Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    He is not a legend. You are a legend when you are in a casket. now he is just legandary + Trick daddy was never a great rapper but a great endenater. I'd say No. But I still pick him over Ross at his prime but now I would pick Ross.

For a second i was like...

1408.gif

"How supergangster using big ass words i dont know?"

Dude had me looking up "endenater" tryn figure out the definition

tumblr_mr4t8aECIj1qaqvvdo1_500.gif

image1.jpg
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Supergangster is a ? ?

Shut up come say this to my face u gonna end up being my slave.. ? ? ? . Come see I SAID Come see me .. ? ? keyboard warriors .. I smack the ? out of ? like u.. around here I m the ? MAN. In my hood they know me.. I am the ? Biig Meech aroun HERE U heard

Learn to spell ?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    Got some good songs but damn sure ain't no legend Y'all just crown any ? you bumped in middle or high school a legend based off nostalgia.
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    Same ? that sold drugs wit me end up workin for the cops
    u better drop when U see me
    Snitch ? die... Snitch ? die
    i got a glock on me please dont tell on me snitch ? die
    Fly women they wanna know if i live what im spittin
    They wanna know im i spittin facts or just a killer on wax
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    Ibex wrote: »
    Got some good songs but damn sure ain't no legend Y'all just crown any ? you bumped in middle or high school a legend based off nostalgia.

Exactly! That's the reason. Any album more than 10 years old is a classic and any rapper who rapped while they was in school is legendary.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

Exactly! That's the reason. Any album more than 10 years old is a classic and any rapp er who rapped while they was in school is legendary.

We still listen to trick at parties club his ? still knock kus it's not trendy it's thug spiritual music about black culture with wisdom in it...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

What is this nostalgia like he never accomplished anything. Just a few good songs....that's it? Like he just Jim Jones and Peter Pablo status?
  • Ibex
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    Stew wrote: »

What is this nostalgia like he never accomplished anything. Just a few good songs....that's it? Like he just Jim Jones and Peter Pablo status?

Bruh "Shut up" was played by every black college band in the world and use to get ? hype. The early Trina years when she was the baddest, and ? use to know her verse word for word that's the nostalgia I'm talking about makes ? reminisce. But if we keeping it music based Trick had some hits and some decent albums but no classics and not enough to put him in legendary status.
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

Bruh "Shut up" was played by every black college band in the world and use to get ? hype. The early Trina years when she was the baddest, and ? use to know her verse word for word that's the nostalgia I'm talking about makes ? reminisce. But if we keeping it music based Trick had some hits and some decent albums but no classics and not enough to put him in legendary status.

How many classics do u need to be a legend? What else is needed?
  • Ibex
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )

Project Pat and Nore both have classics and neither one of those dudes are legends and I ? with them both
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)
    If this is going to be a series we gonna need criteria for "legend"

Otherwise its gonna be the same argument in every thread
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

Project Pat and Nore both have classics and neither one of those dudes are legends and I ? with them both

That's not what I asked.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )

Facts
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)
    I voted yes.

I can't name a song by Trick Daddy but I know he was popular in the early 2000s.

I was living in Boston at the time and his name would pop up.

As far as I know, he had a good run and sold a lot of records.
  • Ibex
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )

That's not what I asked.

If you a legend you have at least 1 or 2 classics, your impact on the game has to be undeniable. Your influence and impact on hip hop has to be great. Generations of rappers know who you are and what you did. If Trick was so legendary at what point was his city or label running the game? I mean New Orleans had a run, Houston had a run, Atlanta still doing they're thing, ? even Memphis had a slight run but when was Slip N Slide Miami Trick running ? ? What is his classic album? These questions should be easily answered if you're a legend.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh well lol
  • Stew
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

That's not what I asked.

If you a legend you have at least 1 or 2 classics, your impact on the game has to be undeniable. Your influence and impact on hip hop has to be great. Generations of rappers know who you are and what you did. If Trick was so legendary at what point was his city or label running the game? I mean New Orleans had a run, Houston had a run, Atlanta still doing they're thing, ? even Memphis had a slight run but when was Slip N Slide Miami Trick running ? ? What is his classic album? These questions should be easily answered if you're a legend.

