Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Its not hard to study financial trends. Thats what people who study and report on economics do when they report these findings. They don't just make the stats up out of thin air. And if you think college kids is out here balling then you got a very false sense of things. Majority of people are on loans and grants and scholarships to pay for school hence why the student loan system is in the ? up condition it is now in terms of loan repayments. Of course I would help support my child right out of school but I'm also not naive enough to think that situation wouldn't be a strain on most people who would have to do that. Your "ok" responses ie your attempt to be dismissive are telling because you went and made assumptions then were given proof that you were flat out wrong. You seem to be operating under the assumption that just bevause you got it everybody else does...that ain't reality

1. You're not making any valid points to the questions and points I've made, just empty talking points "like study financial trends is not hard to study" I asked you about the surveys, if they are surveying everybody that's working and looking into everybody's saving accounts. How do you follow a trend with what ppl are saving breh? Stop it, empty point/waste of statement with no meaning behind it.

2.They don't make up stats, yet they don't survey (Everybody) It's cool to survey 500-50k ppl and such and cast your opinions on what everybody has? Oh just like 500-25k black ppl who they survey'd happen to say that they would rather rap or sing than read a book, All black ppl in the world wanna do this huh smh. Ok breh. See how stupid that looks and reads. Trends though of that survey speaks for everybody huh smh Ok breh

3. Who said anything about college kids balling? I said some of driving better cars than ? with real jobs. I said that this is not 1995, these college kids are not poor, you don't think they are not getting some type of allowance whether to live off of? or do you think they're sitting and a leaking college dorm room with no AC? Dude most of these college football players are living better than some ppl out there? So why is it you that stated that these kids are poor? Again another empty talking point to try and prop your stance. What college football player that attends FSU, Bama, OSU, (I'll just use those 3) are poor?

4. Most ppl that are not playing sports are on loans,

5. My ok response is pretty much I'm done with bringing up valid points in this debate, I'd rather just move on because you trying to convince me to believe excuses

6. Assumptions about cacs equally going broke like black players? Dude posted a link that linked cacs players going broke and I'm assuming that cac players struggle with their financial funding and going broke equally to the blacks in this league is crazy?
    If the league in my example using these numbers has a total of 400 players, 300 players black, 100 players cac, you and the link that dude posted are going to sit up here and debate that outta the 100 cac players, you think over half will be broke when they retire? If you believe that then we have no further discussion, Outta those 100 cac players, maybe 9-17 (I really wanna say under 10) would be broke/or would have ran through their money in the course of their careers.

If your criteria for an accurate financial study is to look into everyone's savings then by your logic no study is good enough. You know damn well studies are done by taking a sample size of certain information and going from there. Or maybe you don't know that and just don't know how research is done. It's already been proven that these studies cover more than black people and black athletes yet you're still harping on a point that you've already been proven wrong about. And you really out of your mind if you think there aren't kids on these teams who are poor. They live on campus for part of the year. They do eventually go back home and unless their parents had money before they went to school, guess where a good number of them are going? Right back into their low income neighborhoods they grew up from. Unless you think these ? get to college and all of a sudden come up on millions on the low. There's a reason why if alot of those kids scholarships are pulled they can't go back to school. Because they literally can't afford it. There's a reason there's such a strong push for athletes to get paid and be able to market their own license. Do you not remember Chris Webber saying the main reason he left Michigan early was because he didn't even have enough money to buy his own jersey if he wanted while Michigan was making millions off the Fab 5? Go look at the documentary "Schooled The Price of College Sports" and listen to ? Foster talk about how at times him and his teammates had to get money from their coaches just to get some food to eat while he was at Tennessee. Your whole POV is just off and you're not even basing it on actual research and numbers just your own misguided opinion when there's actual answers to these questions you're posing you just refuse to believe it because it goes against your own pov. The bad money management isn't just a black player thing, it's athletes in general but because the NFL and NBA are majority black of course their numbers are going to be higher. You're just trying to dismiss clear evidence given to you instead of just admitting you had that one wrong.

