldn't have benefited from a little pruning.

And as much as I love the PWoWR and am glad it got a mention, that's definitely true for that album.

What songs didn't you like on PWOWR? And do you think it's top 5 double albums and what place would you put it out?

Even if you think illmatic is better than me against the world....pac has the next 3 best albums in a row if your ranking both discographies...and pacs first two albums fall around the level of ? 's son

Pacs 5 albums are better than nas's first 5 albums....hell id take 5 Pac albums over nas best 5 albums too

? you out your mind!

Pac had 3 classics in a row....2 really good albums....nas has 2 classics in his career and a handful of really good albums...soo...yeah it's really not difficult

Imo ice cube has 3 classics and nas has 2....i think nas has a better discography because of consistency...but let's not pretend like Pac dropped garbage before he was with death row...those albums get over shadowed but are quality projects

Matw, illmatic, aeom, 7 day, stillmatic, iww.....those are the consensus top 3 from each rapper....its a toss up between strictly 4, 2pacalypse, and gods son....with I am coming in last if we doing the top 5 from each

And I say Nas got aleast 5 classics and some very strong posibles. Illmatic, It was written, Stillmatic, Lost tapes, ? Son and that's not including Life is good or untitled. And don't tell me those aren't classic, because you said opinions can't be wrong.

i gotta go wit Jay..

i jus enjoy music tho..

Laughing at the East being big on words. Rapping is the art of rhyming words. Staying on rhythm while making noise is ? .

Yeah I don't have iww or gods son as a classic....i also don't count lost tapes...if I did I would count r u still down from Pac and I don't

You know my opinion of life is good and Iile untitled but it's far from classic .....i like I am better than both of those albums

R u still down a posthumous album. And technically so is Makaveli. Lost tape is an album he approved of to be released. Like you said an opinion can't be wrong.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tupac

Nas is second for me

? you out your mind!

i gotta go wit Jay..

i jus enjoy music tho..

R u still down a posthumous album. And technically so is Makaveli. Lost tape is an album he approved of to be released. Like you said an opinion can't be wrong.

And my opinion is lost tapes isn't an album....it doesn't even feel like one....just a bunch of dope tracks

R u still down feels more cohesive but both are just a grouping of songs that otherwise wouldn't be released
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Tupac

Nas is second for me

? you out your mind!

i gotta go wit Jay..

i jus enjoy music tho..

And my opinion is lost tapes isn't an album....it doesn't even feel like one....just a bunch of dope tracks

It is an album . Thats a fact. It has a upc and more then 9 songs.
  • CapitalB
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

If I say I am not big on white girls. That mean I don't really like them. You probably won't see me dating one. Just like if you say you're not big on women, then I would think they are not important to you and you prefer the company of men. Point is words is what make rap what it is. Flow with no words is ? . "The dumb only listen to the drum" Master killer was talking about you ? . Learn how to spell before you call someone limited.

stopped reading right there..

why??
    cause thats not what happened..

i said what u was big on and then said what i was big on and even included "first and foremost" which lets u know ITS MORE TO IT that JUS that..

but yo ? lacked comprehension and here we are right now..

nonody has the same list of priorities ? !

nowhere did i laugh or say words wasnt on my priority list..
    i simply stated the top 2 things i look for..
  • power_wisdom
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

i said what u was big on and then said what i was big on and even included "first and foremost" which lets u know ITS MORE TO IT that JUS that..

Never said you laughed, stupid. Learn how to read and write. You said the East is big on words. Not complexity, just words. And with all your misspelling, I understand why you are not big on words. It's because you're a ? . It's not about my comprehension. It's about your inability to express thought using sentences and phares. But in this case I just think you to stupid to understand the lyrics of most east Mcs or any one else who is more technical then the ABC rhyme scheme you love so much. ? out of here ? head.
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2017
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

Never said you laughed, stupid. Learn how to read and write. You said the East is big on words. Not complexity, just words. And with all your misspelling, I understand why you are not big on words. It's because you're a ? . It's not about my comprehension. It's about your inability to express thought using sentences and phares. But in this case I just think you to stupid to understand the lyrics of most east Mcs or any one else who is more technical then the ABC rhyme scheme you love so much. ? out of here ? head.

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Between Nas and Prodigy
  • power_wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?

I'm laughing at you for saying the East being big on words. Damn I got break it down for you. Talk about comprehension. And you got the never to call someone limited.
  • CapitalB
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?

I'm laughing at you for saying the East being big on words. Damn I got break it down for you. Talk about comprehension. And you got the never to call someone limited.

maybe u should learn how to speak...
    dont put words in ur mouth now..

• power_wisdom
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?

Learn how to read and write first.
  • CapitalB
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?

neither of which affects the way i count money so its all good..

we see what ur so "invested" in. lmmfao
    ? lame.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tupac

Nas is second for me

? you out your mind!

i gotta go wit Jay..

i jus enjoy music tho..

It is an album . Thats a fact. It has a upc and more then 9 songs.

I've seen mixtapes with upc and bar codes...that is meaningless
  • power_wisdom
    Options

highlight it please..

ill wait.

but im big on ? ..

why??

u cant be this dumb..

u just cant!!?

neither of which affects the way i count money so its all good..

we see what ur so "invested" in. lmmfao
    ? lame.

Oh yeah, you're rich. I believe that. Only a lame brag about money on the internet, when nobody knows him.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rakim for me. His solo albums arent anything crazy but I blame that mostly on the production. As a mc though, raKim makes it all look effortless to him. His flow is insane.

Redman is a second for me. Dude raps about weed and weed is dope, but he also has a crazy flow.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I narrowed it down to ghostface or nas..... No one can ? with them when it comes to storytelling.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of Ghostface does he have any projects coming up?

The past couple years he was droppin projects pretty fast

Sour Soul was dope as hell needa run that one back
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a toss up between Pac and Hov
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Speaking of Ghostface does he have any projects coming up?

The past couple years he was droppin projects pretty fast

Sour Soul was dope as hell needa run that one back

I think he's supposed to be dropping a new one. Either calling it Supreme Clientelle 2 or The Wally Album.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas, Common, Ras Kass, Planet Asia.........just my opinion I've been listening to these cats fo over two decades. Dey old and new ? stands the test of time.

I'm sure their is other rappers I'm forgetting but Deez just come too mind off the top