Who is the biggest "crab in a barrel" in Hip Hop?

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    50 has always said he live by the motto "don't outshine your master" so he tries to tear down anything that will outshine him..... 50 coo and all but everything about him is crab in a barrel

What about Jay kicking his man off the photo shoot? how about Jay being jealous of DMX and messing him around with an album release even tho X was a bigger selling artist than Jay?

When Jay took over as Pres. Of Def Jam in 2004

DMX - 16 million records sold

Jay - 32 million records sold

"Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't"

tumblr_inline_n4ymmfLVe01qho3id.gif
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    50 has always said he live by the motto "don't outshine your master" so he tries to tear down anything that will outshine him..... 50 coo and all but everything about him is crab in a barrel

What about Jay kicking his man off the photo shoot? how about Jay being jealous of DMX and messing him around with an album release even tho X was a bigger selling artist than Jay?

Nelly numbers are higher… facts!
    He has two clothing lines, Vokal and Apple Bottoms. He has been referred to by Peter Shapiro as "one of the biggest stars of the new millennium", and the RIAA ranks Nelly as the fourth best-selling rap artist in American music history, with 21 million albums sold in the United States.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay shouldn't even be in this discussion,
    he helped way too many "black" people become millionaires..

He'll never be considered a crab in my book..
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Other
    illedout wrote: »

Who? Name them
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn maybe Dre was as gangta as he portrayed himself in SOC. Since, according to you internet ? , Dre been jacking beats for like 30 years now and ain't NOBODY came to collect their money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Rb6HE3ywQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21g7YQzCUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3UghOmh4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHWozileYM

? every single one of those videos proves my point. Not one of those videos they claim they got their money. ? the last Daz video is titled "Dre was getting the publishing" aka Dre was getting checks, not me.

And that Big Hutch ? ain't got nothing to do w/ Dre. Dre ain't listed as EP on that album and didn't produce any tracks on that album.

See this is where you need to listen and peep game on the industry. Truth Hurts is one of Dre's artists and Hutch said he was contracted to develop Eve by Aftermath if you know anything about the history of Aftermath even post Eminem Interscope liked to develop artists under that label even if they were not released under it. Dre initially did not have the faith needed to put Eve's album out under Aftermath and gave her to Rough Ryder much like he did with the Game to GUnit. They flipped the Big Hutch Track which would have still been a Hit with Truth Hurts and put Faith on it to cut them both out of the production. While Truth Hurts Vocals were not used and she is assed out Big Hutch made the beat which they only altered and he wrote the hook which they continued to use... They out of court settled by the way a while ago..

You typed all this that still makes my point. You still haven't shown nothing where DRE was the one that didn't give that Big Hutch ? his credit or jacked his beat. RR and Swizz ? that ? over.
    Dre Contracted him to do the song it was recorded originally for Aftermath Dre gave it to someone else Dre is Liable simple ? ...
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    50 is either the biggest crab or biggest hater I'll let y'all determine the difference but he definitely owns the crown for at least one of them
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Cain wrote: »

The ? can't help but be a crab smh
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has 50 Cent ever gone after white people with the same negative energy he has with black people?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Meek Mills
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I can't stop laughing at how he only gave us one choice for a rapper.

But yeah, he always struck me as a jive ? .

Glad I'm not the only one that found that ? funny
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent

He has two clothing lines, Vokal and Apple Bottoms. He has been referred to by Peter Shapiro as "one of the biggest stars of the new millennium", and the RIAA ranks Nelly as the fourth best-selling rap artist in American music history, with 21 million albums sold in the United States.

I'm just curious on why you mentioned nelly. The argument was dmx.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Has 50 Cent ever gone after white people with the same negative energy he has with black people?

Never. Not once.

Kanye said Bush didn't care about black people and 50 said "well I can sell more albums than you".

Hilary Clinton talked ? about Obama all year long and in 07, 50 waxed poetically about her.