1. Breh, I hear what you're saying, but it's nothing but excuses. The whole poor kid in college is something that you stated. When these kids arrive on campus, some if not most are being taken care of and are living better than how they were living back at home. Some of their parents are being taken care of also. Before going to college/accepting the offer, yes, some are living in poor areas. I never said that they were not coming out of poor areas, I stated that when they get on campus, (the ones that play sports) they are being taken care of. Again, you went back to the C.Webb days and I clearly stated that this is not 1995 breh, (92) when he was in college. Your statements are invalid breh and don't even tie into the fact that these players need to boycott the NFL which is what I am talking about. In 2017, do you think players are getting money from their coaches to eat? Yes or No, again I stated this is not 1995,

• Knock_Twice
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @blackrain

1. I never stated that I want them to make an instant turn-around, I've stated that (to bad) that they didn't save, we have a serious problem with the NFL. You and others are insinuating that since black players can't save money, then they shouldn't boy-cott, which is silly. It's not my fault that they can't save from a 500k salary and that's the rookie min. You can't save 5-10% of that? Silly breh

2. Just because these players can't save money, they can't boy-cott is what you're saying? They should let ppl mess/disrespect them? Ok gotcha. Again and I stated and asked you this before and you didn't answer my question:
    What is the difference with these players that's living paycheck to paycheck and becoming broke after their career vs boy-cotting and being broke now, since you're saying that they living pay-check to pay-check, Isn't being in both situations will equal to these players being broke?
    At least one, you're be doing some type of justice and benefiting the black players that are coming behind you.

3. Breh you back-paddling now, you said that everyone that is going to college that is playing football, their 1st career choice is football only, they don't have time to get a better degree, smh. That's what (YOU) threw up there in your post, now you coming and trying to clean it up, Nah playboy, own what you've stated, re-read it and see how silly that sounds.

4. Who are (steering) these kids to take these weak classes? Do you have data/survey (since you like to stand on that) that state that these kids are being steered to take these classes? Do you think Nick Saban or anybody on his staff are steering all his top players to take Video/Knitting 101? Dude stop it. Do you think Urban Myer is steering his number 1 QB to take easy classes? Who are these ppl that you are saying steering these kids to not get a real degree?

5. I stated that the players should be saving, you and others stated that players don't save or can't save, I stated "oh well" not my fault that they can't save 500k, breh please stop trying to re-write a new book, stick to wha you stated and bring some valid points to back your statements up breh. I stated that if they can't save 5-10% from a 500k salary oh well wit them, I've asked you about what ppl do that are not in the league that work: contractual/seasonal/term/temp jobs, How do they save and make it the world??
    Players not being able to save money is an excuse that you are leaning on breh. Plain and simple and it's silly. You keep saying that these players are relying on (One) income and I stated to you that with all the real-estate and investment opportunities out here, there's no way that players making that kind of money should rely solely on (One) income.

6. Breh, I couldn't care less, I don't have no pity on a person who can't save money from out of a 500k salary. Why are you giving them (woah me statements for them) I don't care about their financial problems, that aint even my fight nor angle I"m standing on with them, that's you that keep bringing that up and fighting for them to keep playing and not boy-cott because they can't stop spending. They can't boy-cott because they have a spending problem or racked up crazy bills, Super Silly breh. So I suppose to feel bad as a fan for these players because they can't keep their wallet close? and let the NFL keep insulting my ppl and my intelligence? Breh that's silly and I don't see why you don't see it.

7. Breh if my job pays me 500k, I will have multiple rivers of income coming from out of that 500k year salary. There's no excuse for these black players to be saying they gotta continue to play and take the disrespect that this league is doing to them.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Its not hard to study financial trends. Thats what people who study and report on economics do when they report these findings. They don't just make the stats up out of thin air. And if you think college kids is out here balling then you got a very false sense of things. Majority of people are on loans and grants and scholarships to pay for school hence why the student loan system is in the ? up condition it is now in terms of loan repayments. Of course I would help support my child right out of school but I'm also not naive enough to think that situation wouldn't be a strain on most people who would have to do that. Your "ok" responses ie your attempt to be dismissive are telling because you went and made assumptions then were given proof that you were flat out wrong. You seem to be operating under the assumption that just bevause you got it everybody else does...that ain't reality

1. You're not making any valid points to the questions and points I've made, just empty talking points "like study financial trends is not hard to study" I asked you about the surveys, if they are surveying everybody that's working and looking into everybody's saving accounts. How do you follow a trend with what ppl are saving breh? Stop it, empty point/waste of statement with no meaning behind it.

