Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all know how this going to end, I hope everyone that supports Kaep going to boycott the NFL until he get a Job.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Did she get replaced by one of the pod people or something? Was she actually defending a black athlete?
    Cant front. i HATED this ? ever since her mayweather domestic abuse debacle. She just earned a little respect back. Remember Sage Steele? Beadle spoke more truth about race (in one segment) than Steele has in her whole career at espn.

The Mayweather ? is ehh because it's not like Floyd didn't actually catch a charge and go to jail over it...but 99.7% of the time Beadle is a ? who just needs to shut the ? up. This is in that .3% of the time she's right
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People forget miamis coach was cutlers OC...he knows the offense but they should sign kao bcuz hes getn blackballed
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is dumb. Kap has a case over quite a few backups, but not Cutler. Cherry picking the last 4 starts is just making clickbait.

If these sports journalist were real with the actual issue like many 15+ years ago...they would bring up the fact that there's no black ownership. Back in the days when QBs like Moon had to go to the CFL just to even play, or a Randall Cunningham was dismissed, or when there was almost no Black coaches, the issue of black ownership used to come up. But these sports journalists only like to bring up weak topics they can get ratings from, they won't really rock any boats.

60% of the players are black...100% of the owners are white. Boycotts won't do ? , we have to start playing the game and take up ownerships spots to really end this ? . In fact, i think there's only one black owner in all the 4 major sports.
  • buddyro
    buddyro Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    I hope colin never play another down in the nfl the league doesn't deserve him.
  • dnyce215
    Options
    What do posters feel as some people who are black feel we are begging to give Kaep a job? And then laughing at us to resume watching because we are boycotting now?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I swear I'm a big sports and giants fan but I prolly won't watch much pro football cuz of this ? ...

Smh.

I am DEFINITELY not watching if he doesn't get a spot.

Hell, at this point, I may not watch even if he does.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did anybody boycott the NBA? Racism is rampant throughout the major sports. Kap isn't the first to get blackballed and won't be the last.

How willing are people to boycott corporations that make your clothes, food, shoes, electronics, etc? Like it's been said. It's easy to stop watching a sport.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm currently deployed wit da Navy while at work i over heard some mayonnaise eating mafucka laughing and talking out loud about how da Ravens now maybe the Dolphins was looking to pick up Kapernick. He was saying no NFL should pick him up for disrespecting the national anthem.

I said what da ? did Kap do wrong exactly? Taking a bow for the injustices of black folk is wrong? I said da same thing about if he took a knee for ? he would be applauded and nobody would really be upset or give a ? about him doing it. But since he took a knee during the national anthem for black folk nobody gives a ? about our rights/social injustices huh?

I'm enlisted and work in area where there is more officers than enlisted and majority white folk i never really talk to anyone deez mafuckas always ask me if i'm ok I just be lookin mad for my entire shift, lol. After i spoke my mind nobody said ? them people of mayo was all quiet after for like 20 mins. Guess they felt awkward or some ? , IDGAF!

I only got about 2 yrs left and i cant wait to get the ? out the Navy!

DEAD @ people of mayo lmaoooooo
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Did anybody boycott the NBA? Racism is rampant throughout the major sports. Kap isn't the first to get blackballed and won't be the last.

How willing are people to boycott corporations that make your clothes, food, shoes, electronics, etc? Like it's been said. It's easy to stop watching a sport.

Are you planning to watch if Kap doesn't get a position?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Are you planning to watch if Kap doesn't get a position?

Yes.
  • dnyce215
    Options
    The alarming trend here is the owners won't be scared because they will always be people willing to watch the NFL, but in all the product has been bad
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is dumb. Kap has a case over quite a few backups, but not Cutler. Cherry picking the last 4 starts is just making clickbait.

If these sports journalist were real with the actual issue like many 15+ years ago...they would bring up the fact that there's no black ownership. Back in the days when QBs like Moon had to go to the CFL just to even play, or a Randall Cunningham was dismissed, or when there was almost no Black coaches, the issue of black ownership used to come up. But these sports journalists only like to bring up weak topics they can get ratings from, they won't really rock any boats.

60% of the players are black...100% of the owners are white. Boycotts won't do ? , we have to start playing the game and take up ownerships spots to really end this ? . In fact, i think there's only one black owner in all the 4 major sports.

Yeah, we're about to get to where people who don't know anything about football are trying to talk ? . You can't just put Kap on any team. Let's be real about that. System matters and Kap doesn't have that traditional QB style that a lot of coaches want. I'm not saying Kap isn't being blackballed, but it is a fact that not ever team would want him to begin with.
  • dnyce215
    Options

Yeah, we're about to get to where people who don't know anything about football are trying to talk ? . You can't just put Kap on any team. Let's be real about that. System matters and Kap doesn't have that traditional QB style that a lot of coaches want. I'm not saying Kap isn't being blackballed, but it is a fact that not ever team would want him to begin with.

What offense would Kaep fit in? I seen he has been playing inside the pocket more, and uses his feet to extend the play. He has gotten better
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you look at a lot QBs and see their back ups they have different skill sets.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »

What offense would Kaep fit in? I seen he has been playing inside the pocket more, and uses his feet to extend the play. He has gotten better

Seattle probably would have been a good choice as a backup. Green Bay too because Aaron plays a little like that too, just at a higher level. I'm not sure where he could have gotten a starting job without the team having to make adjustments for him. I'm not saying there isn't a good place for him to go, just that I haven't paid enough attention to the league as a whole the past couple of years to have a good idea.
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Yeah, but maximizing the potential of QBs like Kap is not something NFL coaches have been particularly good at.
    Harbaugh got the best out of him so far and he is a college coach.
  • dnyce215
    Options

Except Mallett for Bmore he throws picks like Flacco. I know I'm a fan and I hear about it
  • dnyce215
    Options

Seattle probably would have been a good choice as a backup. Green Bay too because Aaron plays a little like that too, just at a higher level. I'm not sure where he could have gotten a starting job without the team having to make adjustments for him. I'm not saying there isn't a good place for him to go, just that I haven't paid enough attention to the league as a whole the past couple of years to have a good idea.

Yeah, but maximizing the potential of QBs like Kap is not something NFL coaches have been particularly good at.

It Fitzpatrick can get a shot why can't Kaep, and Tebow had two other teams take a flier on him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It Fitzpatrick can get a shot why can't Kaep, and Tebow had two other teams take a flier on him.

I'm not saying Kap shouldn't get a shot. And sorry ass white QBs been getting handouts since before this thing with Kap became an issue. I'm saying that people are starting to go overboard and accuse everyone of being complicit in not picking Kap up when the truth is there are actual valid football reasons for why a team might pass on him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I swear I'm a big sports and giants fan but I prolly won't watch much pro football cuz of this ? ...

Smh.

I am DEFINITELY not watching if he doesn't get a spot.

Hell, at this point, I may not watch even if he does.

I feel u.
  • dnyce215
    Options

I'm not saying Kap shouldn't get a shot. And sorry ass white QBs been getting handouts since before this thing with Kap became an issue. I'm saying that people are starting to go overboard and accuse everyone of being complicit in not picking Kap up when the truth is there are actual valid football reasons for why a team might pass on him.

What reasons? I don't see no reason why he isn't in there for try out basis.