Power Season 4 thread: June 25th(You will be banned for posting SPOILERS)

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    50 and Tariq are terrible actors.
    that hug on Tommy was ? terrible! Lol

I gotta put on sub titles just to understand them ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? he's the breadwinner so if the breadwinner wants to go legit she has no choice but to fall in line. If they were both bringing ? to the table financially then I can understand the power struggle. But since a woman is writing this show we see what we are seeing.

I don't think that angle is because a woman writes the show. That angle is there because it presents an interesting dynamic between someone who wants to change their lives vs someone who feels like that change would cause them to lose that person. If you think back to the first season the main point of contention wasn't even Ghost wanting to go legit, but Tasha feeling like if Ghost went legit she wouldn't fit into this new business world that he wanted to be part of. That's not a feeling solely seen by a woman because that was the same exact issue Tommy had with not wanting Ghost to go legit too.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Saks or w/e his name is was the funniest part of this ep when he was talking to han about the ? ? and at the apartment with angela

Plus as soon I saw mike lurkin, I said "? mike back at it again"

Rest is soap opera ? . I thought tariq was gonna ? reina since he was high like ?
    the min I saw Tasha go to silver house,
    I hit FF

Btw dre made it painfully obvious he got julio killed but tommy dumb. And tommy and ghost still gonna lie to tariq after all that just happened smh. He already got all the answers from kanan and dre, he just was gonna see if they was gonna keep it real. This guy about to leave the family and live with kanan. Season 5 is what that's gonna be about. Tariq gonna be bodying ? left and right
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point i wouldnt mind seeing Tasha, Dre, Tariq, bald headed ass lawyer and Angie gone
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's full circle is what she said about meeting him instead of ghost first. She saying she could have been legit with him, same thing ghost had with Angie and wanted with her to be legit businessman.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder why no one refuses to shoot Kanan in the back....first he damn near Frisbees Dre s daughter then turns his back on him...then after he kills Jukebox he turns his back on Ghost and walks out
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that ? Dre enough to carry that show?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that ? Dre enough to carry that show?

I like his character. He's a snake but interesting

Not main character material though
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why this ? Silver look like Jerry Stackhouse? lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    What's full circle is what she said about meeting him instead of ghost first. She saying she could have been legit with him, same thing ghost had with Angie and wanted with her to be legit businessman.

Yup...and that should make her understanding why Ghost did what he did easier for her but she probably won't
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That sex scene was like 15 secs of lameness

That corny attorney ? couldnt even fake hit it long enough
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I was laughing when reina was like let's go to Connecticut, nobody will know about us there lol

That's still the tri state doggie :/

Lil Dr. Dre was just trying to help druggie Tyriq
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    Someone touched on it, but the one major plot hole I just don't get is she don't want to go legit, but dealing with all these legit regular ? .

Like wtf?

Most ehterous line which probably lead to that lil scene. I ain't leave the family I left you.

Ghost was like fucc u ? i hate you lol
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    yung$ wrote: »

Yup...and that should make her understanding why Ghost did what he did easier for her but she probably won't

In general alot of women are like that ? happen and they get emotional and justify their actions because of how they felt or were hurt. Quick to play victim, Angela in her own way didn't mind him changing and probably would have ? him if she met him in burger King again instead of truth, Tasha scared that ghost turning legit means she won't fit in, she will be left behind that's been her whole issue with him growing beyond a drug dealer.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? he's the breadwinner so if the breadwinner wants to go legit she has no choice but to fall in line. If they were both bringing ? to the table financially then I can understand the power struggle. But since a woman is writing this show we see what we are seeing.

I don't think that angle is because a woman writes the show. That angle is there because it presents an interesting dynamic between someone who wants to change their lives vs someone who feels like that change would cause them to lose that person. If you think back to the first season the main point of contention wasn't even Ghost wanting to go legit, but Tasha feeling like if Ghost went legit she wouldn't fit into this new business world that he wanted to be part of. That's not a feeling solely seen by a woman because that was the same exact issue Tommy had with not wanting Ghost to go legit too.

But again Ghost makes the money. He could say "I'm leaving the game and going legit" and that's the final word. With Tommy it's a little different. They were partners and both of them bring things to the table financially.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options