Options
124»

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Beta wrote: »
    Question does lil jon have any classics?

A producer being a legend is different than a rapper. Timbo, Pharrell, Premo and Dre are legends though Dre owe is classic album to ghost writers and great guest spots from Snoop.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Lil Jon is responsible for 82% of ass whoopings in the south from 2001-2005.
    I almost choked on my cereal.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Stew wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    To those that voted Yes for Kweli and No for Lil Jon, I'm interested in hearing....how?

Because the precedent has been set.

Elaborate...

Typical new yawk petty hate
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    To those that voted Yes for Kweli and No for Lil Jon, I'm interested in hearing....how?

Elaborate...

I explained it in one of the other legend or no threads. But basically since people aren't being objective with their votes I feel like I shouldn't be objective with mine either.

Sounds more like u just didnt like the way some threads were going

Which one was it @5th Letter that got u in your feels?

I don't like double standards and hypocrisy.

Kinda like when u say u dont like how people "are not being objective" so in return u yourself choose to not be objective?

Well when others start being objective then I'll be objective. It's ok for everybody else to vote based on bias but I gotta be fair and objective with my votes? That makes sense to you?

Well i will keep voting objectively and lead by example.

Feel free to join on the nxt round

Says the guy that thinks Devin The Dude is a legend but Fabolous is not.

Devin a southern pioneer... fab a I dont wanna be great punchline rapper... he made papoose proud
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No
    aneed123 wrote: »

Elaborate...

I explained it in one of the other legend or no threads. But basically since people aren't being objective with their votes I feel like I shouldn't be objective with mine either.

Kinda like when u say u dont like how people "are not being objective" so in return u yourself choose to not be objective?

Well when others start being objective then I'll be objective. It's ok for everybody else to vote based on bias but I gotta be fair and objective with my votes? That makes sense to you?

Devin a southern pioneer... fab a I dont wanna be great punchline rapper... he made papoose proud

That's what's up
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    I still listen to"Throw it up" in the gym.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    aneed123 wrote: »

Elaborate...

I'm curious. Pioneer of what?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    He's a legend but man did this ? ? that lovers and friends song all the way up lol
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Who else like the clean version of I Like Dem Gurlz?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    He revolutionized and dominated an era in Hip Hop.

Even if you didn't care for it, you can at least acknowledge the impact. He pretty much led the charge of Southern ? on a mainstream level.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Yea, he a legend. Was at the front of the down south takeover. He'll be remembered years from now, and his songs will be played in the future.

? and ? alike used to get buck as hell in the clubs. They still do if one of his songs come on. There was a guaranteed fight bound to happen and at the very least your drink was getting knocked out ya hand.
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Anybody saying no is turning a blind eye to his Impact and the amount of hits he had from the 90s to the 00s. And they still have the same impact today...they have longevity. He made ? switch up their style when it came to producing...errybody was using Saw Synth leads on their tracks.

This ? was EVERYWHERE in a 5 year span, you couldn't get away from Cuhz at one point.
    You know how many ass whuppins i seen off a Lil Jon track.???
    Nah ? I literally seen a ? get jumped and Whupped w/ a Belt brah...? was Hilarious
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Anybody saying no is turning a blind eye to his Impact and the amount of hits he had from the 90s to the 00s. And they still have the same impact today...they have longevity. He made ? switch up their style when it came to producing...errybody was using Saw Synth leads on their tracks.

This ? was EVERYWHERE in a 5 year span, you couldn't get away from Cuhz at one point.
    Nah ? I literally seen a ? get jumped and Whupped w/ a Belt brah...? was Hilarious

Really!? I guess I was wrong then...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)

Really!? I guess I was wrong then...

About what?
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes (What?!)
    Lil Jon was one of the pillars of the southern sound for many years.