2.They don't make up stats, yet they don't survey (Everybody) It's cool to survey 500-50k ppl and such and cast your opinions on what everybody has? Oh just like 500-25k black ppl who they survey'd happen to say that they would rather rap or sing than read a book, All black ppl in the world wanna do this huh smh. Ok breh. See how stupid that looks and reads. Trends though of that survey speaks for everybody huh smh Ok breh

3. Who said anything about college kids balling? I said some of driving better cars than ? with real jobs. I said that this is not 1995, these college kids are not poor, you don't think they are not getting some type of allowance whether to live off of? or do you think they're sitting and a leaking college dorm room with no AC? Dude most of these college football players are living better than some ppl out there? So why is it you that stated that these kids are poor? Again another empty talking point to try and prop your stance. What college football player that attends FSU, Bama, OSU, (I'll just use those 3) are poor?

5. My ok response is pretty much I'm done with bringing up valid points in this debate, I'd rather just move on because you trying to convince me to believe excuses

6. Assumptions about cacs equally going broke like black players? Dude posted a link that linked cacs players going broke and I'm assuming that cac players struggle with their financial funding and going broke equally to the blacks in this league is crazy?
    If the league in my example using these numbers has a total of 400 players, 300 players black, 100 players cac, you and the link that dude posted are going to sit up here and debate that outta the 100 cac players, you think over half will be broke when they retire? If you believe that then we have no further discussion, Outta those 100 cac players, maybe 9-17 (I really wanna say under 10) would be broke/or would have ran through their money in the course of their careers.

If your criteria for an accurate financial study is to look into everyone's savings then by your logic no study is good enough. You know damn well studies are done by taking a sample size of certain information and going from there. Or maybe you don't know that and just don't know how research is done. It's already been proven that these studies cover more than black people and black athletes yet you're still harping on a point that you've already been proven wrong about. And you really out of your mind if you think there aren't kids on these teams who are poor. They live on campus for part of the year. They do eventually go back home and unless their parents had money before they went to school, guess where a good number of them are going? Right back into their low income neighborhoods they grew up from. Unless you think these ? get to college and all of a sudden come up on millions on the low. There's a reason why if alot of those kids scholarships are pulled they can't go back to school. Because they literally can't afford it. There's a reason there's such a strong push for athletes to get paid and be able to market their own license. Do you not remember Chris Webber saying the main reason he left Michigan early was because he didn't even have enough money to buy his own jersey if he wanted while Michigan was making millions off the Fab 5? Go look at the documentary "Schooled The Price of College Sports" and listen to ? Foster talk about how at times him and his teammates had to get money from their coaches just to get some food to eat while he was at Tennessee. Your whole POV is just off and you're not even basing it on actual research and numbers just your own misguided opinion when there's actual answers to these questions you're posing you just refuse to believe it because it goes against your own pov. The bad money management isn't just a black player thing, it's athletes in general but because the NFL and NBA are majority black of course their numbers are going to be higher. You're just trying to dismiss clear evidence given to you instead of just admitting you had that one wrong.

1. Breh, I hear what you're saying, but it's nothing but excuses. The whole poor kid in college is something that you stated. When these kids arrive on campus, some if not most are being taken care of and are living better than how they were living back at home. Some of their parents are being taken care of also. Before going to college/accepting the offer, yes, some are living in poor areas. I never said that they were not coming out of poor areas, I stated that when they get on campus, (the ones that play sports) they are being taken care of. Again, you went back to the C.Webb days and I clearly stated that this is not 1995 breh, (92) when he was in college. Your statements are invalid breh and don't even tie into the fact that these players need to boycott the NFL which is what I am talking about. In 2017, do you think players are getting money from their coaches to eat? Yes or No, again I stated this is not 1995,

Yeah players actually do still struggle financially on campus and still need to be given money on the low in order to get certain ? .
  • Knock_Twice
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yeah players actually do still struggle financially on campus and still need to be given money on the low in order to get certain ?

