The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You
    Austin was the ring leader of the attitude era, he changed the game and most responsible for saving the WWE, it's no ? "he's lucky HBK had a bad back" nahhhh, that night might of catapulted him but it didn't make or break him it would of been a bunch of angry fans because he didn't go over, and the Owen ? was borderline at the beginning of his run you don't know what the ? you're talking about, yea it limited his work in the ring but it didn't limit his mic work, storylines and stunts that made the him and the attitude era famous

No when Owen broke austin's neck he had already been world champ
    . . with that being said you don't know what tha ? you talin about.

Lmaoooo, are u sure?
    You
    Austin was the ring leader of the attitude era, he changed the game and most responsible for saving the WWE, it's no ? "he's lucky HBK had a bad back" nahhhh, that night might of catapulted him but it didn't make or break him it would of been a bunch of angry fans because he didn't go over, and the Owen ? was borderline at the beginning of his run you don't know what the ? you're talking about, yea it limited his work in the ring but it didn't limit his mic work, storylines and stunts that made the him and the attitude era famous

No when Owen broke austin's neck he had already been world champ
    . . with that being said you don't know what tha ? you talin about.

Lmaoooo, are u sure?

Owen broke Austin neck summerslam 97... he beat hbk for world title in March 97 I know my wrestling history

I was wrong I was off by a year I will see myself out tha door

334.gif

with all due respect *stone cold WM17 promo voice*
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta say that Austin feuding with Vince made him into a wrestling superstar. As great as the feud with Bret was Austin was still upper midcard after that. Once he started hitting Vince with stunners and disrespecting him is when his career took off and that was before his feud with Shawn Michaels.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say the start or his take off was king of the ring, from there it was an organic superstar build, maybe the Vince factor added to him being the face of a huge boom, but even with out Vince he still would have been at least one of the top guys
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NPR did a piece on Jinder Mahal, his anti-American character and the history of those kinds of gimmicks.
    http://www.npr.org/2017/07/29/540300090/wwe-wrestles-with-foreign-stereotypes-in-the-ring

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rusev must be disgusted with Jinder
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    I'd say the start or his take off was king of the ring, from there it was an organic superstar build, maybe the Vince factor added to him being the face of a huge boom, but even with out Vince he still would have been at least one of the top guys
    Yeah from KotR to the Bret feud is when he started to surge. He was one of those heels that the fans started to love even before the double turn. Pretty sure hin being so over is why Vince started doing the program with him, not the other way around.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scsa stole bad news brown gimmick.. no sign & wack that
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alright enough trolling man
  • Ronin705
    Ronin705 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    In the Steve Austin Show, Austin was not happy with how the WWE has handled Nakamura in his first four months on the main roster.

Austin stated that the WWE is booking him like "just another Joe Blow". He further expanded on that thought below (H/T WrestlingInc):

"You bring him over and he's going 30-minute broadways with half the damn roster. Debuted down there in WrestleMania 32, NXT, with Sami Zayn, hell of a match. Hell of a match! A lot of credit to Sami Zayn and Shinsuke, but here's 'The King Of Strong Style' and all-of-a-sudden, he comes in and he's working Dolph [Ziggler] and it took him a long time to finish off Dolph for 'The King Of Strong Style'. Do you understand where I'm going with this gimmick? That's booking though. What is the plan? You've got this guy who's one of those talents that just don't come around every single day. He's special. He comes in and you treat him like he's another Joe Blow."

And this comin from tha man who quit wwe because he did not want ta job ta brock lesnar

It was more to it than that.

If tha rock could do tha job so should've austin

That's not fair, Rocky is literally THE most unselfish top guy in wwe's history. He didn't give a ? who he jobbed to
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ronin705 wrote: »
    In the Steve Austin Show, Austin was not happy with how the WWE has handled Nakamura in his first four months on the main roster.

Austin stated that the WWE is booking him like "just another Joe Blow". He further expanded on that thought below (H/T WrestlingInc):

"You bring him over and he's going 30-minute broadways with half the damn roster. Debuted down there in WrestleMania 32, NXT, with Sami Zayn, hell of a match. Hell of a match! A lot of credit to Sami Zayn and Shinsuke, but here's 'The King Of Strong Style' and all-of-a-sudden, he comes in and he's working Dolph [Ziggler] and it took him a long time to finish off Dolph for 'The King Of Strong Style'. Do you understand where I'm going with this gimmick? That's booking though. What is the plan? You've got this guy who's one of those talents that just don't come around every single day. He's special. He comes in and you treat him like he's another Joe Blow."

And this comin from tha man who quit wwe because he did not want ta job ta brock lesnar

That's not fair, Rocky is literally THE most unselfish top guy in wwe's history. He didn't give a ? who he jobbed to

He took a ? roll up from The Hurticane for goodness sakes...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options

That's not putting Austin in a good light.
  • Ronin705
    Ronin705 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options
    Austin lead the greatest boom in wrestlin

Did super cena n super reigns give wrestling a boom?

I think they're seriously bringing us to the precipice of one.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris jericho in the fuckn hood tell people to ? off hahahha legend!!
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Chris jericho in the fuckn hood tell people to ? off hahahha legend!!

lmao he said your from atl and you wanna talk ? to me y2j aint back down i wish he woulda said ? your block after dude said thats his block lol but yooooo what did happen to his bag that ? was gone
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Austin lead the greatest boom in wrestlin

Did super cena n super reigns give wrestling a boom?

I think they're seriously bringing us to the precipice of one.

Ehhhh i highly doubt it but I'm not against it
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's my whole point... the rock was just as big of a star as Austin was but he would give back from time ta time wit a job ta put ova talent...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Rock was a cocky heel that got caught slipping n hurricane took advantage. That's all that was. Stone cold losing to Brock with no buildup is not nearly the same thing
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Rock was a cocky heel that got caught slipping n hurricane took advantage. That's all that was. Stone cold losing to Brock with no buildup is not nearly the same thing

The Rock did the job to help get somebody over, Austin should have did the same.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Under proper circumstances I'm sure he would have

But we can pretend hurricane made it to new heights after beatin rock

We can also pretend it makes sense to beat the biggest star since Hogan like he's just anybody for a kotr first round match when the matchup could have brought in 750k ppv buys AT LEAST :/:/:/:/:/
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    As much as we ? on Hogan for not putting enough people over he did the Job against Brock on an episode of Smackdown. Austin should have did what was best considering his career was winding down. Undertaker was losing to ? Maven for 2-3 weeks in a row.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Yall keep bringing completely different situations as reasoning y he should have and ignoring the root of y he didn't. 55 year old Hogan jobbin to an already made guy. Really? How bout let's all end this debate n agree to disagree
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    So Brock was an already made guy, then Austin shouldn't have had a problem with it then since Brock beat Hogan a few weeks after Austin took his ball and went home.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options