Rap legend Kidd Creole is charged with 'stabbing a homeless man to death in New York...

Options

Comments

• BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    im trippin on these pics and wondering how anybody can talk about the kids now

THIS ? AINT GOT ON NO PANTS.....but a satin gold robe and cowboy boots

that ? is tripped out

...but he looked ovah though!

Settle down Percy
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People catch bodies everyday b, mostly young cats, by 55 you should have self control

Gotta do what you gotta do to see 56
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    Dude in the black hat looks like got a couple bodies stashed away
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that ? is tripped out

We are in a 80's rehash era right now all the 80's styles and ? is being done and than some with the youngsters...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so is @5grand still posting???
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that ? is tripped out

That ? was not the norm or seen as cool. Rakim, KRS, LL and Kane didn't dress like that.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    In all seriousness, old school rappers (especially Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5) shouldn't be working as security guards.

They didn't pursue college because they had a vision. They thought they could be stars, and they WERE STARS for a brief moment. But the game changed and all the old school MCs got left by the wayside and a whole new generation popped up. Now you've got guys like Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, Treacherous Three, Cold Crush, Crash Crew, Funky 4+1, Fearless Four, Jimmy Spicer, Kurtis Blow, Spoonie G, Busy B, AFrika Bambaattaa and the Soul Sonic Force even the Sugarhill Gang who collectively laid down the foundation and created Hip Hop, which is now a billion dollar industry.

Seriously, these record label conglomerates (EMI, Sony, BMG, etc.) make billions off of the art form that the old school MCs created out of nothing.

Some lawyer should take these conglomerates to court to see that these old school rappers and their descendants are taken care of. You could probably narrow it down to about 50-100 MCs and DJs that should receive a trust or an annuity for their contribution to Hip Hop. I know they're building a museum which is great, but they deserve some financial compensation

It wouldn't be hard. I actually talked to Grandmaster Caz about this when I met him. There's studio recordings, tapes of live shows, flyers and video footage. Thats four things. Anybody who has all four (records, live tapes, flyers and video footage) deserves some compensation. If you don't have all four you get squat.

Does that make sense? Any old school MC or DJ that has records, live shows, flyers and video footage prior to 1984 gets some compensation for their contribution to Hip Hop?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    In all seriousness, old school rappers (especially Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5) shouldn't be working as security guards.

They didn't pursue college because they had a vision. They thought they could be stars, and they WERE STARS for a brief moment. But the game changed and all the old school MCs got left by the wayside and a whole new generation popped up. Now you've got guys like Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, Treacherous Three, Cold Crush, Crash Crew, Funky 4+1, Fearless Four, Jimmy Spicer, Kurtis Blow, Spoonie G, Busy B, AFrika Bambaattaa and the Soul Sonic Force even the Sugarhill Gang who collectively laid down the foundation and created Hip Hop, which is now a billion dollar industry.

Seriously, these record label conglomerates (EMI, Sony, BMG, etc.) make billions off of the art form that the old school MCs created out of nothing.

Some lawyer should take these conglomerates to court to see that these old school rappers and their descendants are taken care of. You could probably narrow it down to about 50-100 MCs and DJs that should receive a trust or an annuity for their contribution to Hip Hop. I know they're building a museum which is great, but they deserve some financial compensation

It wouldn't be hard. I actually talked to Grandmaster Caz about this when I met him. There's studio recordings, tapes of live shows, flyers and video footage. Thats four things. Anybody who has all four (records, live tapes, flyers and video footage) deserves some compensation. If you don't have all four you get squat.

Does that make sense? Any old school MC or DJ that has records, live shows, flyers and video footage prior to 1984 gets some compensation for their contribution to Hip Hop?

Nope. I dont think hip-hop should come with a pension. Them ? got played. Should've figured out how to flip the fame. But, one thing I will say, it's good they got burnt because it eventually taught the later generation of rappers the importance of reading your paperwork and being independent.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Considering how much he posted about Grandmaster Flash and his mental issues from being ? by those men, I've always wondered if this Kid Creole guy is actually @5grand in real life............

kid-creole.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    0624bc0117640c080b2abed587ac1711.jpg

wtf?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! man I about 3 or 4 years old when these dudes were on I was too young to know how ? ? was back then. like chris rock said on bill maher back then the style was to look as ? as possible without sucking a ? . skinny jeans and capris aint got nothing on this ? .
  • Splackavelli
    Options

that ? is tripped out

they look like the crackhead devision of the WWF.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Nope. I dont think hip-hop should come with a pension. Them ? got played. Should've figured out how to flip the fame. But, one thing I will say, it's good they got burnt because it eventually taught the later generation of rappers the importance of reading your paperwork and being independent.