What certain ? (let's be very clear and not use vague/empty ass statements) what is the certain ? that these players need to get while at these schools to survive/stay in school and on these teams. Certain ? Like what?

What players at these cacs schools are struggling breh? Where's your data/survey that backs up what you are saying that these basketball/football/baseball players are struggling at these cac intuitions

Give me 3 cac schools that you know of that you know football/basketball/baseball players that are struggling financially? The info can better help me understand your statement

I'm not about to let you just throw out/post empty ass statements so that you can continue to save face breh.
  • blackrain
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1. I never said that they shouldn't boycott. I don't known how you keep missing that. I said that why the probably wouldn't. Those are 2 different words.
    2. Again telling you why somebody wouldn't do something isn't near the same as saying why they can't or shouldn't.
    3. Its not a secret that people who go to school to play a major sport hope to make a career out of it. Its also not a secret that many schools give athletes schedules more geared toward keeping them eligible as opposed to actually preparing you for a career so its not a shock how many former college athletes have trouble getting a normal job if they dont go pro.
    4. ? the University of North Carolina literally created an entire department with fake classes designed to keep players eligible and they're about to be sanctioned for it. Ole Miss just got punished for playing players who weren't academicly eligible. Derrick Rose entire season at Memphis was wiped away because he had somebody take his SAT for him and was later deemed to never been allowes to play. You can't be this naive to think this ? doesn't happen when players and teams been getting penalized for it all the time. The starting qb at UCLA did an interview literally this week saying it happens with players being steered toward classes and majors more designed to get them a passing grade as opposed to actually learning something

You keep harping on what players should do as opposed to the reality of what they actually are doing. Of course they should be saving money. Of course they should have multiple streams of income but the reality is them like most people don't. You are trying to operate on how things should be as opposed to how they actually are and the reality is many players simply can't afford a lock out and to most people providing for their family today takes precedent over doing something for the future. I never said you should feel bad for them but you also can't just be that dismissive as to why they aren't doing it. Because again I say, and you have still yet to answer this for yourself, ain't too many people altruistic enough to willingly give up a year salary of any kind with no gurantee they will see that money back at some point.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Back in the blacks sacrificed for the better good of the race... today we spoiled. Cats put money over everything and won't risk losing that check to stand up for what's right. It's a tough situation cuz u want ur money... but sooner or later u have to stand for something... same ? losing they millions cuz they can't stop smoking weed but won't speak out with their platform on racial injustices cuz they scared to lose that same check. That's some backwards was ? .

I feel what you saying, but like someone else asked "Does Kap even want to play ball anymore?" I think it's a bit much to expect ? to give up the money they feed their families with over poor treatment that he might not even give a ? about anymore. I don't know. The players been showing their support for Kap. Isn't that enough?

Naw its not enough... The ? owners know ? aint gt the courage to boycott a game.... Imagine if its the last gamef the year and ur team gotta win this wildcard game and all the blackon the team refused to play... Imagine the white tears if they lost and were eliminated from layoff contention due and the statement that would make... If its organized right the black vets who got their money and are still good nough to start and would be on the fornt line. Thats what a sacrifice is... Kap did that for us a black folk... no matter the motive homie stepped out on the limb to speak up and it cost himhis job. Other black folk need to have that same courage and selflessness... But once again its money over everything

But other players did do the same thing Kap did. Now ya'll are starting to exaggerate. Kap was the first to take a stand and was more vocal, but other players did take a knee or do other forms of protest and others spoke out. They took the same risk he did. The difference was that many of them were more vital to their teams and weren't going to be put into this position in the first place.

And we're not talking about money over everything. It's not like people are suggesting that players can't do what's being suggested because they need to keep their bank accounts full. We're saying many of them can't do it because if they do, they will be put in severe financial hardship and for many the statement may not be worth that. That said, I was talking more about boycotting a season as some were suggesting. If you're just talking about boycotting a game, everyone in the NFL should be able to do that with some preparation.

