The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Nakamura is just another guy. You push people based on what they do, not reputation. The average fan doesn't give a ? about NJPW or what he did there because they didn't see it.

Second, Nakamura has had one undeniably great match his entire time in the states (vs Sami Zayn) and was hot shotted to the main event of NXT where he had several good but not great matches with others.

That hurt his stock more than "well they just don't know what to do with this guy." That argument is a fallback when dudes aren't living up to potential. I still dig Nakamura but honestly he's got alot of work to do to successfully crossover into the U.S.

Lol at good matches hurting his stock

Lol at them not knowing what to do being an excuse instead of fact

Sometimes I think u just be contrarian just for the hell of it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    If y'all can't distinguish the difference between scsa and super cena n super reigns

Idk what to tell u ? lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nakamura is just another guy. You push people based on what they do, not reputation. The average fan doesn't give a ? about NJPW or what he did there because they didn't see it.

Second, Nakamura has had one undeniably great match his entire time in the states (vs Sami Zayn) and was hot shotted to the main event of NXT where he had several good but not great matches with others.

That hurt his stock more than "well they just don't know what to do with this guy." That argument is a fallback when dudes aren't living up to potential. I still dig Nakamura but honestly he's got alot of work to do to successfully crossover into the U.S.

You can start listing those stellar performances now.

If you watched Nakamura in NXT you say a good wrestler, not a great one.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

I didn't say they were more than good, I'm saying good doesn't hurt stock
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    In the Steve Austin Show, Austin was not happy with how the WWE has handled Nakamura in his first four months on the main roster.

Austin stated that the WWE is booking him like "just another Joe Blow". He further expanded on that thought below (H/T WrestlingInc):

"You bring him over and he's going 30-minute broadways with half the damn roster. Debuted down there in WrestleMania 32, NXT, with Sami Zayn, hell of a match. Hell of a match! A lot of credit to Sami Zayn and Shinsuke, but here's 'The King Of Strong Style' and all-of-a-sudden, he comes in and he's working Dolph [Ziggler] and it took him a long time to finish off Dolph for 'The King Of Strong Style'. Do you understand where I'm going with this gimmick? That's booking though. What is the plan? You've got this guy who's one of those talents that just don't come around every single day. He's special. He comes in and you treat him like he's another Joe Blow."

And this comin from tha man who quit wwe because he did not want ta job ta brock lesnar

For tha uneducated masses that had tha audacity ta hit tha wack button.... Scsa was damaged goods when they asked him ta job ta brock.... if he respected tha buisness he would have done tha job buildup or not

If Vince respected business he never would have asked his biggest draw to do that sort of job. All due respect ur opinion on this matter is beyond uneducated, it's trash
  • jono
    edited July 2017
    Options

Lies. When you cover someone in such hype you expect more. Nakamura isn't living up to the hype there's no two ways about it. Before you even get to blaming Vince he wasn't living up to the hype in NXT either.
  • jono
    Options
    If y'all can't distinguish the difference between scsa and super cena n super reigns

Idk what to tell u ? lol

I can. I was 14 when Austin was playing Roadrunner to Vince's Wile E Coyote but over 30 now.

Nostalgia is also a good way to distinguish them.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Lies. When you cover someone in such hype you expect more. Nakamura isn't living up to the hype there's no two ways about it. Before you even get to blaming Vince he wasn't living up to the hype in NXT either.

There is no one to blame about anything Nakamura is doin fine, not great not poor, fine. like I keep saying most of the Indy guys have started off just as slow, no one wrote them off as "not living up". Idk how good hurts stock, it's still good
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Austin lead the greatest boom in wrestlin

Did super cena n super reigns give wrestling a boom?
  • jono
    Options

There is no one to blame about anything Nakamura is doin fine, not great not poor, fine. like I keep saying most of the Indy guys have started off just as slow, no one wrote them off as "not living up". Idk how good hurts stock, it's still good

His work is fine, and that's why he's being booked as a dude who might be great one day versus being booked like Brock(which is what y
    The idiot Wade Keller thinks should happen)
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the Steve Austin Show, Austin was not happy with how the WWE has handled Nakamura in his first four months on the main roster.

