2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

These jerseys look cool with Nike and jordan logos on them.. but when Gatorade, state farm and kia get involved its a wrap
    That's what I said. Orlando is supposed to have a Disney patch on theirs, those sponsor patches are going to have uniforms looking cluttered as ? .
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like how the teams are mostly going colored jerseys at home now. The Sixers home jersey will be the blue away.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    I like how the teams are mostly going colored jerseys at home now. The Sixers home jersey will be the blue away.
    Yeah, They just scrapped the "home" and "away" theme and teams ar3 just going to wear whatever. I'm sure it'll still go off of what the home team decides to rock for that particular game.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    NCswag wrote: »
    I don't get how the raptors didn't want Lowry gone after he pussed out in the playoffs. He has NO desire to win a ring. Not even false motivation. Y'all really wanna give a ? like that a max and ride with him? Ok.......

Sounds like Cam Newton

Watch yo mouf! Datz my quarterback!
    U troll too much!

That was just Facts.

Says the ? with 2 guys that won't be on his team in 2 years . The rest of your squad looks like the g league all stars ? . Foh.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    I don't get how the raptors didn't want Lowry gone after he pussed out in the playoffs. He has NO desire to win a ring. Not even false motivation. Y'all really wanna give a ? like that a max and ride with him? Ok.......

I was going to jump the last comment but I will just let you ? argue that. I have dont my years worth of 'plaining.

My thing is Toronto is just trying to stay in contention in a East that is full of teams that are in "The Process"

Also given how the salary cap is structured. Max deals don't hamstring teams especially if you have they bird rights. Lowry is a damn good player. From what I gathered it was either resign him or go for some elaborate trade. They are still one of the top teams in the EAST. Even though they have no shot this year. Who really has a shot this year?
    Golden State is better now than last year. Who ? with them? Nobody!
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lowry, like Love with the Cavs only came up short in the playoffs

Toronto not that bad of a team like most of these cats be trying to make them out to be
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    derozen really needs to work on his 3 shooting

i dont know how he can be so good at mid range shots 1 foot inside the line

but cant do anything one foot back

the main problem with derozan though is not so much his offense as its his defense

or lack thereof

he may be the most underrated horrible and lazy defender in the league (if there was such a thing)
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

the main problem with derozan though is not so much his offense as its his defense

or lack thereof

he may be the most underrated horrible and lazy defender in the league (if there was such a thing)

his defense is trash and pathetic for someone his size and height. I wish he gave a ? about D as well he would be a much better all around player. its just a lack of effort its not like he cant play defense he just doesnt try at all consistently.

i remember reading somewhere that he shoots somewhere in the 30s from 3s in the corner but anywhere else is where it really falls off a cliff..some guys just dont have it man he been in the league for almost 10 yrs now and he still cant shoot 3s
  • ckfree
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

or lack thereof

his defense is trash and pathetic for someone his size and height. I wish he gave a ? about D as well he would be a much better all around player. its just a lack of effort its not like he cant play defense he just doesnt try at all consistently.

i remember reading somewhere that he shoots somewhere in the 30s from 3s in the corner but anywhere else is where it really falls off a cliff..some guys just dont have it man he been in the league for almost 10 yrs now and he still cant shoot 3s

his shot might straighten out if he got a fresh shape up

his shot trajectory follows the same path as his hairline

he is going to have more 10-27 shooting nights than 17-27 nights

3s can make up the difference on those poor nights
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    West looks okay but I would just reorder it as

Blazers/nuggets
    Nuggets/blazers
    Jazz
    Pelicans

East I wouldn't have miami that low and wizards and hornets that high but who knows
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year espn predicted a 40-42 record for the bulls they went 41-41

this year 28.5 wins only the kings and hawks projected to be worse and that's by 1-1.5 games B)

If greak freak is an mvp or has an mvp type season wizards or raptors won't make it out the 1st round
  • Beta
    Options
    See now with the bucks man we expect them to do good every year man...they never and never become better than a 6th seed

Oh yeah and who knew patrick Patterson was so valuable lol the ? ?
  • Beta
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Cats really let @beta ? them off this much?

Beta the homie and a funny dude but he shoudnt be getting under anyones skin. Cmon now.

It's easy to be funny 3/3000 posts b, don't give this ? that much credit.

Dont be a hater all your life vato
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    See now with the bucks man we expect them to do good every year man...they never and never become better than a 6th seed

Bucks still haven't really got to see Giannis, Middleton and Parker on the court together....Thon Maker looking like he's going to be a productive player too
  • Beta
    Options

Bucks still haven't really got to see Giannis, Middleton and Parker on the court together....Thon Maker looking like he's going to be a productive player too

Jabari won't be back until feb and I mean at that point he's not gonna be BACK until next season but they aint sign NO shooters as they still try to trade monroe and I think henson
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I said if greak freak is an mvp candidate
    The 22-year-old small forward, who's affectionately become known as the Greek Freak, told Bucks TV: "I might be the MVP this year,"

He been puttin in work this summer all he gotta do is work on his jumper so he can be more effective in the half court.
  • Beta
    Options
    I said if greak freak is an mvp candidate
    The 22-year-old small forward, who's affectionately become known as the Greek Freak, told Bucks TV: "I might be the MVP this year,"

He been puttin in work this summer all he gotta do is work on his jumper so he can be more effective in the half court.

Oh nah im not talking about you but espn having them at #4
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forget he's that young imagine if he keeps working at 26 he might be unstoppable
  • Beta
    Options
    I forget he's that young imagine if he keeps working at 26 he might be unstoppable

Yeah it's crazy in 3 years he'll have 6 years in the league at 25 and he's gonna dominate the east with Bam adebayo
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jabari won't be back until feb and I mean at that point he's not gonna be BACK until next season but they aint sign NO shooters as they still try to trade monroe and I think henson

I was just saying why people have those expectations but yeah Jabaris health is still a big question mark going forward
  • ckfree
    Options
    for someone like giannis

he dont even necessarily need to develop a 3 point shot

a solid/good midrange game would be fine

i remember when blake first came into the league the guy was garbage outside of 5 feet from the basket but hes come such a long way -- hes not an amazing shooter but blake has become a reliable shooter and is only getting better

i have high hopes that giannis will be able to do the same
  • Beta
    Options

I was just saying why people have those expectations but yeah Jabaris health is still a big question mark going forward

Ahh gotcha