I support a game boycot by the players, but I don't really think it would have the effect you guys think it would. It would ? the owners off, but they'd of course recover some of the revenue lost by withholding player pay. The real problem would be the customer base. A small percentage would understand why the players did it and not sweat it. A larger percentage would think the players were out of line, but not sweat it too much since it's just a game. A similar percentage would bash the players and may even stop supporting the NFL. Ultimately, it could hurt the NFL in the long run, which might seem good, but at the same time if it hurts the NFL, it hurts the players too.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the blacks sacrificed for the better good of the race... today we spoiled. Cats put money over everything and won't risk losing that check to stand up for what's right. It's a tough situation cuz u want ur money... but sooner or later u have to stand for something... same ? losing they millions cuz they can't stop smoking weed but won't speak out with their platform on racial injustices cuz they scared to lose that same check. That's some backwards was ? .

I feel what you saying, but like someone else asked "Does Kap even want to play ball anymore?" I think it's a bit much to expect ? to give up the money they feed their families with over poor treatment that he might not even give a ? about anymore. I don't know. The players been showing their support for Kap. Isn't that enough?

Naw its not enough... The ? owners know ? aint gt the courage to boycott a game.... Imagine if its the last gamef the year and ur team gotta win this wildcard game and all the blackon the team refused to play... Imagine the white tears if they lost and were eliminated from layoff contention due and the statement that would make... If its organized right the black vets who got their money and are still good nough to start and would be on the fornt line. Thats what a sacrifice is... Kap did that for us a black folk... no matter the motive homie stepped out on the limb to speak up and it cost himhis job. Other black folk need to have that same courage and selflessness... But once again its money over everything

But other players did do the same thing Kap did. Now ya'll are starting to exaggerate. Kap was the first to take a stand and was more vocal, but other players did take a knee or do other forms of protest and others spoke out. They took the same risk he did. The difference was that many of them were more vital to their teams and weren't going to be put into this position in the first place.

And we're not talking about money over everything. It's not like people are suggesting that players can't do what's being suggested because they need to keep their bank accounts full. We're saying many of them can't do it because if they do, they will be put in severe financial hardship and for many the statement may not be worth that. That said, I was talking more about boycotting a season as some were suggesting. If you're just talking about boycotting a game, everyone in the NFL should be able to do that with some preparation.

I support a game boycot by the players, but I don't really think it would have the effect you guys think it would. It would ? the owners off, but they'd of course recover some of the revenue lost by withholding player pay. The real problem would be the customer base. A small percentage would understand why the players did it and not sweat it. A larger percentage would think the players were out of line, but not sweat it too much since it's just a game. A similar percentage would bash the players and may even stop supporting the NFL. Ultimately, it could hurt the NFL in the long run, which might seem good, but at the same time if it hurts the NFL, it hurts the players too.

Yea and these owners are billionaires with other businesses

They can missed a season
  • Knock_Twice
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1. I never said that they shouldn't boycott. I don't known how you keep missing that. I said that why the probably wouldn't. Those are 2 different words.
    2. Again telling you why somebody wouldn't do something isn't near the same as saying why they can't or shouldn't.
    3. Its not a secret that people who go to school to play a major sport hope to make a career out of it. Its also not a secret that many schools give athletes schedules more geared toward keeping them eligible as opposed to actually preparing you for a career so its not a shock how many former college athletes have trouble getting a normal job if they dont go pro.
    4. ? the University of North Carolina literally created an entire department with fake classes designed to keep players eligible and they're about to be sanctioned for it. Ole Miss just got punished for playing players who weren't academicly eligible. Derrick Rose entire season at Memphis was wiped away because he had somebody take his SAT for him and was later deemed to never been allowes to play. You can't be this naive to think this ? doesn't happen when players and teams been getting penalized for it all the time. The starting qb at UCLA did an interview literally this week saying it happens with players being steered toward classes and majors more designed to get them a passing grade as opposed to actually learning something

You keep harping on what players should do as opposed to the reality of what they actually are doing. Of course they should be saving money. Of course they should have multiple streams of income but the reality is them like most people don't. You are trying to operate on how things should be as opposed to how they actually are and the reality is many players simply can't afford a lock out and to most people providing for their family today takes precedent over doing something for the future. I never said you should feel bad for them but you also can't just be that dismissive as to why they aren't doing it. Because again I say, and you have still yet to answer this for yourself, ain't too many people altruistic enough to willingly give up a year salary of any kind with no gurantee they will see that money back at some point.

