The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    How the ? can it not be? Dark Phoenix Saga takes place in SPACE!

We need the Starjammers introduced in this movie. Now that James Marsden won't play Cyclops anymore maybe he can play Corsair (Cyke and Havok's dad).

Hell yea need that Gladiator sonning Juggernaut on the big screen
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing they need to do is get a better roster because that line up is boring. Get rid of mystique Quicksilver and beast add Colossus and wolverine(new actor) and you'll have a good x men cast for this movie
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicksilver has been a main highlight of the last 2 X Men films.

Why would you get rid of him?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix Director & Returning Cast Confirmed

The X-Men movies have officially found the director who will take the franchise cosmic.

Simon Kinberg is officially confirmed to direct X-Men: Dark Phoenix for 20th Century Fox. Kinberg has been a writer and/or producer on several X-Men movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Logan, as well as upcoming films New Mutants and Deadpool 2. This will be his directorial debut.

Fox also confirmed that the stars of X-Men: Apocalypse will return for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. This includes Jennifer Lawrence as Raven/Mystique, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto, James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/Professor X, Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast, Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers/Cyclops, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler.

Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the role of Lilandra, Majestrix of the Shi'ar Empire, one of the major political and military powers of the Marvel universe.

Kinberg was previously rumored to be making his directorial debut on X-Men: Dark Phoenix, though when asked about the matter at the time he would only say such rumors were premature. Kinberg is taking over for Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) and the most recent two X-Men movies (X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse). Singer is stepping away from the franchise to pursue other films.

The matter of Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Hoult's returns was up in the air following X-Men: Apocalypse. Each actor's three-film contract was up with the completion of the trilogy begun in X-Men: First Class and Lawrence, in particular, had been vocal about her desire to leave the franchise. It seems all four have renegotiated to return, though the terms of their new deals remain unknown.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix currently has a 3.72 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating. Let us know how excited you are for X-Men: Dark Phoenix by giving the film your own user anticipation rating below.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be a direct sequel to X-Men: Apocalypse. The film will take place in the 1990s and will be inspired by "The Dark Phoenix Saga," the most popular X-Men story of all time.

Fox attempted to adapt "The Dark Phoenix Saga" once previously, in X-Men: The Last Stand. The attempt was not well-received by fans.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/14/x-men-dark-phoenix-simon-kinberg-cast/

As long as the X-Men don't travel to space, I'm good. They need to take a page from Ultimate X-Men and make the Shiar a cult instead of an army from space.

They JUST said it will be cosmic

? man! SMH
  • black caesar
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    How the ? can it not be? Dark Phoenix Saga takes place in SPACE!

We need the Starjammers introduced in this movie. Now that James Marsden won't play Cyclops anymore maybe he can play Corsair (Cyke and Havok's dad).

Read the Ultimate Marvel version of Phoenix.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ultimate-X-Men/Issue-66?id=26087

I read the Dark Phoenix saga back in the 80's, but I like Ultimate Marvel's take a lot better.
  • black caesar
    Options
    So Jessica Chastain is playing Liandra of The Shi'ar

Jessica_Chastain_at_the_Salome_BFI_London_Premiere_%28cropped%29.jpg
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he's an idiot. that's why he's in ic jail
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

he's an idiot. that's why he's in ic jail

@DarthRozay
    f5rcw382aa8n.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Options

he's unnecessary for one thing. he serves no purpose in these movies. he was boring in age of apocalypse. the line up for the next movie sucks they have nobody interesting on that team. they need wolverine and colossus on the team this is the phoenix saga after all so this movie will need all the big players. the sh'iar empire will be envolved so that means at some point the xmen will probably be going had to head with the shi'ar guard.
    you're gonna need colossus for somebody like gladiator. what am I saying? this is fox were talking about. they're going to screw this one up it will be in space but it wont be epic. fox did good with Deadpool and wolverine movies but they have a knack for ? up x'men flicks. logan was successful because they learned from their mistakes with x-men origins and they took a hint from the fan backlash. if they want to make a good movie they should continue to do so.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Except in DOFP he rescued Magneto from a high se purity federal prison.

