Who is the biggest "crab in a barrel" in Hip Hop?

Options

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    emanuel08 wrote: »
    Damn , I was hoping for a certain poster to be here by now and mention how 50 killed hiphop

Only in ny an only ny hiphop they haven't been tha same lol 50 helped finish em
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    50 never chop a ? down at the knees that didn't ask for it to happen in some kinda way..he just chop harder than the initial issue, so the reaction seem worst than the action

I'd say that's Dre and or Jay

Dem ? known to take credit and tell the person who deserves the credit to take the L if they want to do business later on

Then if or when that person ain't wit that..they've black balled by them

Gonna need some facts to back all that up

Dre has been known to take a track someone else made. Change one or two things, and put produced by Dr. Dre in the credits

Ignition wit R.Kelly had a remix already with Jadakiss. Jay jumped on it and flex his industry muscle to get radio stations to only play his version wit R.Kelly

That's not the only time Jay ? kiss outta a hit commercial track

• SolemnSauce
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    50 never chop a ? down at the knees that didn't ask for it to happen in some kinda way..he just chop harder than the initial issue, so the reaction seem worst than the action

Dem ? known to take credit and tell the person who deserves the credit to take the L if they want to do business later on

But he had no issue with fat Joe or Jada

50 had just went hard body at Jrule and everyone was waitin for Ja's response

His first commercial record in retaliation was im from NY.

In which Kiss spit-word that ? wanna merk u is in the air

In which Joe spit-everybody talkin how the AK spit, but we did some investigation and they ain't spray ?

In which Ja spit-take off them silly chains and put back on ya wire..ima on fiiiiyah ( this after banks first commercial success "on fire"

Shots or not by Kiss and Joe..direct shots by Ja

With 50's energy he's puttin out as the bad guy, the bully

You can not let that slide as ..oh they wasn't talking bout me, only Ja

The average fan ain't smart enough to make that conclusion

And kiss and joe can't act like they ain't know that

So they asked for it, indirectly
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dre has been known to take a track someone else made. Change one or two things, and put produced by Dr. Dre in the credits

This has only been said by Daz and then even Snoop said Daz need to shut his lyin ass up.

And if u talkin Scott Storch he said he provided the piano keys on Still Dre but then Dre built the track around that.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puff, Suge and Baby
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ignition wit R.Kelly had a remix already with Jadakiss. Jay jumped on it and flex his industry muscle to get radio stations to only play his version wit R.Kelly

You mean "Fiesta".
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Other
    CoolJoe wrote: »

You mean "Fiesta".

Whateva..didn't care enough
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Joe Budden. I'm a fan but he holding slaughterhouse back with his midlife crisis(plural) and acting like a Prima donna. He literally has stereotypical lead singer in a movie behavior and he's not even the nicest in the group imo
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent

It wasn't Ignition, it was Fiesta.

And are we calling foul on anybody who gets on a remix for it being more popular than the original?
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Other

It wasn't Ignition, it was Fiesta.

And are we calling foul on anybody who gets on a remix for it being more popular than the original?

Callin a foul on ? who remix a remix
  • soul rattler
    Options
    50 Cent
    So how come Jay Z remix to "A Millie" ain't the most popular version?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

This has only been said by Daz and then even Snoop said Daz need to shut his lyin ass up.

And if u talkin Scott Storch he said he provided the piano keys on Still Dre but then Dre built the track around that.

Naw Warren G signed to Def Jam and had some sideways comments that Kats knew were at his brother taking credit Daz, Said It, Chris Taylor refused to comment back in the day either way knowing how the Blackball ? works with Dre even before Pac put it out publicly it was a known thing in the industry that Dre ended up being a stamp and sometimes not actually even changing or adding anything other than the artist on the beat but still getting credit for what various other producer(beat makers)did. Melman, Emanuel Dean and a bunch of others have spoke up and than retracted due to the blackballing coming down from Dre Via Jimmy. Quik put a diss track out about the issue because Dre tried to get credit for some of his Deathrow ? but failed because he was vocal and credible... Snoop explained it away as Quincy Jones and other greats do not actually make the song they just refine what others do and in that sense Dre is a dope producer as he has the ear for a hit and knows how to attach his name to those hits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Rb6HE3ywQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLBxyqUwe6U
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easily Jay, how ironic that the Jay fans are trying to pass the label on to 50 in here you guys are ? weird.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn maybe Dre was as gangta as he portrayed himself in SOC. Since, according to you internet ? , Dre been jacking beats for like 30 years now and ain't NOBODY came to collect their money.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    50 Cent
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Bruh 50 recorded HIS artist crying to him and put it out.....it literally don't get more crab than that

He also was noticeably quiet when "Beamer, Benz, or Bentley" was blowing up.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Damn maybe Dre was as gangta as he portrayed himself in SOC. Since, according to you internet ? , Dre been jacking beats for like 30 years now and ain't NOBODY came to collect their money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21g7YQzCUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3UghOmh4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHWozileYM
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    It's easily 50. This guy has been a hater since How to Rob. I have never seen him say anything positive about black people. Not even his own son. Think about that for a minute.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    pachá12 wrote: »
    I got love for Jay, but 'D.O.A.' and 'The Story of OJ' were both blatant shots at popular black culture/music at the time. I didn't like that T-Pain had to suffer due to D.O.A. I know he's trying to have a mature message, viewpoint, but he should be able to recognize that he's got a powerful impact that may have negative circumstances for other trying to get money. T-Pain aint been the same since...

Autotune was wack and hurting the quality of the music. I'm glad Jay crushed that wack ? . It's no different then when Redman and other quality artists went at Hammer and Vanilla Ice. So you saying Hip Hop should not have a standard cause some lame Autotune rapper/singer need to get money?
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    I got love for Jay, but 'D.O.A.' and 'The Story of OJ' were both blatant shots at popular black culture/music at the time. I didn't like that T-Pain had to suffer due to D.O.A. I know he's trying to have a mature message, viewpoint, but he should be able to recognize that he's got a powerful impact that may have negative circumstances for other trying to get money. T-Pain aint been the same since...

Autotune was wack and hurting the quality of the music. I'm glad Jay crushed that wack ? . It's no different then when Redman and other quality artists went at Hammer and Vanilla Ice. So you saying Hip Hop should not have a standard cause some lame Autotune rapper/singer need to get money?

Jay Z Crush What tho?... Future is new Autotune King and now more rappers are mumbling singing with the autotune about being a Dope fiend ..Y'all love to give Jay Z so much credit but cannot take Jay Z criticism

6q2vuq6lfrf3.gif
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other

And speaking about Redman...? Got G-Check by MC Hammer and them 357 goons from East Oakland... No BS...Redman said out his own mouth ...and MC Serch was as corny as Vanilla Ice and got G-Check by MC Hammer too... #TownBizness

At the 2 minutes and 10 second mark... Redman speaks about MC Hammer
    https://youtu.be/0fyqEYQQW2U

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't stop laughing at how he only gave us one choice for a rapper.

But yeah, he always struck me as a jive ? .
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21g7YQzCUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3UghOmh4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHWozileYM

? every single one of those videos proves my point. Not one of those videos they claim they got their money. ? the last Daz video is titled "Dre was getting the publishing" aka Dre was getting checks, not me.

And that Big Hutch ? ain't got nothing to do w/ Dre. Dre ain't listed as EP on that album and didn't produce any tracks on that album.