1. Breh, your hold stance is on, how ? can't boy-cott because they have bills and how they would need money to pay for trainers which I debunked that thought with valid points. Why even make a statement like that when that shouldn't matter when ppl in here telling you that ? is irrelevant when it's not the fan fault or anybody fight, that ? can't save 5-10% of their salary.

2. Ok breh.

3. Breh you can pick your own classes, what are you talking about? College athlete players can pick their own classes, with what they pick is on them and their advisers, the only thing is given are the times and days that they have to choose to fit into their football/basketball/baseball/etc schedule.

4. Breh, again, you are re-writing the book, I never said inappropriate behavior doesn't happen on these campuses, I stated that these so call ppl that you are saying steering these ppl is silly. Created fake classes/fake grades has nothing do with what we are talking about breh. Breh, aight, if that helps your point about kids choosing easy classes, then kudos. You still haven't answered the question about these players struggling about getting certain ? ?

5. Breh, I've answered that question many times. Breh, I don't rely on (one) income and anybody that does that's making that type of money, should try not to.

6. Reality is players can't save/afford to not do a boy-cott is what you're standing on? Ok breh. But players will end up broke at the end of their career because they can't save/afford to save and are living paycheck to paycheck See how silly your statement is? They can't afford to save (now 8/10/17) and boy-cott and they can't turn around and start saving like you said, yet at the end of their careers they will still be broke? eh. With these 2 statements you said, it's reality and they should keep playing?

Again, reality, they still will be broke after their career ends right? So again, how is not boy-cotting (today) is gonna change their financial status (broke) when they retire (broke)
  • blackrain
    Options
    1. You still dont get thus basic point. I don't know how its going over your head but I broke it down as simply as I could.
    2. Yes you pick your own classes but again when it comes to athletes the main point is to keep them eligible so, and plenty players have confirmed this over and over again, athletes are often given easier schedules or fake classes in order to keep their gpa up so they can play. Like I said UCLA starting qb literally just spoke about this a couple days ago. And with this statement I'm doubting if youve ever even been to college because for the athletes who are serious about their education and want certain majors you run into another issue which is certain classes are only offered at certain times so if you're an athlete but a class that's mandatory for your major conflicts with your practice schedule you think the coach or the school is going to rearrange everything so you can take that one class? Hell no. You literally can look up athletes talking about how they either ? their way classes or were given grades without even showing up. Or like I said with the UNC example stuff literally being made up to keep them eligible. Idk how you think college works but it ain't as simple as pick your classes and go.
    3. Players getting steered to classes and certain majors does happen. Again you have players former and current say it happens. You can't just dismiss them saying it happens simply becauae you don't want to believe it anr change your stance with the new information. And yes some players do struggle at times. Unlike alot of college students they're not working and the small stipends they get only goes so far. Once again going back to the documentary you really should watch you have some schools that give a $30 per weekend stipend. Now if you think that's enough to get all the things you need while in college again I question just how much you know about the cost of actually living on a college campus especially in certain cities with a high cost of living.
    4. Once again you're saying what you think it should be as opposed to what it is. Its great you have more than one stream of income. Reality is most people don't. And even with your multiple streams of income I seriously doubt you'd willingly go without one for a full year even with having multiple other streams.
    5. Not boycotting today means they still have an income and the ability to start saving correctly as we all agree they should be doing. Thus preventing them from being broke later. Its not that many retire broke, though some do, its that many don't adjust their cost of living to reflect the change in income and still live as if that next big check is going to come in. That's what leads to many going broke so soon after they retire.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    1. You still dont get thus basic point. I don't know how its going over your head but I broke it down as simply as I could.
    2. Yes you pick your own classes but again when it comes to athletes the main point is to keep them eligible so, and plenty players have confirmed this over and over again, athletes are often given easier schedules or fake classes in order to keep their gpa up so they can play. Like I said UCLA starting qb literally just spoke about this a couple days ago. And with this statement I'm doubting if youve ever even been to college because for the athletes who are serious about their education and want certain majors you run into another issue which is certain classes are only offered at certain times so if you're an athlete but a class that's mandatory for your major conflicts with your practice schedule you think the coach or the school is going to rearrange everything so you can take that one class? Hell no. You literally can look up athletes talking about how they either ? their way classes or were given grades without even showing up. Or like I said with the UNC example stuff literally being made up to keep them eligible. Idk how you think college works but it ain't as simple as pick your classes and go.
    3. Players getting steered to classes and certain majors does happen. Again you have players former and current say it happens. You can't just dismiss them saying it happens simply becauae you don't want to believe it anr change your stance with the new information. And yes some players do struggle at times. Unlike alot of college students they're not working and the small stipends they get only goes so far. Once again going back to the documentary you really should watch you have some schools that give a $30 per weekend stipend. Now if you think that's enough to get all the things you need while in college again I question just how much you know about the cost of actually living on a college campus especially in certain cities with a high cost of living.
    4. Once again you're saying what you think it should be as opposed to what it is. Its great you have more than one stream of income. Reality is most people don't. And even with your multiple streams of income I seriously doubt you'd willingly go without one for a full year even with having multiple other streams.
    5. Not boycotting today means they still have an income and the ability to start saving correctly as we all agree they should be doing. Thus preventing them from being broke later. Its not that many retire broke, though some do, its that many don't adjust their cost of living to reflect the change in income and still live as if that next big check is going to come in. That's what leads to many going broke so soon after they retire.