Austin stated that the WWE is booking him like "just another Joe Blow". He further expanded on that thought below (H/T WrestlingInc):

"You bring him over and he's going 30-minute broadways with half the damn roster. Debuted down there in WrestleMania 32, NXT, with Sami Zayn, hell of a match. Hell of a match! A lot of credit to Sami Zayn and Shinsuke, but here's 'The King Of Strong Style' and all-of-a-sudden, he comes in and he's working Dolph [Ziggler] and it took him a long time to finish off Dolph for 'The King Of Strong Style'. Do you understand where I'm going with this gimmick? That's booking though. What is the plan? You've got this guy who's one of those talents that just don't come around every single day. He's special. He comes in and you treat him like he's another Joe Blow."

And this comin from tha man who quit wwe because he did not want ta job ta brock lesnar

For tha uneducated masses that had tha audacity ta hit tha wack button.... Scsa was damaged goods when they asked him ta job ta brock.... if he respected tha buisness he would have done tha job buildup or not

If Vince respected business he never would have asked his biggest draw to do that sort of job. All due respect ur opinion on this matter is beyond uneducated, it's trash

I've been a fan of wrestling fan ova 35 years... Scsa had a memorable run to tha top of wwe we all agree. .. he benefitted from a few things i.e.( bret gettin olda Vince willin ta be that stunna ? & hbk's back injury) but let's be honest afta Owen Hart dropped him on his bean Austin was Neva tha same .... he knew it & tha fans that had any education knew it ... Austin quit on tha wwe tha same company that made him a household name... puttin ova lesnar was tha least that Scsa could have done.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Bruh I'm not discussing this anymore with u, have a nice day
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Austin was the ring leader of the attitude era, he changed the game and most responsible for saving the WWE, it's no ? "he's lucky HBK had a bad back" nahhhh, that night might of catapulted him but it didn't make or break him it would of been a bunch of angry fans because he didn't go over, and the Owen ? was borderline at the beginning of his run you don't know what the ? you're talking about, yea it limited his work in the ring but it didn't limit his mic work, storylines and stunts that made the him and the attitude era famous
  • playboy buddy rose
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You
    Austin was the ring leader of the attitude era, he changed the game and most responsible for saving the WWE, it's no ? "he's lucky HBK had a bad back" nahhhh, that night might of catapulted him but it didn't make or break him it would of been a bunch of angry fans because he didn't go over, and the Owen ? was borderline at the beginning of his run you don't know what the ? you're talking about, yea it limited his work in the ring but it didn't limit his mic work, storylines and stunts that made the him and the attitude era famous

No when Owen broke austin's neck he had already been world champ. . with that being said you don't know what tha ? you talkin about.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    You

No when Owen broke austin's neck he had already been world champ
    . . with that being said you don't know what tha ? you talin about.

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    Bruh I'm not discussing this anymore with u, have a nice day

Lol@ have a nice day... ? you sound frustrated you didn't have ta type back at my response it's tha internet
  • jono
    Options

I've been a fan of wrestling fan ova 35 years... Scsa had a memorable run to tha top of wwe we all agree. .. he benefitted from a few things i.e.( bret gettin olda Vince willin ta be that stunna ? & hbk's back injury) but let's be honest afta Owen Hart dropped him on his bean Austin was Neva tha same .... he knew it & tha fans that had any education knew it ... Austin quit on tha wwe tha same company that made him a household name... puttin ova lesnar was tha least that Scsa could have done.

Nah he was going to be the man regardless. Austin got over organically.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Austin was mid card IC champnwhen Owen 3:16 broke his neck
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As much hype as the dude has got him doing just fine isn't going to cut it.
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?

Owen broke Austin neck summerslam 97... he beat hbk for world title in March 97 I know my wrestling history
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?

Owen broke Austin neck summerslam 97... he beat hbk for world title in March 97 I know my wrestling history

U don't say??!!!

Lmaoooo
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

As much hype as the dude has got him doing just fine isn't going to cut it.

I feel that but it's still way too early
  • jono
    Options
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?

1998 fam
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
    You

Lmaoooo, are u sure?

I was wrong I was off by a year I will see myself out tha door