Wait, so you have to have a record label and/or your city to be running the game at some point to be a legend? Lol well damn, that sucks for UGK. Poor Luke. Bone Thugs, forget about it. Three Six? Yea right. Too Short, nope.
  • Ibex
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )

That's not what I asked.

Wait, so you have to have a record label and/or your city to be running the game at some point to be a legend? Lol well damn, that sucks for UGK. Poor Luke. Bone Thugs, forget about it. Three Six? Yea right. Too Short, nope.

Stew don't do that ? you do to these new ? on here and pick a minor part of an argument flip it and attempt to clown it while disregarding the main point. At what part did I say your record label has to be on top for you to be a legend? My point is at the height of tricks popularity his rap peers in those other cities were putting out more impactful legendary music.Trick had no classic albums, was never on top of the rap game and his impact was minor. I ask again what is his classic album? Who did he influence? How did he change hip hop? What did he do for Miami that Luke didn't already do?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

Exactly! That's the reason. Any album more than 10 years old is a classic and any rapper who rapped while they was in school is legendary.

OR they're only legends if they're mainstream and were on 106 and its only a classic if it went platinum, meaning whites bought it
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)
    All that ? just said to justify trick not being a legend is never used to discredit a new York artist or east coast artist of the same or lesser ilk... meanwhile cats in the south and west gotta,move the moon to get the same respect and recognition. Ras Kas out west e 40 cbo spice 1 etc...and the guys I named for the south get labeled regional or only having some cool songs even though they pioneers and made great material.
  • Stew
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

That's not what I asked.

Stew don't do that ? you do to these new ? on here and pick a minor part of an argument flip it and attempt to clown it while disregarding the main point. At what part did I say your record label has to be on top for you to be a legend? My point is at the height of tricks popularity his rap peers in those other cities were putting out more impactful legendary music.Trick had no classic albums, was never on top of the rap game and his impact was minor. I ask again what is his classic album? Who did he influence? How did he change hip hop? What did he do for Miami that Luke didn't already do?

Hey u brought record labels and city's running ? , not me. Just cause he came out at one of the better eras of rap and not at the very top which was really only X, Jay, Em and Dre doesn't mean he didn't make an impact which he did by consistently selling records in a small market compared to the NYCs and LAs. You don't get to put out 5 studio albums on a major and go gold or plat from just being a "regular" cat. His classic(s) is opinionated, mine is Book Of Thugs and 4 other good to great albums. I'm sure he's influenced plenty of rappers, you'd have to ask them cause I don't know them like that. Ross? Trina? TI? Jeezy? Pitbull, Plies, Khaled etc...
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )

no im just asking whats his best verse? what features did he stand out on? how did he change the game? who emulates his style now? these are things to consider when you call someone a legend

everything i said on the first page should be criteria
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)

no im just asking whats his best verse? what features did he stand out on? how did he change the game? who emulates his style now? these are things to consider when you call someone a legend

Like I said earlier, I don't listen to Trick Daddy but he was on my radar when he was hot.

If you were going to name the top 10 Southern rap artists, Trick Daddy would probably get a mention.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Nah (He Eat ? )
    5 Grand wrote: »

Like I said earlier, I don't listen to Trick Daddy but he was on my radar when he was hot.

If you were going to name the top 10 Southern rap artists, Trick Daddy would probably get a mention.

Face
    Tip
    Bun
    Zro
    David Banner
    Jeezy
    Devin
    Big Boi
    Wayne

That's ten better than trick
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (Trick Luv Da Kids)
    If trick ain't no legend then neither is buckshot shorty.

I put both of them on the same tier artist/reach wise.

Meaning they are both regional acts who get more acclaim from there respective regions. But I've seen ? on here call buckshot a legend, I agree I think buckshot is a legend.

So if buckshot is a legend so is trick daddy.