5. You a few posts ago stated that it's not an instant turn-around to start saving and now you're stating/suggesting that they can start saving, but I thought this would be a hard job to do as you stated along with another poster? So now, if they don't boy-cott, they won't be living paycheck to paycheck? and now they can save is what you're saying? Now, you're saying it's not that many that retire broke after you stated that most players in the league are living paycheck to paycheck and don't save and that we as fans/who want the boy-cott should take that into consideration that they don't save, but now you're saying that they don't retire broke? Lol. Breh, you're saving face and all over the place. No diss either it's not even that serious, just barbershop talk wit me, but your talking points are invalid and weak. You stated all these trends and that 95% of ppl don't save but now you stated that most don't retire broke and threw in the (net) and said that (though some do) Lol, Ok breh,

What's the percentage that don't retire broke? if they are living paycheck to paycheck like you stated, you stating that these players (many) don't retire broke after your career, but some do? How is that breh? They only have (one) income remember.

4. Reality is that most ppl making 500k in 4 months (should) have multiple streams of income, Let's keep the light on this sector of ppl that are getting 6 figure salaries on a yearly base. Which goes back to what I been saying, save yo money.
    If I'm making 500-2 million dollars a year breh, I can live off the interest I get from off that, especially if I'm a 5-8 year veteran, my interest of the funds that is accumulated in my bank accounts alone would be enough on top of the other streams of income that these players would/could be making. Excuses breh You never heard of ppl living off the interest of their savings? cacs do it all the time that are making this type of money.

3. Breh, What players are struggling financial in 2017? hell what players have been struggling in the past 5 years at these cacs schools? Small stipends goes so far? What does that even mean breh?? How far does it suppose to go? See another empty statement with no substance you just made.
    So these 5, 4, 3 star recruits in 2017 are getting $30 dollars a weekend? Breh come on. This aint 1995 I keep saying. Breh, when you're college, these schools have it setup for you that you don't really have to spend a dime, you got cafeterias that provide you with several food options (meal plans, you can actually pick a certain type) you have housing/boarding that comes with free Wi-Fi/study areas/recreational area, and computer/stations-centers, state of the art libraries, transportation to get you from and to around campus and these are perks for the regular student that's not playing sports. What is you talking about breh? Breh, what does a college football/athlete player at Bama/LSU/FSU/OSU or any cac institution and HBCU have to pay for that's a necessity?

