Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Chattanooga
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ghwslmq0o0

There's no song that get worst than this

Yo I cant front I would rather listen to that then the so called 'mumble rap' haha
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    @5grand

Been loads of dope rappers from Boston, none other than GURU one of the GOATS... Plus Term, EDO G, Joyna Lucas (i think), Slaine, Big Shug, Mr Lif, Esoteric, Akrobatik even Beninzo had a few bars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hleXKuD_pMk

First of all GURU repped Brooklyn. But yeah he was originally from the Bean.

I can't believe I forgot Benzino, but truthfully I think he did more to hurt the Hip Hop scene in Boston than help. RSO was one of the first rap groups in Boston, if not THEE first. They came out around 86/87 from my recollection but they never really blew up until he started messing with Eminem and then he was just known for beefing. I know he pulled some strings to get his album a 4.5 mic rating but otherwise Benzino/Made Men/Hangman 3 were never as good as the stuff coming out of NYC.

Terminology is cool but he doesn't make hits. When's the last time you heard a song from Terminology on the radio or in a club? I bumped into him one day outside of Penn Station across the street from Madison Square Garden. It was around midnight and he was hustling CDs. I respect his grind, but I wouldn't call him a first tier artist. Not yet anyway, he still has some work to do.

I couldnt careless if an artist has a radio hit, if that was the case I wouldnt listen to anyone lol The fact Term has tunes with Premo, Saigon, Prodigy, Kool G Rap, Crooked I, Bun B, Chris Rivers, Styles P, Westsidegunn etc a collbo album with Lil Fame and so on proves to me he is a 'top tier' rapper... Im not a big Benzino fan either but he has a few bars, but all the other dudes I named are imp DOPE MC's...

Yeah I've heard good things about Terminology, but admittedly I haven't listened to much of his music.

There's a website/blog thats always promoting him every time he drops a new product. Its called unkut.com

However, you can't say that, "Terminology put Boston on the map" in the same manner that Master P put New Orleans on the map or NWA put the West Coast on the map.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @5grand

Been loads of dope rappers from Boston, none other than GURU one of the GOATS... Plus Term, EDO G, Joyna Lucas (i think), Slaine, Big Shug, Mr Lif, Esoteric, Akrobatik even Beninzo had a few bars...

I can't believe I forgot Benzino, but truthfully I think he did more to hurt the Hip Hop scene in Boston than help. RSO was one of the first rap groups in Boston, if not THEE first. They came out around 86/87 from my recollection but they never really blew up until he started messing with Eminem and then he was just known for beefing. I know he pulled some strings to get his album a 4.5 mic rating but otherwise Benzino/Made Men/Hangman 3 were never as good as the stuff coming out of NYC.

Terminology is cool but he doesn't make hits. When's the last time you heard a song from Terminology on the radio or in a club? I bumped into him one day outside of Penn Station across the street from Madison Square Garden. It was around midnight and he was hustling CDs. I respect his grind, but I wouldn't call him a first tier artist. Not yet anyway, he still has some work to do.

I couldnt careless if an artist has a radio hit, if that was the case I wouldnt listen to anyone lol The fact Term has tunes with Premo, Saigon, Prodigy, Kool G Rap, Crooked I, Bun B, Chris Rivers, Styles P, Westsidegunn etc a collbo album with Lil Fame and so on proves to me he is a 'top tier' rapper... Im not a big Benzino fan either but he has a few bars, but all the other dudes I named are imp DOPE MC's...

Yeah I've heard good things about Terminology, but admittedly I haven't listened to much of his music.

There's a website/blog thats always promoting him every time he drops a new product. Its called unkut.com

However, you can't say that, "Terminology put Boston on the map" in the same manner that Master P put New Orleans on the map or NWA put the West Coast on the map.

Bro you havnt even checked his music and youre down playing him??? lol Check his music, especially the collab with Lil Fame, dude is everywhere TBH and no one can really put any city on the map the way GOATS like Master P and NWA did anymore can they??? One reason being, well every city is on the map and rap game/scene is totally different... And if you checked Term's music you will see he reps the city though...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    @5grand

Bro you havnt even checked his music and youre down playing him??? lol Check his music, especially the collab with Lil Fame, dude is everywhere TBH and no one can really put any city on the map the way GOATS like Master P and NWA did anymore can they??? One reason being, well every city is on the map and rap game/scene is totally different... And if you checked Term's music you will see he reps the city though...

I'll check him out
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATLANTA

LOTS OF LEGENDARY ARTISTS FROM THERE SO NO DISS TO THEM...
    BUT THERE'S ALSO AN ENDLESS SHITSTORM OF WACK ? TOO...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    ATLANTA

Its the most popular city out though as far as music and been that way for years. Why is that? The people been liking what comes out of there and it has the most output. Which kinda brings me to a point about this question. People are generally mentioning cities that at least have some noticable visibility in it. So wouldnt it be someplace that nobody wanna hear whats coming out of there? But the eyes are gonna be on the places making the most noise. So the answer would be somewhere that makes no noise maybe has a few rappers who no one is interested in.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw Bay music dope to me
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit hands down
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    ATLANTA

Its the most popular city out though as far as music and been that way for years. Why is that? The people been liking what comes out of there and it has the most output. Which kinda brings me to a point about this question. People are generally mentioning cities that at least have some noticable visibility in it. So wouldnt it be someplace that nobody wanna hear whats coming out of there? But the eyes are gonna be on the places making the most noise. So the answer would be somewhere that makes no noise maybe has a few rappers who no one is interested in.

You just described Boston.

I'm telling you Brick Records had a budget and they were always getting write ups and ads in the local papers. The radio stations tried to support the artists on Brick Records, the nightclubs gave them a warm welcome and let them perform any night of the week. They'd have open mic nights and record release parties. They tried to hype Brick Records like it was the next Def Jam but when it was all said and done they never produced a hit record. For that matter I doubt if anybody on the IC can name a song that Brick Records released.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bay Area easily that hyphy ? is for the mentally ? .
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mainstream wise, yeah but as a big underground fan, Detroit shouldn't be named they put out some of the best material
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall slept on JDillas lil bro (Illa J) album that dropped couple weeks back

? was smooth as ? & dope

https://youtu.be/LyNcFC6W2z0
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    oakland

And unfortunately Atlanta isn't too far behind smh
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only said Detroit cause of Eminem and D-12. Dilla top 2 producer to me.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Detroit hands down
    nope

Royce, Big sean, Black milk, Rip Proof
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only said Detroit cause of Eminem and D-12. Dilla top 2 producer to me.

Slum Village, Black Milk, Royce, Sean, (when he's on), Danny Brown... Nah. Detroit isn't in the running for worst city.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    These clowns

"England is my city"

https://youtu.be/hSlb1ezRqfA
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    New York in 2017

In terms of mainstream, Word. And "I live out there , so don't go there."

Underground side of the game we lit tho
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bay area actually does have talented rappers.