Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do y'all give dead rappers (Pac, Big, Big L,etc) and people who don't put out music (3000, Lauryn Hill, Jay E, etc) the benefit of the Doubt. While ? like Nas, Jay, Face,etc consistently put out great music and survived all the changing trends in rap. ? got to die for respect. Y'all don't know if Pac and Big would of fell off.

Because I was alive and grown in they prime and saw the impact... All Jay has on Pac is that he lived longer. Pac was the most popular best selling.. ? the bad ? set trends acted in movies all during his time. Hell Nas was that on a lesser lever 2 all before Jay. Death is what changed ? . u say we dont know if Pac or Big woulda off... I Do know Jay wasny popular or that icon while they were alive and on top. I do know Biggies rhymes wouldnt have been coming out Jay fat lip if Big was alive either... so we can argue semantics all day. Pac is universally viewed as the best rapper worldwide from his death to know... Jay having a longer career and having Beyonce wont change that.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do y'all give dead rappers (Pac, Big, Big L,etc) and people who don't put out music (3000, Lauryn Hill, Jay E, etc) the benefit of the Doubt. While ? like Nas, Jay, Face,etc consistently put out great music and survived all the changing trends in rap. ? got to die for respect. Y'all don't know if Pac and Big would of fell off.

We know Jay fell off for sure tho
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These cats still in here trippn.......
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    No
    Hell no! He does not even care about his fans as some fans can't afford tidel. Or like me who does not want it and I really don't care if I hear the CD or not. If Nas, EM, and Lil Wayne all dropped CDs on something like Tidal I wound buy it. But he is for sure Top 7 or 6
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I ? w/Hov Heavy but Nah
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Sum of these ? just trolling now either that or all out hating
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    No
    GetoBoy wrote: »

I'm not hating I'm just telling you how I feel, loved his first 2 CDs , but mchh was so bad I stopped caring about him.

• raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So u saying jay the greatest cuz he,ain't die early and got super popular after marrying Beyonce ? that he ain't better than Pac nas or big. Just more popular to sheep

Hey waiter, can I get some extra on those feelings"

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    wolfman91 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »

I'm not hating I'm just telling you how I feel, loved his first 2 CDs , but mchh was so bad I stopped caring about him.

It was a lot ? between Vol.1 and MCHG.
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Hell no! He does not even care about his fans as some fans can't afford tidel. Or like me who does not want it and I really don't care if I hear the CD or not. If Nas, EM, and Lil Wayne all dropped CDs on something like Tidal I wound buy it. But he is for sure Top 7 or 6

Lil Wayne over Jayz??..............Seriously???

Seriously you can't make this ? up on the IC. SMDH!!
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Lol
  • StewLovesLyricalRap
    StewLovesLyricalRap Members Posts: 19
    Options
    Greatest ever technical lyricist and emcee

Greatest ever spitter as far as strictly bars

Basically greatest ever rappity rapper
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest alive today? Maybe. Of all time? Hell no..

Jay is nice but Nas has always been the better rapper. Jay fooled all of us imo. He told us was the best and we all figured since he was rich and moved like a boss he must be. But I'm going thru my mind thinking some the lackluster ? he's done over the years, he could've been a contender but nah.

I mean why did he think 'that niqqa jigga' would mesh well on a soul beat driven album? Thats ? that almost made not a fan of his back then. On what planet is the beat from 'lucky me' is something u rap over? It took me years to even like that song enuff to play it thru. I can go on on some tomp ? but my point is he's got way too many dents in his armor musically to ever be considered the best ever..