Kanye rushed the stage on that country singer and 50 went on a "MMMAAMMYYYYYY" media tour to praise any white female that hated Ye including Swift, Pink, and Katy.

White folk been acting a damn fool since Travon Martin got killed and all 50 managed to do was get turned down by some old white shriveled up female comedian.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    50 Cent
    illedout wrote: »

Who? Name them

"I've done made more millionaires than the lotto did
    Dame made millions, Biggs made millions
    Ye made millions, Just made millions
    Lyor made millions, Cam made millions"

All those Rocafella, State Property, Dipset, and Def Jam artists. He may not have made all of them, but he deginitely helped a hell of alot of artists make bank.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

50 entire team was eating…

If you say nobody should shine more than you if they around you that's crab in a barrel 101

What 50 said and what 50 did shows the opposite, Banks Buck and Yayo all got their time to shine and got big pushes, who did Jay push? it was Dame who gave Kanye his start, it was Dame who gave Dipset their album releases that's why Jay couldn't cope and had to leave Dame because his ego couldn't stand it, then he piggy backed on Kanyes talents like the true crab he is now he wants to send shots at Kanye on that overrated new album? lol now that Jay is running out of talent to piggy back his albums are not so good.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay stans always wanna throw out the "men lie women lie the numbers don't" line lol It's men and women who come up the the numbers and publish them you dumb ? , and men and women can lie right? stop thinking Jay is a genius you brainwashed sheep.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

50 entire team was eating…

If you say nobody should shine more than you if they around you that's crab in a barrel 101

What 50 said and what 50 did shows the opposite, Banks Buck and Yayo all got their time to shine and got big pushes, who did Jay push? it was Dame who gave Kanye his start, it was Dame who gave Dipset their album releases that's why Jay couldn't cope and had to leave Dame because his ego couldn't stand it, then he piggy backed on Kanyes talents like the true crab he is now he wants to send shots at Kanye on that overrated new album? lol now that Jay is running out of talent to piggy back his albums are not so good.

Jay left Dame cuz he was bad for business and burning bridges w/ his over inflated ego.

1st, Kanye chose Jay over Dame cuz he wasn't stupid. 2nd Kanye started ? on Jay, and his wife, first.
  • soul rattler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    50 Cent
    [img]http://www.commdiginews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/? -2.jpg[/img]

Somebody already said it, but some of you don't get what the "crab in a barrel" metaphor is.

the-crab-mentality-3.jpg

50 Cent literally had a song themed "If I can't do it, then it can't be done" on his VERY FIRST mainstream album. You can say "How To Rob" was just a gimmick or joke, but how do you defend him using that same tactic for attention throughout his entire career to this very day?

Meanwhile, Jay, on a freestyle to that same song said

"I take the pain from my life, pour it all inside
    Take my strain and my strife, take my ego and pride
    Used it to kick down the door, brought my people inside"

That is the exact opposite of a crab in a barrel mentality. Its not that Jay didn't want Kanye to outshine him, maybe its possible he just didn't see the potential in him at first. That's not the same. And let's stop acting like Dame believed in Ye. He signed him for the beats and calculated it a worthwhile risk to put out his album... no different then anybody else at Rocafella including ? ass Amil and Peedi. I'm not praising Dame for saying "Yeah... sure... ? it"
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent

Link?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Link?

Google, ?
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Other

I'm just curious on why you mentioned nelly. The argument was dmx.

Reading is fundamental you dumb ? .

I ain't text it all was waitin on yo goofy ass to respond wit sum fu as ? … 21million only in the United States all around the world he did 41mil ctfu! Jay not even top 5 highest sellers… facts!
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Other

Link?

Google, ?

It can't be proven jay has only pushed about 23mil if you add all 13 cds
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent

Link?

Google, ?

Link?

Google, ?

It can't be proven jay has only pushed about 23mil if you add all 13 cds