And in Apocolypse, he's the only reason why everybody did not die in the mansion explosion.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She is so sexy
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Except in DOFP he rescued Magneto from a high se purity federal prison.

And in Apocolypse, he's the only reason why everybody did not die in the mansion explosion.

I had no problem with him in dofp. in age of apocalypse imo he had no impact he was just there. he's a one trick pony I don't care to see another rescue sequence in the phoenix saga. they have nightcrawler that's all the team needs for powers that defy quantum physics
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally saw Logan in its 1080p glory

s/o kodi gang

movie is the best Fox marvel movie by far. Sucks it took an R rated Deadpool to make them finally depict the wolverine everyone has been clamoring for
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling she will get naked in this
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, had a crush on her since ATL
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    them boooobiiiieeeees!
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looking scrumptious
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Actress is cute but that's not Domino, it's Misty Knight with a patch of vitiligo. I get they're trying to be cool and fashionable since Winnie Harlow is the new fashion It Girl but I just don't know why they needed to change things up this much considering Deadpool and Colossus were pretty much nailed on recreations. This seems like diversity for the sake of it when really if they wanted to they should have used G.W. Bridge for that rather than racebending Domino.

Just give her a black eye dammit! Fox cant do ? right.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I dont understand Domino's power.

She can make herself Lucky?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I dont understand Domino's power.

She can make herself Lucky?

She basically controls probability
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Jessica Chastain Confirms X-Men: Dark Phoenix Role

Professor X just found his new love interest. Jessica Chastain has confirmed that she has joined the cast of X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Chastain has been rumored to be in negotiations to play the villain role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, that of Lilandra, Majestrix of the Shi’ar Empire and on-again, off-again one true love to Charles Xavier. Chastain confirmed her role via a post on Instagram teasing Professor X actor James McAvoy.

“[James McAvoy] you ready for me up in Montreal? Im gonna make you cry so hard,” Chastain wrote, using the X-Men hashtag and tagging writer/director Simon Kinberg as well.

The original "Dark Phoenix Saga" is a Marvel Comics X-Men story from the early 1980s written by Chris Claremont and drawn by John Bryne. The story begins when Jean Grey becomes possessed by the Phoenix. Then, through the manipulations of Mastermind and the Hellfire Club, the Phoenix is corrupted and became the Dark Phoenix.

The emergence of the Dark Phoenix brought the X-Men into conflict with the Shi'ar Empire, leading to a trial by combat between the X-Men and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard on the Blue Area of the Moon to determine Jean's fate.

While the Hellfire Club appears to have been cut out of X-Men: Dark Phoenix (the group previously appeared in X-Men: First Class), the X-Men do seem to be headed to space for a showdown with Lilandra and the Shi'ar.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix currently has a 3.70 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating. Let us know how excited you are for X-Men: Dark Phoenix by giving the movie your own ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating below.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will take place in the 1990s. The film will find the X-Men forced to deal with the destructive cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force. In addition, they'll also be forced to struggle against the Shi'ar, a powerful cosmic empire that both worships and fears the power of the Phoenix.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is being written and directed by Simon Kinberg, based on the classic X-Men comic book story “The Dark Phoenix Saga,” and will star Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jessica Chastain, and Evan Peters. Production on X-Men: Dark Phoenix is now underway in Montreal.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be released in theaters on November 2, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/08/02/x-men-dark-phoenix-lilandra-jessica-chastain/
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i unno about yall, but after how bad they ? up x men apoc, im not looking forward to this at all. Granted to me this is the best x-men storyline. But theyll find a way to ? it up. Apoc was the only x men movie i didnt go see in the theater, ? that i already saw ivan ooze on the big screen in the 90s.