Who Knew Kid N Play Had Beef With Luke?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just found this on Youtube. The tracks are mixed together Kid N Play's track is first and then Luke's diss comes in @ 5:20. This is what the comments section says;
This right here is 2 tracks combined,first is kid n play then the luke reponse to there track..apparently luke dissed them first,luke begs to differ on 2live's crew banned from the usa album. luke talk's about salt n pepper and kid n play talking with donnie simpson on bet about him and 2live crew and luke took offense and started going off on that track,,,,which brings kid n play to make a track responding,,so kid n play started all of this...lol real talk i think luke track won.how is this??well for one house party 3 was taped in miami and 2. they was playing a luke track in the movie.so obviously they squashed the beef with luke..same thing happened the next yr after this track with dre and snoop.luke won that battle too.snoop and them squashed the beef...anyways enjoy..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchyPrD5g4

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone knew. When 2 Live was under fire some of the pop tarts tried to kick them while they were down, like Salt N Pepa, Kid n Play, and even Spike Lee.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Kid 'n' Play don't want them problems with Luke. Luke & his goons would've whoop the flattops off of them

Like they did Snoop and Dre?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kid 'n' Play don't want them problems with Luke. Luke & his goons would've whoop the flattops off of them

Cowards from compton get sprayed in dade it took two years for the west coast to respond the poison ? luke they kept wanting war..it took to snoop came along ..dont rewrite history ? i was there!!!
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dammit, someone call Karceno
  • blackgod813
    Options
    The Miami ? was on they head
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cowards from compton get sprayed in dade it took two years for the west coast to respond the poison ? luke they kept wanting war..it took to snoop came along ..dont rewrite history ? i was there!!!

Damn fam Not trying to rewrite history and ? but I still to this day never heard the Track post it up...
  • blackgod813
    Options

Damn fam Not trying to rewrite history and ? but I still to this day never heard the Track post it up...

Post???that ? on caset tape..
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc9De5_lJDk
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nobody got touch right? Dre and Snoop won the battle right? POISON CLAN long gone and forgot to most people. Miami took a L on that one.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Cowards in Compton ? is trash
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard they ran but Death Row goons got the business from Luke
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew nothing about Poison Clan prior to today sincere talk here is what I learned from WIki...
    Poison Clan was a Southern hip-hop group signed to Luke Records from 1990 to 1995, the group had various line-ups and members were JT Money, ( Saint )Thomas Brooks of Marianna Fl, Debonaire, Drugz, Uzi, Madball and Big Ram. Thomas Brooks played an important role in the development of the ? South movement that developed late in the decade. The group began as a 2 Live Crew-sponsored group on Luke Records and came to an end when the group's driving force, JT Money, went on to a more successful solo career after a business-related dispute with Luke. In retrospect, though Poison Clan struggled to gain notoriety outside of Miami in the 1990s, the group's style of sleazy, club-oriented, bass-driven rap provided the template for the late-1990s ? South movement.

Originally, Poison Clan was duo featuring Debonaire and JT Money featured on 2 Low Life Muthas. The two Miami rappers had impressed Luke enough for him to sign them to his then-fledging label, Luke Records, and have Mr. Mixx, 2 Live Crew's DJ, produce the album. 2 Low Life Muthas became a modest sensation in the South with its blend of ? rap, gangsta rap, and Miami bass. By the time of the group's second album, Poisonous Mentality, Debonaire had left and was replaced by Saint , Uzi and Madball and its big hit, "Shake Whatcha Mama Gave Ya," that was produced by Thomas Brooks but credit was stolen from the Jackson County native and sued Luther Camble and Sony Music for 2 million dollars and won. Saint moved to Las Vegas and expanded the group's reach outside of the South. Furthermore, Poisonous Mentality found J.T. Money taking over as Poison Clan's driving force—though Poison Clan paraded itself as a collective, it was actually more of a solo project. Poison Clan's third album, Ruff Town Behavior, would prove to be the group's most successful on the Billboard chart and for the Clan's fourth and final album, Strait Zooism, the clan featured one new member, Big Ram. By this point in the mid-1990s, 2 Live Crew and, in particular, Luke, had fallen off the map, resulting in tensions between Luke and JT Money, allegedly over unpaid royalties. J.T. Money parted ways with Luke and embarked on a solo career that got off to a great start in 1999 with "Who Dat." That same year, Luke released The Best of J.T. Money & Poison Clan, which collected the best moments from Poison Clan's five-year run.
  • blackgod813
    Options
    Some ? ass ? ? u did!!! U need to lay pipe in them?? O i forgot punks dont like women
  • blackgod813
    Options
    Ooo an luke invented the term ? ?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah I didnt know JT was throwback like that lol
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope diss ....
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its on youtube
  • blackgod813
    Options

Its on youtube

I kno i just didnt feel like it :o
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Play with the ?
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Luke may of talked about it in his book, fckn great read BTW and real insight into what a legend Luke is... Ive never really felt 2 Live's music, but daum any hip hop head needs to read it, nothing but mad respect to him...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the south we know bout poison clan and jt money and the beefs... other regions esp the east be late to the party lol