Can Black People Be Racist?

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Will Munny wrote: »
    What do they call it when someone believes in heirarchal classes of races?????

?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    What do they call it when someone believes in heirarchal classes of races?????

racism
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    yep we can, take me for example i'm full of self hate you nigge....ooops ,there it goes a gain. i'm supposed to get out of jail today excuse me please mods i'll stop when you remove the bars from my avi.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Plutarch wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    No....evidence....South Africa.....kemet

Majority black still ran by whites lol....so even when we outnumber them and have more power, we don't use it to oppress the minority ....we actually give the minority power....

It's not in us to oppress something in OUR environment as a collective...sure there are rogues...but we ain't on it like that

Interesting. I've been thinking about this as well. But are you saying that this is due to the inherent/essentialist nature of black people or more so due to black culture or history?

Well I believe those things are almost one in the same, but instead of black culture which I'm assuming you mean African American, I'd say African culture as African American history isnwhat a couple hundred years old(not 2 but maybe 4-600 years) and our history goes back further than that....With that being said I believe it has a lot to do with how we evolved and he environments we evolved in and the environments each civilization was started and maintained in until these people came into contact with each other and then later colonization...and not just European colonialism but colonization in general

Majority black still ran by whites lol....so even when we outnumber them and have more power, we don't use it to oppress the minority ....we actually give the minority power....

It's not in us to oppress something in OUR environment as a collective...sure there are rogues...but we ain't on it like that

I don't know man
    How would you explain the Americo-Liberians who ruled over ethnic Liberians as a dominant minority for nearly 100 yrs.

I believe you are separating African Americans and Liberians, I believe we both are African and the same race, so I would not technically classify that as "racism"

lol What? The South Africans didn't willingly give the minority the power. Whites have the political power in South Africa. Blacks have the manpower, but that doesn't mean much when most of those people are impoverished.

Didn't say it was "willingly " given, nonetheless it was given to them, I don't think Haitians were rich when they revolted
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No
    LUClEN wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Black people can be prejudice they can't be racist. Most people's idea of "black racism" is name calling. Black people don't have the means to systemically act on their prejudice like whites and Asians can.

No black person has no power? That's absurd.

Yeah that's exactly what I said...

You said black people lack the power to be racist, and never qualified it with a quantification. Hence the reply being phrased as a question. Clarify it if I mischaracterized it

Based on how you worded this question I think you have an idea what I meant.

You're avoiding clarifying your position. The point is not for me to read your mind and assume but for you to give us some concrete idea of what the nature of the social trend is; so as it pertains to power what do you mean when you say Black Americans do not have it? To what extent?

Based on how you worded this question I think you have an idea what I meant.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes
    Really bruh? If you hate someone because their race you are a racist period.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Y'all really love to over think ? .
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    No way black people can be racist. Blasphemy!
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    But most times it's hilarious
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really bruh? If you hate someone because their race you are a racist period.

This^^
  • buddyro
    buddyro Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    This topic separates the ? from the original man&woman(black people)
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I ? hate gypsies..
  • jcsk00
    jcsk00 Members Posts: 96
    Options
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No, only prejudiced.

• Lady Entrepreneur
    Lady Entrepreneur Members Posts: 32
    Options
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am and wear it on my sleeve. ? Whites! Others can follow 2. Keep it Black /100! Only use others for your advantage as they do 2 us so yes. We can be and I am.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    The ? happened here?

I can name plenty of black racists:

Bill Cosby
    Stacy Dash
    That Muppet looking ? who was the head of the RNC
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? happened here?

I can name plenty of black racists:

Bill Cosby
    Stacy Dash
    That Muppet looking ? who was the head of the RNC

You forgot jason whitlock
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Prejudice yes...but Racist hell No!!Racism is Action.. Black people dont go around lynching and Harassing white people because of the color of the skin.for 400 years white folks have been doing this BS to black people.The Result from 400 years of genocide is.. Self hatred.When black people stop killing and robbing one another we can finally make white people uncomfortable
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes
    Is it still racism if I think my race isn't at the top of the hierarchy?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Yeah cause you assumed an hierarchy exists
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prejudice yes...but Racist hell No!!Racism is Action.. Black people dont go around lynching and Harassing white people because of the color of the skin.for 400 years white folks have been doing this BS to black people.The Result from 400 years of genocide is.. Self hatred.When black people stop killing and robbing one another we can finally make white people uncomfortable

this.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Absolutely. My pops blacker than the ace of spades but ? damn he hates Caribbeans. ? talks about them and if you close your eyes you would swear it was a White racist going off! He told my sister, "Bring home a Black man to dinner. No whites, and definitely no damn Caribbeans!" I was like man what?!
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Why do people think they can just redefine a word to escape being called that word?

You aren't doing racist black people a favor by saving them from being called racist.

Racism is a social perspective and ideology. Whether you act on your racism or benefit from it is inconsequential to you actually being racist.