Assistant chief at a Louisiana police department to resign after he post racist meme on facebook.

Options
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
A Louisiana man entrusted to protect the people in his community has resigned from his position after sharing a disgusting, threatening meme on Facebook.

Wayne Welsh, an assistant chief at the Estherwood Police Department, shared a post Sunday depicting a woman holding a young girl’s head under water in a bathtub, with the caption, “When your daughters [sic] first crush is a little ? boy.”

Social media users grabbed a screenshot of the officer’s post and it quickly went viral.

Welsh’s community was outraged, and though local media didn’t immediately release his identity, folks on the internet were happy to oblige:

Estherwood’s police chief, Ernest Villejoin, confirmed to HuffPost Wednesday that Welsh had resigned and said the “situation has been taken care of.” He told local media earlier this week that he was dumfounded when he saw the post.

“When I found out about it, I couldn’t believe I had to call him. I called him at work and asked him what the hell is going on,” Villejoin told local news outlet KADN. “He done it. He said it and he realized what he had done after he done it and he deleted it but it was too late.”

Welsh, whose Facebook page is now private, appeared to be surprised at the backlash before he apologized on Monday, according to KATC.

“It’s not against the law to share something on Facebook. It’s social media. Internet,” he posted, before backpedaling with an apology. “Well, I’m sorry for what happen. Yall have a blessed day.”

Estherwood City Hall immediately distanced itself from the situation, writing on Facebook Monday that it didn’t have control over employment at the police department.

Villejoin told HuffPost that he didn’t yet know who would take over Welsh’s position.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/an-assistant-police-chief-shared-this-picture-on-facebook_us_5981ceb8e4b09d24e99438ad

rwf3a09otg23.png

Wonder how many lived he ? over, what compels these dumbs dudes to post this ? like the internet is privacy. They can't hold it in.

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they let him resign to keep his pension and if he wants another job him being fired won't be on his record. So when or if he applies for a new job it will be like this ? never happened.

Basically dude just got off with no repercussions

• dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Probably was talking about ? this ? that, and had a daughter that decided to what the fuss is about. And enjoying what she experienced.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right next to Jennings Louisiana.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn so people cant play the internet...
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cold part is he probably posted it b/c his daughter like that dark meat lol

think about it, people share and comment on what relates to them

probably chuckled to himself cuz he really thought about drowning his lil girl smh

ON ANOTHER NOTE....lets get this thead poppin

I dont care what race of guys my daughters end up choosing.......asian, mex, white, black.....but I will do all I can to keep them away from ? ....especially around here

lets argue
  • blackgod813
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

probably chuckled to himself cuz he really thought about drowning his lil girl smh

I dont care what race of guys my daughters end up choosing.......asian, mex, white, black.....but I will do all I can to keep them away from ? ....especially around here

lets argue

A black woman need a good asian man
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lets argue

Ha what area you stay in?

• HafBayked
    Options
    Shreveport AKA Ratchet City
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://kadn.com/estherwood-police-officer-who-resigned-over-racially-charged-facebook-post-speaks-out/
    Estherwood Police Officer Who Resigned Over Racially Charged Facebook Post Speaks Out

The Assistant Chief of the Estherwood Police Department who is resigning over a racially charged Facebook post is speaking out.

Wayne Welsh has seen lots of backlash ever since he shared a meme to his Facebook page that shows a mother holding the back of her daughter’s head, pushing her face down into a bathtub with the words “When your daughter’s first crush is a little n-word boy.”

“I just don’t feel like I should have to resign on this because there is not a policy saying I can’t do this on Facebook.” said Welsh.

Welsh says he saw the post on his wall but didn’t think it was racist. So he decided to share it.

“To me, I’m not racist and I knew it wasn’t. It was picture that everybody shared and you can get on anybody and still see it. It’s still there, but I was wrong for sharing it for being a police officer.” said Welsh.

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen this on FB the other day and went to his page. MFer was basically mocking the fact that people took offense to it. Thing is, even w/o the racial part of it, how is joking about drowning your child acceptable?
  • HafBayked
    edited August 2017
    Options
    he can mock and act like he doesnt get it all he wants

you're a police officer.....in the south....in a time where there's double the tension between your profession and people of color, and a lot of your procedures and actions towards that group of people are in question.....and you thought it was no big deal to post THAT of all things?

you aint special, you gotta have some restraint too.....i dont share certain ? that could be offensive to either part of my family or friends and thats just me being an adult....you're a public servant

stay your ? off fb or learn to go private and you dont have to worry about it....? make a fake page for you and your buddies to post that ? all day....its easy to be who u wanna be now....just dont be an idiot
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah but u knew it was wrong still u lil ? ....
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shreveport got some bad chicks tho

I almost fell in love er, ? in Shreveport :(
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

lets argue

I think its pretty bad that a white supremacist meme inspired u to say this

turrrible, but thats real *shrugs*

problem is....I think we all get the same label as the "? " im talking about when I say that, which you understand
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? no they don't.. Shreveport trash
  • blackgod813
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

? no they don't.. Shreveport trash

I heard alot yellahones there
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shreveport is trash.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol... I've written about getting hit on by a lil white girl in a shopping cart with her daddy on here before...

Had it been down south she prob would've gotten drowned lol smh
  • blackgod813
    Options
    PureYang wrote: »
    Lol... I've written about getting hit on by a lil white girl in a shopping cart with her daddy on here before...

Had it been down south she prob would've gotten drowned lol smh

How u kno she was hitin on u
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like this is the reason why I said I can only cuff a cute white girl. I gotta get one of these bigots salty by seeing that I got one of "their" top shelf women to go lol
  • jcsk00
    jcsk00 Members Posts: 96
    Options