2. Breh, please stop it, U do know at these cac schools their are designated kids that take notes for these players, they sit in the back of the class and take notes, these players can show up to class and take their own notes or they can get it from the kids that are designated to take notes in that class. The whole part about the classes not being offered at a certain time of the day is silly breh. So you're telling me if a players that wants to major in EE (Electrical Engineering wouldn't be able to if they don't offer the classes around his schedule? Breh, really, you really stating this? Ok breh. Breh a player BS'n through classes falls on who? Them right, it's their fault if they chose not to learn and not show up and take the ? serious.

1. Ok, breh, you broke it down.
  • blackrain
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You are confusing yourself with these points you're trying to make. I said players can start saving now or at any point to begin to prevent them from living check to check...I didn't say they would sew results over night. Hence me saying they can start. You still harping on a percentage I said was intentionally exaggerated. That alone is showing you dont understand a good portion of what you're debating.
    2. Yes I know peoplr can live off their interest but if as you've already acknowledged alot of players dont havr savings lined up then what interest would they accumulate to live off of? Again speak on what's actually happening not what you think should be happening.
    3. Yes schools provide things for the students...but you know what? Meal points aren't endless. They do run out. And again you still need money just to do basic ? . You think even something as simpme as laundry is free? Books, clothes, even just wanted to chill and go out like any other college student. That ? ain't free...and if you're coming from a place where your family already ain't got it then you still won't have it when you get to college. I don't know why you keep ignorimg the fact that you have players speaking about these things today. Unless you're calling them all liars I suggest you actually go look at the things they're saying.
    4. You're further proving my point about these schools not properly preparing these athletes for anything other than sports with ? like having people take notes and attend class for them. And no you can't just make a class magically fit your schedule because anyone who has been to college know that there are certain classes offered only once or twice a year at specific times and there's no negotiating that. For instance in my major there were two mandatory courses that came with a weekly lab session every Wednesday afternoon and another that was every Thursday fall semester of my junior year. Now had I been an athlete guess what that means? I would have had to switch majors because those classes were only offered in the fall and they would have clashed with the time my schools football team practiced. Stuff like that does determine what classes students take and what majors they pick.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/no-country-for-colin-kaepernick/536340/
    No Country for Colin Kaepernick

It’s very possible that the activist-athlete will never take another snap in the NFL.

• stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20327882/oakland-raiders-marshawn-lynch-remains-seated-national-anthem
    Raiders' Lynch remains seated during anthem

Marshawn Lynch appeared to stage a silent protest in his return to the NFL, as the Oakland Raiders' running back remained seated during the national anthem prior to the team's 20-10 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Photos show Lynch, who suited up but did not play, sitting on a cooler while holding a banana during the anthem.

Lynch has talked to the media once since he came out of retirement and was acquired in a trade with the Seattle Seahawks last spring, and that was in the offseason program.

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said he spoke with Lynch after the game and was not aware that he planned to sit.

"[Lynch] said, 'This is something I've done for 11 years, it's not a form of anything other than me being myself.' I said, 'So, you understand how I feel. I very strongly believe in standing for the national anthem but I'm going to respect you as a man. You do your thing and we'll do ours. So, that's a non-issue for me," Del Rio said.

Raiders quarterback E.J. Manuel said the team supports Lynch, adding the decision was "more of a personal thing" for him.

Lynch was not in the NFL during Colin Kaepernick's kneeling protest against racism and police brutality last season but has previously expressed his opinion on Kaepernick's action.

Kaepernick remains an unsigned free agent.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    usatsi_10215477.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
    White feelings coming soon.

Lol of course he wont even take a knee :joy:

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ white ppl in their feelings. I been to sporting events and I see white ppl in the stands sitting during national anthem
    They don't stand at home either, with their fake outrage-having ? .
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ white ppl in their feelings. I been to sporting events and I see white ppl in the stands sitting during national anthem

You forgot at the concession stands gettin beer, in the bathroom ? and takin ? , havin convos while its going on, basically giving zero ? , but those same ones got ? to say bout kap
  • stringer bell
    Options