I'm not saying they should get a pension because they made a few records. I'm saying they should get a pension for creating the art form. Rakim, KRS and Big Daddy Kane were big stars in the late 80s, but they didn't create anything. The old school pioneers literally invented Hip Hop. They should get a royalty the same way inventors get royalties for their patents.
    Considering how much he posted about Grandmaster Flash and his mental issues from being ? by those men, I've always wondered if this Kid Creole guy is actually @5grand in real life............

kid-creole.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

wtf?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! man I about 3 or 4 years old when these dudes were on I was too young to know how ? ? was back then. like chris rock said on bill maher back then the style was to look as ? as possible without sucking a ? . skinny jeans and capris aint got nothing on this ? .

Yeah but thats why groups like Run DMC and Whodini took over, they dressed normal. Grandmaster Flash and Cold Crush and all the early groups were trying to be punk rock. They wanted to be as extreme as possible, but it didn't work. I remember I was about 10 when Run DMC came out. One of the things I liked about them is that they dressed normal. They wore sweatsuits and sneakers.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

that ? is tripped out

That ? was not the norm or seen as cool. Rakim, KRS, LL and Kane didn't dress like that.

that's because a little later rappers said enough with the costumes our style needs to reflect the message in our music. run dmc was of the first to bring street style to mainstream hip hop fashion.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

that ? is tripped out

:lol::bawling::lol:

I was so distracted by the Bud Light getup and Kidd Creoles weird ass face that looks photoshopped i didnt notice this cat standing in his yellow "whitey tightys"

Looks like hes Ric Flair's black tag team partner

Lol I've posted that pic before when ? go on rants about how ? dress now. You got one ? in a Budlight onesie and another in some yellow drawls and cowboys boots...yet ? want to act like skinny jeans is the worst of the worst. All that ? is terrible
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reports saying he stabbed dude cause he came on to him (pause)
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

that ? is tripped out

I was so distracted by the Bud Light getup and Kidd Creoles weird ass face that looks photoshopped i didnt notice this cat standing in his yellow "whitey tightys"

Lol I've posted that pic before when ? go on rants about how ? dress now. You got one ? in a Budlight onesie and another in some yellow drawls and cowboys boots...yet ? want to act like skinny jeans is the worst of the worst. All that ? is terrible

Still can't compare it. They were the only ones wearing that ? and no regular people dressed like that. I seen tons of men at the mall dressed like Young Thug with jeggings and such. My father/uncles didn't dress like that in the 80s lol. So that kills your rebuttal. Key point here, they look ridiculous which is why they were the only men dressing that way. This generation go worse than skinny jeans. They wearing dresses and just look at lil yatti.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy ? happened right across the street from my job. Thought some dumb ? passed out, seen the ambulance and kept it moving.

He bout to spend rest of his life in prison over a ? . Smmfh
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was haunted by his fishnet stocking days
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    My guess is that during the 80s you had Michael Jackson and Prince who were also kinda suspect in the way they dressed. If thats how superstars dressed then thats how Flash and the 5 dressed because they saw themselves on the same level as Michael Jackson and Prince. Although I admit they could have used a stylist.

423c48c5ca6f80b42a2b3372b0215522.800x800x1.jpg

DGUYk24UMAAM3a0.jpg

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? look like Max B ? uncle
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

I'm not saying they should get a pension because they made a few records. I'm saying they should get a pension for creating the art form. Rakim, KRS and Big Daddy Kane were big stars in the late 80s, but they didn't create anything. The old school pioneers literally invented Hip Hop. They should get a royalty the same way inventors get royalties for their patents.

kid-creole.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

Yeah but thats why groups like Run DMC and Whodini took over, they dressed normal. Grandmaster Flash and Cold Crush and all the early groups were trying to be punk rock. They wanted to be as extreme as possible, but it didn't work. I remember I was about 10 when Run DMC came out. One of the things I liked about them is that they dressed normal. They wore sweatsuits and sneakers.

yeah it was rick james ushered in the punk era for soul music
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that ? is tripped out

i was thinking it but.....aint wanna say it.

im smdh

charlie murphy did say back then the guy who looks more like a ? got the girls
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

that ? is tripped out

Still can't compare it. They were the only ones wearing that ? and no regular people dressed like that. I seen tons of men at the mall dressed like Young Thug with jeggings and such. My father/uncles didn't dress like that in the 80s lol. So that kills your rebuttal. Key point here, they look ridiculous which is why they were the only men dressing that way. This generation go worse than skinny jeans. They wearing dresses and just look at lil yatti.

? have you not seen some of the bell bottoms and platform shoes ? wore? ? looked crazy
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg

Why he look like hes rappin in the house they killed Osama Bin Laden

2wom0w6.gif

So, you really just gonna steal that photo from my post on page 1 without acknowledging me?????????

@Beta Explain the rules to him, please..............
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta pay homage man...

quote him again lol