participate fam
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I hate it

Its not a forum anymore

Yall turned it into a facebook feed

Imma ride with yall till u close this site down. But imma take my talents elsewhere when yall make the switch.

Imma be a free agent in this hip hop forum game

to your point, the visual version of the ic you are accustomed to seeing will be implemented, but yes, to your point, it does look more like a feed at this point
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    if you wanna talk music @thegoat, start a thread lol

we always having all kinds of music games and stuff

participate fam

No the past 2 months yall been doing nothing but posting 80s & 90s r&b youtube videos

Then voting on who posts the best ones

ZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

And the only new album threads in months that have had any traction are Meek Mill & Jay Z :/
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it

Its not a forum anymore

Imma ride with yall till u close this site down. But imma take my talents elsewhere when yall make the switch.

Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah this feels like a twitter or something. I hate twitter.

Forums just aren't the same anymore. Today, you have this new social media layout; quick posts, shares and reactions.

If you ask me, it's a smart move. It's more welcoming to those who are used to this type of platform. For us, it's a 'dramatic' change, based on how we've posted for years on the IC, but everything has to evolve or die off. If this forum doesn't change, it will die. (it's currently the reason it's dead, too, also thanks in part to all the ? that went on the past few years here.)

We will get used to it. Plus, it's not even final. Our activity and input will mold it into a better website.
  • AP21
    Options

participate fam

No the past 2 months yall been doing nothing but posting 80s & 90s r&b youtube videos

ZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

And the only new album threads in months that have had any traction are Meek Mill & Jay Z :/

brah, those are contests/team battles lol

the winners get ABW cash to play other games and ? lol

but there will be more stuff to do with the cash in the near future
  • AP21
    edited August 2017
    Options

participate fam

ZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

brah, those are contests/team battles lol

the winners get ABW cash to play other games and ? lol

but there will be more stuff to do with the cash in the near future

Yea i dont care about ABW monopoly dollars

And Goldie ? if he thinks imma paypal him real cash for fake internet money

aye man, lets take this to the ? if you got questions and whatnot...i dont wanna flood this site with another site's dealings
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it

Its not a forum anymore

to your point, the visual version of the ic you are accustomed to seeing will be implemented, but yes, to your point, it does look more like a feed at this point

So does this mean the beta version we see now is nothing like what it will be?

It actually wont look like a Facebook feed or it will?

Are u helping set it up?
  • AP21
    Options

It might work well in the donkey but again, imagine having to sift through a ? ton of deadeye or conflict quick posts of them talking to themselves smh. Mods would have to be on their ? , but we already know them mfs aint gonna do their jobs, that's a big problem yall aren't addressing here. Way too many threads in GnS for example that have one, maybe two replies and they fill up a whole page of threads......
    ]
    name namnes pleighboi

LMAO

not now Busta fam

lets at least wait until page 5 before the derail
  • AP21
    Options
    I hate it

Its not a forum anymore

So does this mean the beta version we see now is nothing like what it will be?

It actually wont look like a Facebook feed or it will?

Are u helping set it up?

i've been included in a couple of discussions for feedback

if i say anything more, greg will send the goons

take from that what you will
  • JoshuaMoshua
    JoshuaMoshua Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It might work well in the donkey but again, imagine having to sift through a ? ton of deadeye or conflict quick posts of them talking to themselves smh. Mods would have to be on their ? , but we already know them mfs aint gonna do their jobs, that's a big problem yall aren't addressing here. Way too many threads in GnS for example that have one, maybe two replies and they fill up a whole page of threads......
    ]
    name namnes pleighboi
    lmao Idk yall all by name so I'll point out the sections where thread/comment spam is the worst:

GnS and Donkey

As I mentioned, GnS has way too many threads where there's 1 or 2 comments that fill up a whole page of threads. The adhd thread in Donkey literally has posters filling up whole pages simply talking themselves. It's countless times where I see "40 new posts" only to find out 30 of them ? are deadeye posting morbidly obese broads. That ? would never happen if mods weren't slacking.

• AP21
    Options

]
    name namnes pleighboi
    lmao Idk yall all by name so I'll point out the sections where thread/comment spam is the worst:

GnS and Donkey

As I mentioned, GnS has way too many threads where there's 1 or 2 comments that fill up a whole page of threads. The adhd thread in Donkey literally has posters filling up whole pages simply talking themselves. It's countless times where I see "40 new posts" only to find out 30 of them ? are deadeye posting morbidly obese broads. That ? would never happen if mods weren't slacking.

i tried
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

]
    name namnes pleighboi

GnS and Donkey

Bruh, that's the whole purpose of that thread so ppl don't do the ? in threads that actually have content to it smh
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah this feels like a twitter or something. I hate twitter.

@Lou_Cypher do u still post on ablackweb?

I cut back because nobody really talks music over there. I just pop in every now and then

I do every now and then. Not as often as i post here, but I browse and if there is a good thread ill participate or a opportunity for a zinger i will zing
  • JoshuaMoshua
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

]
    name namnes pleighboi

GnS and Donkey

Bruh, that's the whole purpose of that thread so ppl don't do the ? in threads that actually have content to it smh

I have a genius idea here......how about banning posters that do nothing but ? post? How hard is that?

That's a lazy approach to modding, you wouldn't treat an infected leg by tying it off with a belt would you? No, you'd either cut it off or try to eliminate the infection.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will reactions be included in the new format or nah?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

]
    name namnes pleighboi

GnS and Donkey

I have a genius idea here......how about banning posters that do nothing but ? post? How hard is that?

That's a lazy approach to modding, you wouldn't treat an infected leg by tying it off with a belt would you? No, you'd either cut it off or try to eliminate the infection.
    Adhd was literally designed for ? posters so banning them for contributing to the thread designed for them is dumb

INSTEAD, how about moving other post to their desired sections. One shouldn't have to go thru 10 pages for sports talk, music talk, random BAB's, and the such when there are threads existing for that

I made Westie a Card reading thread and that did numbers. And cleared up ADHD for the real random ?

• JoshuaMoshua
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

]
    name namnes pleighboi

GnS and Donkey

Adhd was literally designed for ? posters so banning them for contributing to the thread designed for them is dumb

INSTEAD, how about moving other post to their desired sections. One shouldn't have to go thru 10 pages for sports talk, music talk, random BAB's, and the such when there are threads existing for that

I made Westie a Card reading thread and that did numbers. And cleared up ADHD for the real random ?

Bruh, there's ? posting and then there's spam. Nothing wrong with trying to be funny/goofy but when it's nothing but one poster posting fat broads or talking to themselves for a whole page something is obviously wrong with the approach to modding.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will reactions be included in the new format or nah?

eventually..
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I imagine a lotta potential threads are wasted in ADHD.

I think I'd rather see a buncha failed threads than a successful ADHD.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

]
    name namnes pleighboi

GnS and Donkey

Bruh, there's ? posting and then there's spam. Nothing wrong with trying to be funny/goofy but when it's nothing but one poster posting fat broads or talking to themselves for a whole page something is obviously wrong with the approach to modding.
    But that's the place for it.

You should really be in ADHD for random stuff imo. Like spamming ? 's be having whole 10 pg, 3 day conversations that could have been it's on thread

It's been said before, but it was one of the first real blows to this sites demise
This discussion has been closed.